August 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Hair - Qhemet Biologics Amla Olive Heavy Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a great moisturizer for my type 4 coils. It's expensive, but worth the cost because my hair can get extremely dry. I use this as a styler to style my hair into twists, and as a daily moisturizer. I definitely plan to repurchase once I'm out. Update: it does moisturize my hair for days, but it also makes my scalp itch badly. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by TheTweet68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one product you can believe the hype on. This is a thick, rich cream that makes my hair softer than any product I've used in 2 years of being natural. It only takes a tiny amount to get great results. I've only tried it on clean, dry hair so far. Will be purchasing more products by this brand next week. I paid $21.xx for 8oz jar at a local BSS. I hate the cost but love the results and this will last months the way I use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bottom line is this too heavy for my natural type 4 coils, which is quite disappointing :(. I used it for a twist out and my hair felt greasy and perpetually wet. I did not like the way my twist out looked either, it looked wet as well. Like a jherri curl, not cute! I'm not going to trash it because of the price so I think I'm going to use it as a moisturizer rather than a styling aide. It does leave my hair feeling soft and no scalp build up which is a plus. And the ingredients are top notch. I just don't get why it looked so greasy!! I used very little on each section and my hair is super thick. It gives me okay curl definition. Nothing spectacular. Moderate hold. I just cant get passed the grease factor. I do like the thick custard consistency and other products that are similarly as thick as this work well for me but for some reason my hair doesn't love this :(
**EDIT!**
I JUST WANTED TO COME BACK AND SAY THAT THIS PRODUCT MAKES THE MOST AMAZING FACE/BODY BUTTER EVER!!!! I will say that psychologically, it weirds me out a little bit to use this on my skin because the label say its for hair but oh well mind over matter right? well this is the only thing that remedies my dry skin flakes on my cheeks which had gotten so bad prior to using this that I haven't even been wearing any make-up lately. I found that even loose powder would emphasize my dry flakes. Not any more!! I went on Qhemet's website and it states that this product can be used as a body butter. If you use the tiniest amount it melts away dry skin effortlessly. I am so stoked because I really didn't like this for my hair. I much rather prefer it for my skin so I'm so happy I have found an additional use for it. Been using it this way everyday since :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

They truly have the best products for natural heads, too bad everything was so expensive 3 years ago when I was natural. I'm not sure if the prices have gone down, but if so I'd highly recommend. Also,you can make your own products using natural ingredients, (I did), which would be much more economical and give the same results. Love the idea though. If you can afford it, knock yourself out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by KeshieShimmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It moisturizes well, but the consistency is so thick that it is very hard to spread in my hair. I am transitioning with 4b probably hair. It is quite expensive but to does last a long time.

I like a lighter moisturizer, so I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by witty_mee

I live by this product. I actually ran out of the Amla Olive Heavy Cream over the holidays and thought the world had ended for me. This product works wonders on my kinky 4b 4c type hair. The only minor issue I have with Qhemet is the delivery time. So please if you anticipate using the product on a reg, try to stay stocked up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by cocoachic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. It works great on my natural (extremely dry) hair. You can use it on damp or dry hair. I find that it works well if I wet it and use it to twist my hair at night and in the morning when I untwist, my hair looks healthy and shiny and feels soft. I'm a student so I find it a bit on the expensive side, but I'd rather pay a little bit more for a product that works really well on my hair, then on the cheaper stuff that makes it feel even drier. Every time I see it in the store, I have to buy two!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this is too heavy for my 4a/b fine coils. I bought the sample and it lasted quite some time! In the Houston humidity this is just too much for me. My hair ends up toooo moisturized and I hate that cottony perpetually wet feel it gets. BUT I like this on my scalp. This is my HG scalp 'grease.' The Amla and MSM is wonderful for your scalp!! I just use a teeny teeny drop on my finger and massage it in. If I use too much it's too heavy. I have had itchy scalp for some years and mild eczema and this helps immensely! The Qhemet Burdock Root cream is my favorite daily all-purpose moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by caramelsensation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far its the best hair leave in i have used. It softened my 4a curls without making it oily and sticky, Some people say it keeps their hair soft and moisturized for days without having to use any more just spray on some water and its soft and moist again... it softens my hair awhile but by then end of the day i feel it still needs a little more moisture before i sleep. i just rub in a night treatment and its perfect in the morning. i follow on with the heavy cream in the mornings for that soft and moisturized feel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing, HG, multi-tasking hair moisturizer! I have long, thirsty 3c curly hair. I ordered the amla/ Olive and the burdock root from Qhemet so I could see what everyone was raving about. Well I am certainly impressed and a bit in love I might add. It is true, the amla olive is very heavy but you only need to use a small amount for it to be effective. I find that is is extremely moisturizing and makes my hair look and feel healthy/shiny. Ingredients are delicious and I know this will be a godsend come winter.

ETA 6/18/10: Eventually I found this cream far too heavy for my hair and can only use a tiny bit on my ends. Not enough reason for me to repurchase. The burdock is ok but I now prefer their cocoa tree detangling ghee.