November 28, 2014 | 1802 users online

Treatments (Face) - Equate - Medicated Acne Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product, it is definitely an essential. If I run out, I will definitely make a trip to Walmart just to get this, but, I try not to run out! Definitely not for sensitive skins, only for severe oiliness and acne. Works great at drying up my t-zone, I even wear this as a mask on my t-zone at night. By morning, it's totally gone, eaten up by my indestructible oil haha, but it definitely helps and keeps pimples at bay. Not great for day wear, it does tend to leave a white cast, similar to sunblock. I do hate that the packaging size shrunk from 1 oz to 0.65 oz, though the price didn't change, I go through this stuff like crazy! Cvs' version of clean & clear's persagel works great,too. I'm like an addict with this stuff, when it's gone, I cut the little tube in half, gets me another 2-3 uses. I wish I could find a more permanent solution to my over active oil glands, but until then, I have to slather on this goop religiously.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Jamie47

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works Great and doesn't dry my skin out

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This absolutely ruined my skin. I used it only one, a tiny little bit on problem spots, and my entire face turned beet red and has been itchy and inflamed for several days. Beware if you have sensitive skin!!!! It is terrible and so hard to rid yourself of the effects after one use! Even if it does start working after a few uses, I wouldn't use it for that long, it's too painful! Not to mention that looking like you have horrible sunburn isn't attractive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this dupe for OXY because OXY actually worked, it was just more expensive. I should have spent more and got the real thing though. This equate version didn't have any effect on black/whiteheads or pimples. Pretty useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by nxdfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My original review is below. I used this for a week or so with no problem. I started to get very irritated burning skin from this. I also got hard to remove blackheads/whiteheads on my cheeks and chin. I switched back to OXY and overnight I look much clearer. Spend the extra buck fifty on OXY!

Original Review: HG acne medication for me! I used to use Oxy cream, until I found this little gem! $2 at walmart! It's more of an exfoliating cream than a gel. If I apply too much it does burn a little, but I slap some moisturizer on and it soothes it, and I wake up pimple free. The packaging kind of sucks because once you get to the bottom of the bottle, you have to unscrew the cap and use a qtip/finger. I still love this though!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by TarynHart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a staple for me. You can spend way more on products with benzoyl peroxide, but BP is BP and there is no need to get an expensive version. My entire skin care routine is very inexpensive because I am a believer that the important thing is the active ingredient. I use a cetaphil dupe as a cleanser, witch hazel as a toner, a medicated (salicylic acid) apricot scrub to exfoliate, a light moisturizer with a sunscreen and BP as a spot treatment. I can get everything in large sizes for $10-$15. I use this product as a spot treatment at night and apply generously to affected spots -- I dot in on and pat in until no further product will absorb and then put one more dot on and leave it on top of the skin. If I have kind of a patch of acne, I'll apply to the entire area and rub it in and will usually apply 2-3 layers (until no further product will absorb). The pro is that BP applied generously works on acne; the con is that it will cause dry skin. Moisturizer and exfoliation will help, but BP dries the skin. So, I really only use on affected areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by tawxil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I haven't personally used this product (YET! I'm going to wal-mart first thing tomorrow morning!!) but I couldn't help but notice how many people complain about redness, flaking, irritation and not giving the product a fair trial. I can understand if you have gone on with it for a while, but not like one or two times. BP can be very harsh at first, causing these reactions. You need to stick it out and make sure you use a moisturizer!! That being said, after at least a month...if it's still bad then maybe throw in the towel. But after one or two tries? Nah. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by violetsiva

I wouldn't call this a gel really. It's more of a gritty lotion. You can get "smoother" gels (they sell one in a tube for around $5), but for the price (I got it for less than two bucks), this stuff is totally worth it. I use this as a spot treatment on blemishes and also as an ingrown hair treatment. I had an ingrown hair for months and months and it just wasn't coming out. A few days with the acne gel was enough to get it out. I use this stuff at night on my acne and they will be visibly reduced by the morning. I use Cetaphil over it and have no problems with my skin being overly dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Katianasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Retin-A, Benzaclin, Differin, doxycycline and oral contraceptives and nothing worked. i used to get microdermabrasions, expensive face peels and nothing has worked.

This has worked! I have smooth skin in less than a month's time.

I apply it all over my face. It can cause my skin to dry, and I just use a moisturizer over it when needed.

I have clear skin now. I buy three bottles each time, since I don't go to Walmart often, and sometimes there isn't any on the shelves.

I live in miami, where cold weather is not a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ShamyBabess

SAVED MY LIFE. Seriously. The 10% BP is amazing. So inexpensive and effective. I love it. Only use as a spot treatment and moisturize really well afterwards or your skin will dry out.