September 23, 2014 | 1620 users online

Skincare - Face - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Ester-C Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by shinyhairstare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product because I heard topical vitamin c has anti-aging benefits. I use it almost every night and I'm at the end of my jar.

I haven't noticed any extreme changes to my wrinkles. It's definitely not one of those creams that you put on and you're like "damn, I look great" and left with instantly smoothed, glowy skin. It might have more long-term benefits, however, because of the vitamin c.

I have sensitive, combination skin and a really thin layer of this works for me when my skin is super dry and other moisturizers are irritating my skin. However, when I first got this stuff I slathered it on every night and it made me break out. Now I just use a little bit around my eyes and mouth and forehead lines after I put my base moisurizer on at night.

The smell is super orangey and strong. It smells a lot like a vitamin c chewable vitamin. Definitely test and smell before you buy if you are sensitive to smell. I really like the packaging (jar) because I feel like I can control how much I use and I can get that last little bit out of the jar.

I got a jar of this for $11 on sale at a health food store. I've been using it for almost a year. I think the normal price is like $20 and I wouldn't spend that much on this stuff, but it is moderately priced for topical vitamin c.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smell? really, how particular can we be here? Do we say smell bothers because we are truly sensitive or just because it's fashionable?
I can recognize that sensitivity to fragance does exist but keep separate from porduct effectiveness.
I used it on my hands and the smell is a bit like orange-remember the name ESTER C? duh! but it wears off, and hands tend to hold smells longer than on face and after you slather your foundation, bb cream, powder, whatever, it is gone
If you don't add some sort of fragance to some products that carry acidic ingredients, it would definitely not sell because then it would really smell rancid.
The product does not list any fragance at all, so it is the combo of the ingredients which give it the smell.
The list of ingredients are all you want-Vit E, panthenol ( Vit B5), bisabolol, hyaluronic acid glycerin ( not mineral oil), aloe vera.
There is no niacin, so if you get a rash, it could be the chamomile, which gives me a rash on my eyes when I have used it in eye creams or it could be due to the acidity in the "C". For example, often you can get a rash with creams that are used for lightning that contain lemon oil (lemone), again an acid. Also potassium can smell bad. Try adding a broken up piece of multivitamin in a glass of orange juice, yes, it will smell bad or an antibiotic

Try in on your hands for the smell. It is not strong at all. As an experiment, I put baby powder on one hand and Coty Airspun powder ( which is fraganced) on the oner hand and smell was gone on both. On the hand with the baby powder, nothing was left.

I have learned some hard lessons. I rely on you heavily on MUA for advice on the product but tend to ignore "smell" reviews -first because it does not address the product, I'm not sensitive to smell and I actually like some pleasant fragance in my products

I don't mind jars, in a way I prefer them, pumps brake easily and sometimes you have to break open to get the last portion. As long as you wash hands, close tight, keep away from dampness or leave stashed forever away, it should not cause bacteria.

As a product-it does not work miracles. I keep looking for the fountain of youth in a jar and just like the fountain, it does not exists-the plastic surgeon may give you that fountain LOL.

It can be expensive, try to get some discount somewhere and worth a try.

I think it's for younger ladies who have yet to develop the signs of life experiences in our faces and just want prevention .

Idon't want to preach at all, but I always have a broken heart when I read people throwing in trash. This and other very expensive and hardly used items.
Put it up to swap, contact directly someone that has had a good experience with the product here and exchange. Product is not wasted, you make some one else on the board happy and you may get something that likewise you wanted to try. A true community!?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by iceymeng

This is very moisturizing. I use it under my makeup during the winter time. The smell is nice too. The packaging is pretty heavy (glass container). No spf is a disadvantage. I got it on iherb.com. Use code XIG796 to get $5 your order.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by anutka28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutelly love this product. I have dry skin and it works wonders for me! I LOVE the smell! It reminds me of old european perfume. This scent is one of the main reasons I enjoy this product. Price is great in comperison to brand name products, which I absolutelly love as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Generally, I love Jason products, but this one is absolutely useless. I haven't seen any anti-aging results and it smells bad and slightly burns my skin. Also, I must have very dry skin because this was not hydrating at all. In fact, when I applied the cream it just sat on my skin and felt kind of tacky.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Paulenska

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Here's the frustrating part....the ORIGINAL version of this same Ester C creme was fantastic....My skin is super sensitive and I never had a problem with it, and it was exactly what I needed re firming up the fine lines etc.
This new creme not only seems VERY diluted, and doesn't do the job, it also gave me a serious rash and thus the jar went flying into trashbin.
Have looked everywhere for the original, it has been discontinued. Major, major disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by howleekorian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yikes! My mother who has sensitive skin recommended this product to me. Note: I have no allergies nor do I have sensitive skin. I put it all over my face and within 2 minutes my face felt hot and I developed a burning rash wherever the lotion had touched. I tried washing it off, but I am sure some of it absorbed so I cannot get rid of the burning feeling. Ugh, I feel awful.

I read previous reviews and this has happened to a handful of others... ~25% of reviewers. Beware!

The lotion also smells like an old person. The smell was almost noxious to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lulu3061

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bummer. I bought this without looking at reviews first because I realized while at the store that my normal moisturizer contains Retinol and since I'm pregnant I can't use it anymore so I just looked for something natural...this is going back.
It smells so, so, so bad. I'm in my first trimester so I understand that everything smells a little off but this is truly terrible. I put it on at night before bed and thought the smell would dissipate but it didn't. I had to get up and wash my face because it was making me sick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This really helps the fine lines, but it broke my face out when I used it all over. I keep using it but only directly on the lines, not all over. The smell is pretty bad but I got use to it within a week or so. I would probably buy it again because it does seem to work, but I might try something different next time. The ingredients seem pretty good. I would not recommend this if you are sensitive to strong scents though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by katia2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Could be good but the smell is way too strong and last forever...I had to put it in the trash - the smell is so bad that I even don't want to use it on my feet.