April 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by lingre

Hate how much I love this due to the price and not being able to find it cheaper online... The SA sold me on this and I have not seen a better foundation compact since. Great coverage, smoothes on easily. Very clean makeup that doesnt make you break out and is great for combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Novelist12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday and I really love it. I purchased 74 Ambre and it blends perfectly into my skin. It's so light and natural looking. And I love that I can carry it in my purse. I use it as a foundation, but the sales lady said that I could also use it as a touch up powder. It comes in a sleek shiny black case with a velvet pouch. The sponge that comes with the product is ok, but I highly recommend purchasing Chanel's blending brush #7 for a more flawless application. (The sponge is actually good for using as a concealer on problem spots of the face.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Sheanna3

I did a lot of research on this product. I read great reviews on this product, so I purchased it. I got 30 beige for yellow undertone. The color is perfect, same color as mac studio fix powder NC 35. When I did my makeup I couldn't Believe how little of amount goes along way! The coverage is beautiful and it definitely had great full coverage without the powder look!! My face looks flawless and my big pores are less visible. I would recommend this product to anyone, also it stays in place and it last throughout the day!! The mirror is nice and big too!!! Love you chanel

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Nameena

I really like this powder! Its very silky on the skin and really just blends into your skin after you apply it so it doesn't leave you looking powdery! I gives light-medium coverage, I have the lightest shade (10) and it matches me pretty well for about NC10 skin tone range. The packaging is really pretty and sturdy and sleek which I like.

I gave it a 4/5 because the shade could be a bit more neutral (I feel like they have straight up yellow or pink but not anything neutral!) and I wish they offered refill sponges and I also wish the sponge that it does come with was dual sided with a velvet side, since the powder is so expensive I was expecting a better quality sponge. This is partly why I dont want to repurchase because there are cheaper alternatives (like clinique or lancome) and I can buy refill applicators for the others and not my chanel powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I bought this on a whim one evening when I stopped by the Chanel counter "just to look," and I am very happy I did!
It was the end of the day when I stopped by, and I am sure I looked pretty raggedy, but after the Chanel lady put the powder and some wonderful lip gloss on me, I looked fresh and glowy!
I just love this stuff. I keep it in my purse all the time now so I can keep myself looking polished!
I am a MAC NC 20 I think, and the #12 Beige Rose is perfect on me. I also love that it adds extra sun protection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the reformulated version of this product - Double Perfection Lumiere

I have this in the shade 10 beige. It is slightly too dark and too yellow. I wish Chanel had neutral shades and lighter shades, say an 05. Nevertheless, I use this almost every day.

I have rosacea and have significant redness on my cheeks and nose, moderate redness on my chin, and just a little on my forehead. When my foundation starts to wear off in those areas, this does a pretty good job for touching up.

This does seem to get kind of sticky from skin oils rather quickly so I need to use blotting sheets with it more frequently than I would wish. On the other hand it never really has that super dry powdery look.

It comes in a sleek shiny black Chanel compact with a velvet pouch to protect it from scratches, and to protect your purse from stray powder. I like that the well for the sponge is separate and ventilated, but I wish there was an option to use a puff instead. I am not a fan of the included sponge unless I want to lay it down in an extremely heavy layer - for instance if I have accidentally rubbed all the foundation off the tip of my nose. Instead I picked up the brush that it is intended for the Hourglass ambient powders. It's a perfect size to hit the pan on this product and applies and blends it very nicely. If I have a blemish that has overcome its concealer, I dab a little of this on with a fingertip and tap it a few times with that brush.

It is Chanel so of course it is not cheap, but I've been using it for a couple months and haven't hit pan yet so I think it's reasonable. I chose that I would repurchase and that is true so long as I don't come across something better!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by fushigisushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really bummed out having to return this product twice. Its a great powder foundation- doesnt cake, accentuate pores/lines/dry spots, and goes on like a dream. It also doesnt contain many comedogenic ingredients, which is rare in powder foundations.The only problem for me was the color.. its either too yellow (which is strange, I'm asian) or too rosy. I started off with beige rose (32), thought it was too dark and red. I exchanged it for Beige (20) which was nice when I put it on in the morning but oxidized to an orangey shade in a few hours. The colors just did not match the color of my neck, so it wasnt natural. Chanel really needs to make a more neutral shade in between pink and yellow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

This is a creamy, dreamy, super-soft powder foundation with excellent coverage. Like other Chanel foundations, however, finding a color match for my pale but neutral skin tone was impossible. I settled on #35 Beige Rose... close enough because I loved the feel of it so much and wanted it to work. I tried it for 2 days, but it left me oily, shiny, and oxidized into a dark peachy pink. I'm sure this is a lovely product for people with dry skin, and I LOVE that for once they didn't put fragrance in a Chanel foundation, but for me this was a wake-up call. This is the 3rd Chanel foundation I've tried (I own VA and tried VA compact as well) and I now realize that I'm never going to find a decent color match at the Chanel counter. The pale shades are very pink or very yellow, so you have to blend two of them to get a neutral. Also, I realized that for the money, you're just getting a very hit-or-miss line with a prestigious logo and packaging that is frankly nothing but shiny, flimsy plastic. They use alcohol and fragrance in SO many of their products, and they test on animals. On the plus side, my frustration with this product led me to find Nars Powder Foundation, which is "Practically perfect in every way," as Mary Poppins would say. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunci

Everything you want in a pressed powder!! I feel like I am truly "putting my face on" and I see me, not the powder. There are no words to describe the finish except FLAWLESS. Worth it, however, it is quite a bit to fork over...($50). I just sponge it on with a damp sponge in the morning, and then touch up when needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by kristenswk

My only con on this amazing product is the cost. Granted it is Chanel, so you are paying for the name and quality, but $50 for a powder is something I never thought I would do. However, I did and I can't say I regret it.

It's true. This powder finishes amazingly well. It never creases, it's incredible for touch ups, and it can create a matte look on my face without aging me (I'm 30). It also creates a sort of glow that isn't shimmery or glittery. I like to apply this with a medium powder brush, but that is more personal preference I think. I've applied it over a BB Cream, just a moisturizer, and over foundation and have loved the look each way.

Enjoy!