April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Stars N Rockets

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this duochrome eyeshadow by Mac. I start off by using a dark base such as Stila's Kajal eyepencil in onyx and blend really well and up into the crease, then adding S&R over this which gives an absolutely gorgeous deep violet/blue. I then use creme de violet by Mac in the crease and in the outer v I use my all time favourite eyeshadow which is MakeUpForever #92 which gives a deep pigmented purple, fab colour payoff! I always use my favourite primer which is the Nars SmudgeProof. This is my favourite goto look. Stars and Rockets is by far one of my most favourite Mac eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

This is one of the most unique shades I own- a duochrome eyeshadow that flashes dark pink and blue in light. I can't really pull it off on its own, but blended with other darker shades, it looks gorgeous. I bought this on a whim a year ago and am surprised I never reviewed it. It is very shimmery which I don't mind and it is a fun shade to play around with when I grow bored with basic colors. I have to use a primer before application, but it is pigmented and blends well with an eyeshadow brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I am glad it worked out for others, but on me, it looks like I got beaten up with a bruised eye. Yes gorgeous purple,blue,reddish pink. All of the colors of flesh beaten to the pulp. This color reminds me of zombie halloween make up I used three years ago. I'll wait til halloween rolls around again for some bloody gore use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I have a ton of eyeshadows from pinks to browns to blues etc but this eyeshadow is super special. I was in the MAC store and swatched this and walked around looking at other shades but I kept looking at this colour on my hand and I thought it was SO beautiful. It is a purple with pinkish and light blue tones to it, it is super unique. I applied it onto the lid and used a brown colour in the crease (something like wedge or soft brown by MAC) and it looked really lovely. If you wanna do something really fun you can play up the blue tones in the eyeshadow and use a turquoise colour in the crease or as a liner. This shadow is so versatile in what you can pair with it because it has so many different tones to it. You can even darken it with a really dark purple, black or brown for a night time look and it would look super sexy. This eyeshadow will especially make brown eyes pop and sparkle, it is so gorgeous. Please buy this shadow because there is NOTHING out there that is as beautiful as it is. I would recommend this to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by kperfetto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Stars N Rockets pulls too red on my eyes, but looks really nice as a shimmery violet blush. Most purple blushes are too brown, or too pink/red on my skin, but this is really pretty, in a slightly bruised sort of way. Urban Decay's Asphyxia is a close dupe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Even though I own a TON of eyeshadows (both Naked palettes, custom MAC Z-Palette) I had nothing remotely similar to Stars 'N' Rockets so I decided to buy it. It's a beautiful duochrome, a mixture of light pink-purple with a blue iridescence. It's a Veluxe Pearl, my favourite MAC eyeshadow finish so the pigmentation and application are both excellent. Now, it is quite bright, but I can make it work in the daytime by wearing UD 'Sin' in my inner corner, Stars n Rockets all over the lid and blended out with Wedge. The key to making it work is to blend with browns such as Wedge, Kid or Cork. Another way to wear it is 'Sin' in the inner corner, Trax all over the lid and Stars 'N' Rockets in the crease, but still blended with brown. This way you get a hint of Stars 'N' Rockets if you're not sure of wearing it on the lid. Oh, and if you layer it over a black base, it turns into the most gorgeous purple-blue! (I've included a photo)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by NKS

This is one of the few duochrome colours in the MAC pan eyeshadow range (excluding pigments), the other two being Vex and Club. As it is, the colour is nice, very fun and definitely for certain 'looks'. I'm not a huge purple fan as on asian skin it can look a bit contrived or very bruised.

As the MAC MUA was recommending this shade, my facial expression was one of scepticism verging on disinterest. However, he brought out a kohl liner and rubbed a little of this over it, and it went bright blue. A shade perhaps that can be duplicated by 'Freshwater' or 'Electric Eel' but where would be the fun in that? There's some slight purpley undertones which are subtle but substantial enough to make this look different from the true blue shades that MAC offer. I loved it!!!!!! Absolutely head over heels. When I first bought it, I wore it non stop for weeks as a liner (over NARS Via Veneto, UD 24/7 Perversion, MAC powerpoint liner Engraved) and got lots of compliments and the most I've ever had for any look from lots of guys (who let's face it, barely notice a thing most days).

I've taken one point off only for its limitations of use. I find I can't wear this as a purple eyeshadow - it just doesn't suit looks I'm comfortable with, and I wouldn't wear this bright a blue all over my lids for any sort of occasion. So I'm restricted to wearing it with 'sensible' colours to make them pop and my eyes really stand out. Looks great with MAC Amber Lights, Greensmoke and Coppering. Also looks fantastic (and probably my easiest and quickest look) with Illamasqua's Tango (a deep copper shade).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this eyeshadow! I layer it over a black base ( interestingly, I like to use smudgy Smolder eye kohl as a base and this really brings out the blue in this duo chrome). I like to pair it with Nocturnelle and/ or Parfait Amour.

NC50/ Matchmaster 7.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stars N Rockets is a beautiful iridescent duocrome eye shadow with pink/magenta and blue-violet colors in it. I used to have people ask me all the time what eye shadow I was wearing when I used this. I think it is very unique I have heard that Urban Decay does have a similar one but I haven't tried that one out yet. Stars N Rockets can be a little sheer but I like that because it is a very bright color and unless I am wearing this out at night I don't want it super super bold. It is buildable and applies smooth. I love to use this and lancome's iridescent purple-blue duochrome eyeshadow called drama in the crease with Stars N Rockets on the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Charmer7

I love this colour! I had seen a swatch on temptalia (sorry if I spelled wrong!) and I loooved it. When I got it in the mail I wore it over knight divine and it was amazing for me ( wore it mostly as grey). The color payoff is good to me and its very easy to apply