Avon Flavor Savers Lip Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/23/2009 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

You gotta love this lip gloss. I got mine in Strawberry. I am completely in love with it.

My dermatologist put me on Accutane which left my lips dry, cracked and chapped. This lip gloss moisturized my lips so nicely ... they don't appear dry at all ... instead it plumps them up and gives a nice delicate sheen. Tastes great too ;) ;) ;)

Will continue to buy it in the same flavor when I run out of it.

on 11/8/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Standard chapstick packaging. Nothing special.

It does moisturize, and it does give a biiit of tint, but it feels oily on the lips. It also has flavor; I got mine in strawberry, but that flavor reminds me of the topical anesthetic dentists use before giving a Novocaine shot. Not my favorite thing.

on 2/8/2009 6:46:00 PM

Oh my god =) First lip product THAT ACTUALLY moisturizes my lips. Every other chapstick/lipbalm leaves my lips even more chapped & they begin to peel/crack. I love the smell, and the glossy-ness. 2 in 1 =) Can't get better than that, I love this stuff. 5 Stars, a must have, and I'll definitely buy again. <3

on 1/3/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is my first ever purchase from Avon. I always buy strawberry, when that's out of stock then it is cherry. I love how the smell on my lips and of course the taste. I love how it fits into my smallest bag. I love how I can put on regular lipstick on top of it to keep my lips from cracking which usually does when I put on a bad lipstick. I love how you can put it on regular lipstick for that added shine.
I even like how I can use it as a lipstick remover. I haven't tried it as eye make up remover but why wouldn't it work? I guess it would just be icky. I love how it just slides across my lips and how almost instantly my cracked lips would stop stinging from the salt in my saliva or a cold breeze. I also love the price.
I kinda not like how easily it comes off. It also smudges off on to my clothes or my partner's during sweet moments. I also loose the cap in my bag every so often, and because the cap is small, it's difficult to find.

on 6/16/2008 3:56:00 PM

This is a staple. It's cheap, it moisturizes, smells/tastes great. What's there not to love? As for longevity, I don't know, I'm constantly applying. They make special ones for the holidays, then after the holiday they sell them for cheap, that's when I stock up on them. My favorite has been the Jelly Bean one they had a few years ago for Easter.

on 8/23/2007 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is so cheap and works so great! I have it in cherry. It gives a super light pinkish tint and has a light cherry scent. Unlike some reviewers I found it moisturizes really well short and long term.

on 1/27/2007 7:34:00 PM

I own Flavor Savers in Cherry. It smells really great. Like sweet artificial cherry. Natural cherries don't smell so good or so intense. It was moisturizing on me and it has this light reddish-pinkish tint to it. I really like it. I would purchase again.

I guess you get what you pay for. This was on sale for 69 cents (99 cents originally), and I would say it is proportionate to the product quality. It goes on like Chapstick, waxy and not moisturizing at all. Despite its name "flavor savers," there are no flavors at all, except maybe a taste of wax. Though it claims to be a "lipgloss," you get no shine whatsoever. However, you do get a tint of color, not flattering or anything, but still there. On the lighter note, it does smell pretty good (I got the strawberry kind). Oh well, it was only 69 cents.

on 1/23/2006 4:47:00 PM

I agree with the girl that says this is moisturizing at first but wears off and leaves your lips dry, but it's just too pretty to stop using. I got this in cherry so it has a sheer pinky-red tint and a little shine that is just beautiful on my lips. I always use this during the day when my lips are dry since it doesn't matter if it lasts or not. It's pretty so I'll put on more. I'd give this 5 lippies if they made it more moisturizing.

EDIT: grrr i'm throwing this out. i put it on and later my lips are drier than they were before.

The tangerine one smells incredible!, it moisturizers very well too.

Popular Lip Treatments