MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 7/24/2015 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG MLBB! I bought this eye shadow knowing it was one of MAC's best selling shadows, but it just sat in my drawer for months. I didn't really get the hype, it just didn't "do" it for me. Then one day I decided to use ATG with the Urban Decay eye shadow brush instead of my MAC 239 (which is a great brush!), and I fell in love! I found the 239 packed too much product on, causing ATG to look way too frosty. But the Urban Decay brush picks up just enough pigment to add the most beautiful sheeny glow to my lids.

Anyway, if you have eyelids you need this color. It is a gorgeous soft rose-gold color that will look good on just about everyone. But for the people complaining it comes off too orange, I suggest Naked Lunch will be a better match, since it is more pink than orange.

on 7/22/2015 5:50:00 AM

I actually purchased this based on all the great reviews for my makeup kit. It looks a lot warmer in real life than I expected - a light coppery shade. Now usually I steer clear from copper shades as they do not compliment my skin tone however this seems to work so well and contrasts so well against green eyes. The texture is as is the pigmentation and longevity. I often think that MAC eyeshadows can be somewhat overrated however this is definitely worth the hype. I highly recommend and it doesn't contain chunky glitter which is a bonus for me :)

on 7/14/2015 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is such a gorgeous all over lid color. Super blendable & not over the top frosty. Its a great everyday color.

on 6/7/2015 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mac All That Glitters was the first "espensive" eyeshadow that I bought. It was the first actual eyeshadow that I fell in love with. It was was the first eyeshadow that I "hit pan" on. It is a staple in my makeup bag and usually gets patted on my eyes everyday with my finger. It is creamy, sheeny with a beautiful peachy pink hue. It is just lush in every way possible. It is not glittery, its just sheeny. It is also great as a intense highlight on the cheeks! So double use, love that. Seriously, I feel like a lot of people love this shade, especially those who are NC/NW 25 and up to about NC/NW 40. This may look a bit "pink eye" on very pale skin tones, and would definitely look odd on dark skin tones.

My pan is close to finishing but I am definitely going to get another one when this one is finished :)

A MUST HAVE in my makeup routine. This product is awesome. Neutral with a pearlized hue that compliments many skin/eye color and types. Try it.

on 4/14/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

perfect eyeshadow for everyday. it's a cult favorite and for good reason.

on 3/17/2015 9:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

On my pale NW15ish skin, this shadow is a lot more warm than I expected. From the pictures online, I thought it would be a pale champagne colour. But it actually has strong peachy/pink undertones on me. It is beautiful, especially on my green eyes. It makes a lovely lid colour for a subtle daytime look. But I like to pair it with expensive pink (one of my favourite shadows) or satin taupe. This shadow also seems versatile, as it goes with so many different colours and the pinkish undertones are less visible with satin taupe, but more so with expensive pink. This also blends beautifully, has great pigmentation and is generally one of MAC's better shadows. I have the UD Naked 1 and Naked 2, along with a few palettes from Smashbox and Stila. Nothing I own is similar to this, which I really appreciate since MAC singles are expensive.

on 2/18/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

STUNNING. The color/finish reminds me of wet golden sand (with peachy pink undertones). Definitely one of my favorite eye shadows, though there is something SO beautiful and luxurious about it that I almost don't use it enough, like I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. So silly! :) It is THE best in terms of pigmentation and blendability. SOOOO happy I bought the hype! I do think this is different enough from Naked Lunch to justify owning both.

on 2/10/2015 9:57:00 PM

Got free with back 2 mac. love this neutral color. beautiful

on 1/29/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Smooth pigmented and so pretty! It's a warm to neutral medium beige shade with lots of sheen. It's not actually glittery, it's a really unique finish that can be worn day or night.

Top Rated MAC Products