Clinique Colour Surge Butter Shine Lipstick - Berry Blush 415

4.5

Pentaerythrityl adipate/caprate/caprylate/heptanoate, octyldodecanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated dilinoleyl alcohol, polyethylene, stearoxy dimethicone, silica, polybutene, microcrystalline wax/cera microcrystalline, talline, barium sulfate, butyrospermium parkii (shea butter), water, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopherol acetate, lauryl PCA, hydroxyethylcellulose, methyl glucose sesquistearate, cholesterol, ethylcellulose, oleic acid, C20-40 pareth-10, ethylhexylglycerin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, polyethylene terephthalate, acrylates copolymer, calcium sodium borosilicate, BHT. /- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, red 7 lake, yellow 5 lake, carmine, red 6, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, yellow 6 lake, blue 1 lake, red 28 lake, red 33 lake.

on 2/25/2013 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This lipstick completely DRIED MY LIPS OUT!!!!! It goes on smoothly, has mediocre staying power (similar to a gloss) but the next day my lips were dried out. They were sore and felt like there were tiny little blisters all over my lips, then by the next day, my lips were even more sore and dry. I don't have a problem with lipsticks, glosses etc. but this was horrible. I'll never buy the lip butter again!

on 12/5/2012 7:53:00 PM

Love this for a everyday color. It is a nice, natural berry color, and have a lot of shine but not sticky like a lipgloss. It doesnt last that long on the lips, but I dont need a mirror to tuch up, so no problem. Mine is used up, so I have to go buy a new one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

color: a silvered, purple-pink in the package which is very natural on my NW20ish skin. it looks a bit like MAC sweetie (lustre), but glossier and frostier. looks like my lips, but amped up a bit.

general comments: the buttershine formula isn't exactly the longest wearing, but is moisturizing and easy to wear. i like this particular shade for the office and for days when i just want to look pulled together but don't want to bother with too many steps in my beauty routine. i also loved pink toffee in the buttershine formula, which has more pink and brown in it.

for a department store lipstick it isn't particularly expensive, and the packaging is of decent quality. however, the formula doesn't wow me which is why it gets a 4, and not a 5. overall it is a solid, basic lipstick which will look good on a wide range of skintones. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After much debating between this and Pink Toffee, I bought Berry Blush. It looks like clear lipgloss on me. I like the texture but it's very shiny (should've guessed from the name) and it looks almost unpigmented on my lips, just a slight pinkish gloss. Not brown at all on me. For a Cover Girl Lipslick, this would've been great, but for $14.50 from Sephora, it's a little blah. On the plus side, it makes my lips feel very soft, and seems to last a long time.

on 2/23/2011 7:40:00 PM

I can't believe I've gone back to Clinique lipstick! This was just an impulse buy, but it is SO nice to the lips--softening! It seems that as I've gotten older I've needed more moisture in my lippie. It needs a lipliner as it is a very sheer color, but I went back and bought perfect plum yesterday because it's such a lovely color.

on 10/27/2010 12:01:00 AM

love color, and i love how depending on liner it can look like a completely different lipstick!! and i love the texture

on 10/26/2010 11:26:00 PM

Moisturizing lipstick. Pretty, neutral color (close to my natural color) with a hint of shimmer and shine. Great everyday lipstick.

on 6/8/2010 6:32:00 PM

Very moisturizing. Nice colour.

on 12/23/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just as the color states, this is a beautifully neutral berry color. It's a blush for the lips. Very moisturizing with a great sheen. Love love love these Butter Shine lipsticks!

on 11/11/2009 2:19:00 PM

This was my very first ButterShine, and I only recently finished it after 3 years! This product is wonnnnnnderful -- it's got lots of shine, a very nice formulation, and even has a bit of shimmer. This is big for me, I usually can't stand shimmer but it's understated so I love it. Although this is called Berry Blush it's more like a pinkish/brown color...not a true berry shade by any means but a probably universally flattering shade. This was the first lipstick I've *ever* finished completely -- wore it down to the nub! -- and I just picked up Raspberry Rush to replace it...I LOVE the ButterShines. Perfect combination of lipstick color and glossy sheen, and moisturizing to boot. Favorites!

Popular Lipsticks