Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

on 2/2/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have sensitive skin a lots of products make my skin itch and cause break-outs. Moisturizer has always been a giant challenge for me. I've been using this for years without any problems. I have a lot of redness towards the center of my face. I don't notice any change at all in that respect so I'm sure sure it does what it claims. As long as it doesn't irritate my skin, I'll stick with it though. My one compliant is that the bottle design sucks and leaves a ton of product that the pump can't reach. At least the cap unscrews easily so I can get to the rest of the lotion.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really really wanted to like this lotion after some of its stellar reviews. But alas I could not. I broke out after a few days of use and I don't usually get pimples often. I didn't notice any redness change. For those of you whom this works for I'm happy for ya! For me I'm going back to Olay moisturizer.

on 12/16/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I never write reviews but had to for this to warn anyone with sensitive skin. I have rosecea which I notice several people on here have as well and I have had the exact same reaction. This BURNED my skin, which is amazing since it's supposed to be ultra calming and for hypersensitive skin. I actually use alpha hydrox, 10% glycolic acid on my skin regularily with no side effects. This was horrible. As another reviewer mentioned, burning, flaking, redness like i've never had before. I must have had it on my hands when i put on my concealer which then made it burn my eyelids, causing my eyelids to swell up, and turn flaky and red almost as if they were burned, I was worried it would scar. My roseacea has never reacted like this to anything before. It took almost a week for it to calm down, during that week I only used extra virgin coconut oil, and it helped almost immediately.

Hands down, the worst moisturizer I've EVER used. definately not the 'ultra calming' lotion it claims to be!

on 10/16/2014 11:51:00 AM

I have sensitive skin. I also have been getting a redness on my cheeks/nose area which I think is rosacea. Everytime I wore this product, my face would turn red right after I applied it. The redness did not fad at all in the cheeks/nose. My face did not feel very mosturized after applying it either.

on 10/2/2014 3:43:00 PM

I have a lot of redness on my face and I went back to this because I used in the past without irritation. However, when I applied it on my face, my face started to get even redder and my skin began to peel in large flaky chunks. I immediately stopped using it and my face is healing, less flaky and not as red.

on 8/19/2014 10:42:00 AM

Lately my skin has been quite dry from my acne solution Proactiv so I though I'd buy a nice moisturizer to help get rid of the dryness. At first I liked it and though 'hey I found my new everyday moisturizer'. It moisturized and calmed my skin but the a few days later my skin broke out horribly. I never break out on my chin or forehead so when I did I knew something was up. Even though this moisturizer claims to be non-comedogenic I'm positive this is the culprit because it's the only new product I've been using in my skin care routine.
I've never broken out so bad before. My skin is now still healing but this was such a disappointment to me :(
I usually love Aveeno products.
DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE OR SUPER SENSITIVE SKIN.

on 7/21/2014 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for over a month and I love it! I have mild acne but my skin can burn and itch and this definitely helps with that. My only issue is that it feels greasy right after you apply it, but once you let it sink in to the skin it's amazing!!

on 6/16/2014 1:44:00 AM

This has been my go to moisturizer for years. It doesn't work magic but it comes close. Great for dry and irritated skin, it really is calming and leaves the skin looking better quickly. It is thick but if you're wanting calming this is a good thing. Most importantly of the 100's of moisturizers I've tried for my very sensitive acne prone skin this is BREAKOUT FREE!

on 6/1/2014 9:56:00 AM

I have been using this SPF 15 moisturizer for over a year now. I like the consistency of the product - it spreads and moisturizers well without having to reapply several times. It is non greasy. (Love!) I started using it after an allergic reaction from a cheap foundation and t did indeed calm my skin and reduce redness. Though expensive, it has lasted me a long time. This one is in my top 3 favorite drugstore facial moisturizers.

on 4/27/2014 2:24:00 AM

I have only been using this for a week, but so far so good.
It moisturises nicely and doesn't make me shiny. It doesn't sting, or cause whiteheads or pimples. It seems to calm my skin somewhat, especially compared with other "anti redness" creams I have used such as Avene Anti Rougeurs, and Dermalogica (a green, hideous cream).
I would buy it again for calming and sun protection. Oh, and my hubby likes it too.