July 31, 2014 | 1073 users online

Polishes - Orly - Bus Stop Crimson

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

At the suggestion of another MUAlly-er I bought this. I was exceedingly lucky to find this 50% off at my local CVS for just under $4.00 this past summer. I have no clue if this is a color Orly has d/c or if CVS is longer selling the brand. To the product:
Stunning. Stunning. Stunning. I have been on the hunt for a true crimson/maroon that isn't cranberry leaning and isn't prune leaning and is creamy delicious. This is it. This color is has a drop of brown in it but still very flattering. I wear 3 coats and love the glossy opacity of the formula. For reference years ago I ventured into a frosty Orly polish and never returned to the brand b/c I found they never really dried hard or quickly. Clearly that problem has been resolved here.
I'm a peach pink PPP with blond hair and this one is uber chic w/o looking Goth limiting.
If your wanting a creamy, glossy true crimson buy this. On trend for Fall 2013.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful deep crimson red that doesn't pull brown or appear black like many vampy polishes. I'm very impressed with the Orly cream formula, it goes on smoothly and has good coverage with one coat. Two coats and it becomes beautifully opaque with a deep shine. I use Orly Bonder base coat and Poshe top coat with it on my pedicures and it lasts a long time with no chips or dulling. Orly bottles contain 20% more product than other brands and I really like the no slip grip top. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thick, glossy, creamy dark vampy red that blows away all others I own (a zillion Essie reds, some OPI, etc). It isn't quite a jelly yet it has this glowing translucent ruby-like quality. Two coats for even coverage, but 3 is gorgeous dark drama. True love.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kwaniesiam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite red. I had been searching for a nice dark, vampy blood red for ages. One coat gives you a lighter, slightly sheer red, two coats a wonderful dark opaque wine red. I usually do three coats because I want it as dark and opaque as possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by satsumi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Orly Bus Stop Crimson is the red cream I've been hunting for my entire life. Not too orange, not too blue, a flattering dark red that can convey 1940's glamour or timeless chic, depending on what you wear it with. I wore this for my manicure for President Obama's inauguration; I wear it on toes with beige leather wedges for picking up my kids from summer day camp. With hair pulled back, it's the Robert Palmer Simply Irresistible or a Helmut Newton photo. With loose hair, it just looks cheerful.

It takes ages to chip and has a nice gloss.

Then, of course, there's that superior Orly packaging, complete with rubber grip handle and manueverable brush. This is a lifetime keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by purdy501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a dupe for the limited edition Maybelline wet shine vinyl Lacqured Berry shade. This is the closest I've found to matching the color. It's not as shiny as the discontinued Maybelline shade, but a layer of high shine topcoat should remedy that!

I'm a sucker for a just the right shade of red. You know, the perfect shade where you can't stop staring at your own hands. I've found it. It will be my go-to red for summer 2010.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by BohemianSheila

I love this color!! On my skintone it is a gorgeous vampy red - not as dark as the bottle, but not too far off with 3 coats. 1 Coat makes a very pretty vibrant red, 2 coats makes a lovely deep red and three coats makes it a luscious deep, almost vampy red. My skintone is very warm med, yellow undertones with red overtones. I'm sure that makes a difference in how the color reads. Also, I have not noticed any shimmer at all in this - it is completely creme, actually almost a gel rather than a creme because it's kind of translucent but not. Hope that makes sense.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by drenchedinwine

In the bottle this color looks mostly like a very dark red, but on your nails it's a smidge lighter and more maroon....in other words cool purpleish/magenta undertones rather than a true dark red. it's still a pretty color though, but not quite what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only Orly nailpolish. I like the easy smooth application, wearability is nice too. But the color is a disappointment. It is a pretty cool toned red but it's not nearly as dark as is in the bottle. I would say it's about 4-5 shades lighter than the bottle color and this is with 3 coats! *tears* pretty but the color didn't live up to my expectation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by hontapocasgreen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a crimson red color that appears to be a creme in the bottle. To my surpise in sunlight I discovered there is a very subtle random microshimmer in it.

I love the new cap & bottle brush style as it's very easy to manage. The wear time on it was perfect. I normally change polish color once a week, but no cracks in it whatsoever. I would suggest this color for both warm & cool tones. If I ever use it up, I'll repurchase.