July 30, 2014 | 2059 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Biotherm - Biosenses Body Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The entire Biosenses body care line has been discontinued but if I could find this body cream, I would happily purchase it again. This is a very rich and moisturizing body cream but even though it's rich, it is easily absorbed into the skin (unlike some creams, which require a lot of rubbing and massaging to get the product to soak in). It has a very light, refreshing scent that helps keep that "just out of the shower" fresh feeling going. It's a shame this one was discontinued because it was a really good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by MissCandyThief

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product because i have dryish skin because i would be in the sun playing sport a lot and i wasn't in a routine of applying moisturiser but then i came across this product and everyday i want to apply it because of the wonderful scent that it has. I still haven't finished my first jar because it has so much product in it. The price is quite expensive but if you look around there will be some low prices. It's really moisturising and doesn't leave my skin oily or greasy. As the other reviews say, it is a balm not a butter so it isn't as thick as a butter would be. Great product would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by SB80

I'm on my second tub because I'm addicted to the uplifting scent of this lotion. It's good at moisturising but not as rich as Palmer's lotions. Will probably continue to buy for the heavenly scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by SumSum

I love the scent of this body balm. It get abosrbed into my skin perfectly without leaving oily film. Price wise I think it is reasonable. it costs SGD $43, much much cheaper than my previous body lotion = body fitness which costs $70!@_@

What I dislike about is only the packaging, but no choice since it is a balm( cream form).. so biotherm prefer to put into a jar instead of a bottle?!

Overall, it is a great body product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 3:58:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good product. I usually don't go for very high-end body products, but I was in a fix and this was the only thing that was close enough to a body butter, which I was in desperate need of. So I shelled out the cash (~$45USD).
At the time, I though it was incredulous even for Biotherm to have that as the asking price, but I caved and I do not regret my purchase. For those thinking that this is a butter, it is not, it IS a body balm. The consistensy and colour *are* like butter quite literally, but the way it sinks into the skin very fast and non-oily is really as a balm. So if you're looking for extreme moisture (like I was) this isn't it, but it is very moisturising. I love this for my arms and thighs, but my calves still need a bit more. The smell is lucious, like a mild sweet-orange essential oil, nothing fake or plastic about it, and I like that it comes in a jar because it means that I have more control over the amount I use and I can get the last little smears out.
I recommend this for dry skin, but not very dry skin, and will enjoy until I've finished the jar. No repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2006 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ettebee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is another really nice product from Biotherm. I got it in a set with the Biosenses exfoliator and Biosenses shower gel (both travel size) and the balm (full size) for $25 which is usually the price of the body balm alone. I love the smell!! This sounds crazy, but it smells like the pink one of those scented markers we used to use in art classes in elementary school! LOL. The smell isn't to strong but it lingers lightly. If I use Eau D'Energie after (which smells incredible), I love the combination. I would buy it again but I won't need to for a long time as the jar was filled completely to the top and you only need the slightest amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by lifeisgood3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did like this stuff. It does have a fresh, orangey smell, but it's not over whelming once it dries. This is not as thick as I thought it would be since it is a balm; I expected it to be something closer to a body butter. I do like to use this right after a shower. It's light enough that you don't feel it all over your sheets when you go to bed, but rich enough to moisturize. It is expensive so that is something to think about before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2006 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Pimpette_69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this!! I'm very familiar with Biotherm products since I use them on a daily basis. I love this moisturizer! It has a wonderful orange-y smell, and it feels amazing on the skin. It's a good consistency, and it blends well into the skin. For about $42 CAD, it's not a bad price, but I don't like the packaging. I would much rather it be in a tube. Oh well, I still love it. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

Biosenses Body Balm - awakening your senses. Comes in 200ml tub for $49, to expensive for my liking (the price really just put me off). i love the smell, it has essensial oil of citrus (oranges and grapefruit) and mineral. Unlike other lotions or cream you dont need much cause its a BALM. and its really non greasy but moisturising at the same time. Great product, but i'd just hope someone buy me this instead.