September 23, 2014 | 1002 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nature's Gate - Light Switch Lemon Brightening Serum for Day and Night

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I'm always on the hunt for affordable "brightening" products and found this at Winners for CDN $12.99. I've only used it once so far but am planning on employing it as a face and neck treatment 3-4 nights a week when I give my skin a break from a Neutrogena retinol treatment. I think the price is fair for the amount of product in the bottle - it's 1.1 fl oz (32 mL) and 3-5 pumps will suffice to cover both face and neck but I must say, the texture is kind of weird and... startled... me when I pumped that first pump. It's the texture of spit. The smell is nice though, very pleasant citrus scent. I will update as I continue to use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennirocketz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I definitely loooove this product it only cost me $10 bucks and its a lot for the price i only use one or two small pumps to apply on my face and what i love is that i can use it day or night! The consistency is nice its obviously a serum so its light but not sooo light its just right. It smells crazy delicious(if you like citrusy sweet lemonish smells) like a lemon drop and well the cristal bottle with pump i love and i love that its natural and has a lot of plants(i try to keep it a natural as possible) and well overall ived been using it for 3 weeks and my skin tone is more even and its not greasy(wich i have an oily t-zone) its silky smooth! And yes i would recommend it even if you have oily, acne-prone, dry, dull or combo skin its great for all skin types(:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

This is more of a light lotion than serum texture. It makes a great light moisturizer for oily or combo skin, and has a lovely lemonade scent. It won't really lighten your skin because it only has mulberry extract, and that is not strong enough to do much--for strong fading, you need hydroquinone. But this is a good night time or summer moisturizer that absorbs well, feels nice on skin and might brighten a bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by amandaxbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have hyper-pigmentation all around my jaw area including my lip area. I found a bottle of this stuff, in Marshalls for ten bucks jumping for joy that I didn't have to throw down 50 for Meladerm. Hoping this stuff would work it has only caused more freckles to pop up on my face, and no lightening effect. The only pro's are that it has made my face noticeably softer, and that it comes in a glass pump bottle. I will not recommend this to others

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't really impressed with this product. It had left a sticky feeling on my skin and did not brighten my skin after a month of continuous use. Found it dirt cheap at the local Winners for $7 CAD, so it was not a huge loss.....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Dayoungjin

I have sensitive skin but this work so great!!
lemon smell so delicious and my skin feel so fresh!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by molakip

I liked this product a lot. I've been using it for two weeks and I can honestly say that my skin has this unusual brightness to it and my skintone has evened out. It gets a lippie off for not keeping all it's promises. That being said I would buy it again because it felt nice to apply, and it absorbed quickly. The frosted glass bottle is cute and the pump makes it sanitary. Would repurchase because it didn't give me any breakouts and that is shocking considering my super sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by botoxic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like this as a nice, lightly moisturizing night serum which evens my skin-tone in the redness/ruddy sense, but not so much in the pigment/melasma one. It smells lightly of citrus, and contains citrus oils (Essential Oils of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon), which I thought were sun-sensitizing, but they may use oils which have been denatured of their sensitizing ingredients. The pigment-reducing ingredients include mulberry, mitracarpus, and bearberry extracts. It contains no parabens and has many certified organic herbal extracts.

I wore it religiously for a month in the evenings, while wearing a fairly good PPD sunscreen (neutrogena dry touch 55) in the daytime. My melasma did lighten, slightly, but that may be due to winter's shortened days and my more stringent sunscreen application. At any rate, it didn't make my pigment problems worse, and seems to refine my skin's texture/pore size a bit without making it break out or flake off. (I 've had no luck with high-end herbal lighteners like Phyto+ from Skinceuticals, either. Hydroquinone 2% has worked, but it also wrinkled /sensitized my skin.)

I also use their C serum and night creme, which are lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by maylias

No visible difference after two weeks of use: no brightening, no evening of skintone. My normal-to-dry skin almost seemed a bit irritated by this light serum/moisturizer. Also, seemed to make powder and other light cosmetics last a shorter time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by heartattackandvine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's too bad this product hasn't worked for a few MUA users, I love this stuff! I discovered it when I worked in a health food store a few years ago via sample foils. If you see those samples at your local health food store, grab a few, trust me. I have oily skin that requires a pretty extensive product regimen to maintain, but this stuff mellows my skin right out. I also don't get any of the stickiness some other ladies mentioned with it, I guess my skin sucks it right up. It's amazing. I have less blotchiness/redness, it seems to help blemishes, it's affordable, it's my HG serum. Love it, love it, love it. I'm just hoping the pump on the bottle holds up in my upcoming holiday!