October 1, 2014 | 1158 users online

Treatments - Haken Cuticle Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Have always had this as long as I can recall. It's the best IMO for cuticle oils. It smells like almonds and really moisturizes the cuticles well. here is no greasy feeling because the oils sinks right in. This is great stuff and I highly recommend it. I have been using it for 20 years if that helps lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of all the cuticle treatments I've tried this one is most similar to Cnd solar oil (which also is my HG).

I got the vanilla almond scent. I couldn't find it in stores, but found it online. Not sure if it's been discontinued or whether my area just doesn't stock it.

The scent is a little but musty, I can tell its supposed to be almond but its not really a true almond. It grew on me though.

It comes in a nail polish bottle, with a little brush to apply.

I threw out the box but it contained a couple types of oil, sweet almond, canola, grapeseed, I think.

For one week, I applied this to one hand and solar oil to the other, applying usually 2-3 times per day. Overall I found this to be nearly as moisturizing as the solar oil.

I still prefer the solar oil, but if I were on a budget (and could find it for the price the reviewers below got theirs for), it would be a good alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by jillieAB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading about this cuticle oil on many blogs I decided I HAD to try, unfortunately most of the blogs had said they found it on clearance at Sally's Beauty Supply so I had to look hard! This oil used to come in many scents, but the only one I was able to find was Vanilla Almond on Sally's website. The price was decent at $5.99 plus shipping. The bottle is decent sized and easy to apply. I prefer oil over cream so that was a plus for me. The smell is AMAZING, but I did notice one small draw back. After using the oild for a couple days I started to smell an almost...syrup like scent on my nails. Now, I'm not exactly sure if this is from the oil only because I have been experiment with new top coats lately! It is only a tad oily at first but absorbs almost instantly. I LOVE this product and so wish I could get the other scents!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by annitoralba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fairly new in discovering my penchant for nail polishes, and of course i have to be kind to my cuticles as well...my DH got this for me....bless his heart, and i love it....tropical blend is wonderful...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I've been a longtime and faithful user of Sally Hansen's Vitamin E Cuticle Oil. I like it a lot. I picked up Haken Oil in Vanilla Almond while at Sally's one afternoon. I am very glad I did. This oil is wonderful. It smells divine, soothes my dried up cuticles and absorbs fairly quickly without leaving an oily residue. And it's cheap! The bottle is pretty generous considering the inexpensive price. It's like a nail polish bottle with a brush on applictor. The scent doesn't linger and I can see my cuticles are softer. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by AnnetteWright

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought my 3rd one today so I figured I should write my review. I just love the scents, they make me feel good when I use them. I know some people prefer cremes to oils, or oils to cremes...whatever. I just say they work when you use them. My nails/cuticles took a beating this winter, and I'm now back at them 100% with the moisturizing products and within days it's helped. Honestly, this works the same as any other products, it just smells a zillion times better. I love just brushing a tiny bit on also.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Purrceyz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Haken cuticle pil is wonderful. It comes in a wide variety of scents (Vanilla Almond, Strawberry Kiwi, Mango and Tropical). I own the Vanilla Almond. Unlike so many nail products, it smells wonderful!

The ingredients are a blend of natural oils and vitamins A. D & E and it is very moisturizing. Your nails will thank you for using this oil! It comes in a glass bottle with a small brush for applying.

The only drawback that I can think of as it is an oil not a cream, it is not very portable and could be risky to carry in a purse.

It is very reasonable and I buy it at Sally's Beauty Supply for about $5 Canadian (regular price).

Highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

Wow this stuff is great. Honestly I thought all cuticle oils were the same, this stuff proved me wrong. It absorbs in and moisturizes so much better than other oils (solar oil comes to mind) and it's less expensive. I love finding a less expensive product that outperforms it's more expensive counterpart. It makes me think if this was more readily available others would be out of business. I'm not sure where else you can get this, but I got mine at Sally's regularly $3.99 (with the discount card $2.99), on sale for $1.70! This comes in a variety of pleasant scents. I got the China Rain one, which I think smells a little like lavender. This is my new HG cuticle oil. I just wish it was a little more portable, but I won't complain, since I think just using it before I leave the house or before bed is very effective. I agree with the other review, my cuticles are to the point where they look invisible. :) ♥!!

Update 10/2011: I haven't seen the Haken Cuticle oil at Sally's for a while now....discontinued? However, I recently purchased the California Mango Cuticle Oil in the 1oz dropper, which I think out performs this. Granted, the California Mango Cuticle Oil is much more expensive on an ounce to ounce comparison (also found at Sally's). But it is my new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great find at Sally's! I've been using this 1-2 times per day since my hands and nails were so dry from the winter and lotion alone wasn't enough. This will soften up rough cuticles and make them easy to push back.
My nails have been breaking less often, probably because they're not as brittle. This stuff smells great too :) I got the Vanilla Almond scent. This is a must have for manicures for me now! Makes my nails look so much better.

INGREDIENTS: Oils of safflower, apricot kernel, canola, sweet almond, vitamin A & E, essential oils, jojoba.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I found out about this brand thanks to the wonderful gals over at the nail board. This stuff is fantastic! They come in a variety of delish smells (i got the melon one..my favourite!) I totally prefer this over the OPI one i have which smells absolutely foul. And to sweeten the deal the price isn't too bad either (iirc it was about 4-5 dollars at sallys)