January 28, 2015 | 1848 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 8:48:00 AM More reviews by redlipsdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been reading the reviews on the Chanel Double Perfection Powder compact, which I have used off and on for several years, including the "old" and "new" formulations. There seems to be several recurring statements/problems/themes about the expectations of this product. There are a few things to consider about Chanel Double Perfection Powder: it is not intended as a substitute for a good skin care routine, and therefore, cannot be expected to control every problem area that the user may encounter. I have found that investing in a skin care routine that works for your type of skin is the best way to get the most out of your investments in any make up products. Having said that, there are some make up products that just do not work well for everyone, not matter the price of the product. I highly recommend a professional skin consultation and investing in a consistent skin care routine before expecting a make up product to work miracles when a possible underlying condition may be a contributing factor as to why one does not like a product. I love Chanel products; but I also love L'oreal (made by parent company, Lancome), Maybelline, Revlon, Rimmel, NYC, and NYX products. However, my biggest investments have been doing research on my skin care needs, purchasing the right products, and being extremely consistent in using my products as recommended by the manufacturer. I have found that, by doing these three things, I have a lot more success with products such as Chanel Double Perfection Powder.

Jouir-Enjoy!
redlipsdiva

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2015 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Cindyyboris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's so cute, but is a poor compact powder. They don't cover anything. Is too expensive for what it is. Don't waste the money in this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. It's leaves my skin looking perfect, which it's not. Evens out and gives me a bit of radiance without looking oily. Very natural, so it's not for those who want a heavier look. It does last all day without touchups. No setting powder necessary. It is pricy, but it's Chanel.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by thetotty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works wonders for me! Controls oil, matte finish, and lovely tones. Only downside is that it costs ever so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

Much ado about nothing! First of all this product turns a wierd 'white' on me.I got the 42 Beige Rose. It doesn't feel elegant, it's rather heavy but doesn't 'cover' this product for me was/is just off...it went back. I'm stcking with Lauder's Lucidity powder...that does not 'turn' a color, it's seemless. The packaging on the Chanel is clunky and HUGE, heavy. I just regret buying it all around but glad they took it back...hopped over to Lauder and got the Lucidity powder in the round sleek compact.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Lilynhii

This product works great as a setting powder, the only downside to this product was that it turns orange if you don't apply it evenly (I'm a beige 20) and also the price, hate that I'm so inlove with this product but it costs too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by enebish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very surprised at the high rating on here. Does not control oil. Does not work as a setting powder. Will not hold your foundation in place. Medium coverage. Not long lasting. Poor color selection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I was looking for an oil control powder foundation that would be quick and easy to apply this summer, that also had added spf. This fit the bill nicely.

#10 Beige is a perfect match for my NC15 skin.

Makes skin look smooth and velvety. Good oil control. Medium coverage when applied with included sponge.

This has surpassed my previous favorite, Nars Powder Foundation, because this has better coverage, better oil control, better color choices, feels softer and finer in texture, and looks like velvet on skin. I use this powder alone (no liquid foundation underneath) and the finish is natural, soft and satin-matte. Yes, it's expensive, but I really like it. So I'll buy again. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. I wish I didn't because it costs a small fortune. I use it over foundation and it makes any foundation (drug store or high end) look lovely. Very finely milled (slightly messy), don't need much...simply pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by lingre

Hate how much I love this due to the price and not being able to find it cheaper online... The SA sold me on this and I have not seen a better foundation compact since. Great coverage, smoothes on easily. Very clean makeup that doesnt make you break out and is great for combination skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No