July 29, 2014 | 2023 users online

Hair Color - Roux - Fanci Full Rinse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OK, I totally forgot about this until I saw a new review on the front page and then immediately ordered some online -- literally fifteen minutes ago, haha. Because holy moly, this is good stuff! It works magic on my coarse hair, especially when I need to blend out some roots -- I used it all the time when I colored my hair. Since I haven't dyed it in awhile I haven't done a rinse in about eighteen months, but I love the way it makes my hair texture calm down and look shiny so I'm going to do the Chocolate Kiss shade over my natural color (which is very very dark). It always adds a little extra dimension to highlights/balayage so I'm confident it'll give me a little extra shine and warmth for the summer! In general, Roux products always seem to agree with my hair type so it's no surprise that these do a great job at perking up a dull hair week. Thanks for helping me remember the secret to shiny hair, MUA! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by probair3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Roux fanciful rinses. They have been around forever but there is nothing on the
market like it. I have used many shades over the years. My favorite blonde shade was Bashful Blonde." When I finally went brown I used "Chocolate Kiss" (dark) and when I went to a lighter brown I used "Frivolous Fawn." Not every shampoo but whenever my hair looked faded or needed "something." Also it conditions the hair! (and if you don't already know, it washes out after shampooing.)

Now I am all about "Lucky Copper." I love it. I get great red highlights without dying.
Red is a very hard color to get right so this is the perfect solution. Not always available in stores anymore but Amazon and eBay are good places to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by beauteee94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So basically let me give some background on my over worked hair. I have been going blonde (extremely light yet not platinum) for the past three or four years now. Now I have been trying to grow my natural hair color out (which is dark dark brown, almost black) but when I dye my hair darker so I don't have major contrast the hair dye fades within a few weeks. And I'm talking even black hair dye fades because I had bleached my hair so often so once if fades I end up with light brown, dirty blonde hair. Since my natural hair is do dark I get a drastic stripe when my hair grows out. BUT ANYWAY LETS GET ON TO THE PRODUCT!! When I put this on my hair (as the directions say) it covers all the faded hair dye and blends in well with my roots. I use the shade Raging Black but I have also used the Chocolate Kiss as well. Both work however since my hair is naturally so dark the black blends better. The product doesn't seem to damage my hair at all. And I think it actually adds shine to the hair! It is very liquidy but it's easy to apply once you get the hang of it, and it lasts quite a long time. It's so weird because rinses seem so out dated but this is a fabulous product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

I tried the Black Rage shade of this rinse, and while I almost never give products 1 lippie, this is about the least effective hair product I've used in my life. It smells nice (almost exactly like FX's Silk Drops), but that's where my list of positives ends. The package is ugly and impractical. I found myself wiping off black at the OPPOSITE side of the bathroom than I was using. The product is liquidy and dripped out of even my ultra-thick Hispanic hair before I could manage to pick up the comb right in front of me to distribute it. It didn't actually get on my hands too bad, which was alright. As for the color? Nonexistent. My hair is was warm, lightish purple before using this. I did as instructed, putting it in towel dried hair liberally then blow drying. The result? Warm, lightish purple hair. I was genuinely shocked at how useless this stuff is. With all the good reviews, though, I figured I was doing something wrong, so I tried it on dry hair. That at least darkened my hair a bit, but it made it a disgusting plum shade rather than black. There's not a chance on this earth that I'd repurchase or recommend. At least it was cheapish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Sharon49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a former hair stylist (long ago), I am very familiar with this product. Some of our customers who were too cheap to invest in permanent hair color opted for this temp rinse. I dreaded having to use the darker colors which stained my hands, cuticles, and our then-standard white uniforms. The colors we used most in our shop were Frivolous Fawn (for the customer who wouldn't pay for tint), Bashful Blonde for toning and refreshing bleached hair, and the staple White Minx for removing brassy tones from frosting jobs. Everyone wanted platinum frostings in those days. Fast forward to the nineties. I had switched careers but still did mine and my mom's hair. On a trip to Sally's, I discovered Roux mousse. This formula solved so many issues with the runny formula. It's so much easier to distribute throughout the hair and easier to control. I bleach my own hair and keep a can of Sweet Cream on hand all the time. I love the improved smell, the texture it gives my hair and the ease of application. Of course, it costs more nowadays, but it's still a bargain. Got brass? Don't panic--just go for a violet-based color. As I said, Sweet Cream works for me. When applying, be sparing with it and that will minimize smell and a "coated" look. A little goes a long way. For me, I have also found it to be the best performing mousse on the market. I'd give it high marks across the board except the liquid formula is messy--spray botte would be much better for the watery formula. Also, the mousse is a litte pricy, but I wouldn't be without it. I went back dark brown a couple of years ago and am now going back to very pale blonde. It's a work-in-progress but I'm almost there. My Sweet Creme mousse has been a life-saver and a brass-killer. It's a staple in my collection of hair products. I can recommend it with no reservations.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by hayleighlynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used silver lining to get silver hair. It damaged my hair so badly!
I would use it to touch up any brassy spots as some blonds get from time to time, and it worked ok on dry hair. DO NOT USE ON WET HAIR.
It says is for wet hair after showering, but when i put it on my hair started to brake off literally dried my hair to the point where i had to cut 2 inches off. And that was only the 2nd time using it.
Id only use it on dry hair if i had to.
Does give good silver colour though, so one lippie

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBoy88

I have to say this is one of my secret weapons when it comes to maintaining/perfecting that celebrity-esq white blonde.I use the White Minx. I have long hair on the top of my head that I bleach to a pale pale yellow (think the inside of a banana) and then I tone it with Manic Panic Virgin Snow. Afterwards I towel dry, pop a dime size amount of this in my hair, and blow dry. Fantastic. I always giggle that the bottle says 15 applications because I probably get 10 times that. Some people say this dried their hair out, but I find it moisturizes my hair quite a bit. I'm a total freak about maintaining my blonde hair though. So I use toner shampoos/conditioners, tone every one or two weeks, and use this whenever I shampoo (about every 4 days). SO cost effective. I get a ridiculous amount of compliments on my hair and this is part of the reason why.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by poorang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am all for Roux Fanci-Full products to tone down the yellow/orange/red after your toner has faded, it really works. I use it nearly every day in some capacity or another :)

It does tend to dry the hair a bit and make it look dull if you apply too much though.

My hair is platinum /silver. I add some 'true steel' or 'white minx' to my morrocan/argan oil and all of my styling products in general. The oils like argan tend to be yellow to begin with so a drop or two of 'true steel' & all set!

The mousse is great in SMALL doses, it's a very strong hold!

I'd like to know if anyone has other ways of applying it to offset the drying effect :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by rosek514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my temporary life saving product. My hair is going to be re-done because it is supposed to be am ashy blonde but it has a yellow tint to it because the last two people who tried fixing my hair did not use bleach and I just really think that my brown hair needs bleach to make it blonde without any BS. So I use the #52 white minx to cover up the yellow tint and it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by pebstheyorkie

I bleach my hair blonde at home and use Fanciful Plush Brown in the mousse formula at my roots. It just makes my color look more natural and takes away any brassy tones that can sometimes show up at the root area. I hope they never stop making this stuff!!