July 25, 2014 | 977 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Samm12

I have been using this for over a month and I love it! I have mild acne but my skin can burn and itch and this definitely helps with that. My only issue is that it feels greasy right after you apply it, but once you let it sink in to the skin it's amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by McVeay

This has been my go to moisturizer for years. It doesn't work magic but it comes close. Great for dry and irritated skin, it really is calming and leaves the skin looking better quickly. It is thick but if you're wanting calming this is a good thing. Most importantly of the 100's of moisturizers I've tried for my very sensitive acne prone skin this is BREAKOUT FREE!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by marydlsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this SPF 15 moisturizer for over a year now. I like the consistency of the product - it spreads and moisturizers well without having to reapply several times. It is non greasy. (Love!) I started using it after an allergic reaction from a cheap foundation and t did indeed calm my skin and reduce redness. Though expensive, it has lasted me a long time. This one is in my top 3 favorite drugstore facial moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Amie83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this for a week, but so far so good.
It moisturises nicely and doesn't make me shiny. It doesn't sting, or cause whiteheads or pimples. It seems to calm my skin somewhat, especially compared with other "anti redness" creams I have used such as Avene Anti Rougeurs, and Dermalogica (a green, hideous cream).
I would buy it again for calming and sun protection. Oh, and my hubby likes it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by violetmagdalena

I had been using this lotion regularly for over a year. I do have dry, sensitive skin with slight redness, and I think I definitely noticed a reduction in the redness,especially now that I have switched to a different product. HOWEVER, I noticed recently that I was starting to get sensitive pink itchy/burning patches around my eyes. Assuming it was dry skin, I used more of this lotion, to no avail. Once I switched over to a new lotion the issues around my eyes have cleared up. Not really sure what happened, but I'm definitely a little nervous to try it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The reformulation of this product did quite the number on my skin. I loved the discontinued version. However, I found out that my "acne" was actually an allergic reaction to cetearyl alcohol and other fatty alcohols that are common place in many skincare products. I can no longer use this lotion without clogged pores forming within 12 hours. I've had issues with chronic skin congestion and redness that this product just exacerbated. It does provide a nice base for my foundation, but the consequences are too severe for me to deal with.

If you are someone with sensitive skin, I recommend you look up your products at COSDna and look at their acne/irritation ratings. Cetyl alcohol and other related forms are really hard on the skin and for me at least have been a root of an ongoing problem that irritated by skin in ways I couldn't have imagined.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by bandella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

NOTE: I'm copying and pasting this review I left for the cleanser. I bought both at the same time and have been using them together, so I'm not sure which exactly is the culprit, or if they're both aggravating me. I'm going to experiment and leave off the moisturizer, since I suspect it's the SPF irritating me, and I'll report back with results.

I've had rosacea since I was 15 (lucky me!) and have almost an additional 15 years trying to tame it. I tried this product once many years ago and stopped using it because it wasn't doing anything for me. After some recent research, I decided to give it another try, along with the Ultra-Calming Moisturizer. Hoo boy. I wish I hadn't.

Since my rosacea showed up, I've only had the redness, so I guess that makes me fortunate in one respect. Ever since I started using these two products, though, my rosacea has flared up with a vengeance and brought with it all the itchy, burning, and stinging sensations that I've never really dealt with before. I haven't changed anything at all in my diet or makeup routine, so I know it's either the cleanser or the moisturizer (or maybe both) that have caused this.

Granted, using both products in combination does make my extremely dry skin feel softer and more hydrated (though it's still flaky, but I'm not looking for a miracle here, either), but I've also noticed pimples showing up in places I've never gotten pimples before. And HOW. All over my cheeks (which is where I primarily concentrate with the cleanser, given that's where my rosacea is worst), but also my nose, chin, around my mouth, and basically just everywhere. So the marginally softer skin really isn't worth it for me.

I've been using these two products consistently for almost two weeks now, and it seems like everything's just getting worse. Definitely will not buy again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dunk my head into a bucket of ice to try to calm down the stinging and burning that this stuff has caused.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this face lotion, given that Dr. Leslie Baumann recommends it on her skin type solution book. It is not heavy and spreads well. No bad reaction. The culprit was that I could not stand the strong chemical scent near my nose. The packaging is good and convenient. The entire Aveeno Ultra-Calming line has the same strong smell. Wish they would make it fragrance-free. I will try Eucerin next.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by tlc88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have always had acne prone skin, but for about a year now I have been experiencing much more severe breakouts so I have been using prescription acne medications. Since my face was so red, dry, and irritated I decided to pick this up after months of debating with myself. It can seem pretty pricey for a drugstore product but I bit the bullet & purchased. It soothed and calmed my EXTREMELY dry skin for sure! It also gave me a glow. My skin is VERY sensitive, however, so I believe the spf ended causing little tiny pimples (which happens when i use any products with spf). However, I will continue to use occasionally and I would completely recommend it if you aren't sensitive to chemical sunscreens!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this when I thought I would change my routine up from my regular cetaphil daily moisturizer SPF 15/ oil of olay daily moisturizer SPF 15. Unfortunately, after using this moisturizer I got cystic acne! It was the only thing I changed in my makeup/ daily routine so I knew this had to be the culprit. I gave it another chance... And again I broke out. Also, I didn't find it to be very moisturizing for my combo/ dry skin.