November 24, 2014 | 2076 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Butter Shine Lipstick - Cranberry Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by emilee724

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cranberry Cream is my go-to, easy-to-wear neutral red shade when I need a quick pop of color without trying too hard "make it work". A great starter red if you find a lot of reds to be too bright, too intimidating or too garish. I find this shade works for all seasons, and you can also layer this with other colors to bring out either the berry or red shades. Always get compliments on this!

Formula is super moisturizing with a glossy finish. I have tan, olive Asian NC35 skin, and this reads a cool, deep cranberry red with pink undertones without going too far into burgundy/wine territory - so it's still red without being clownish. If you've been a fan of lipgloss and are looking to venture into lipsticks, don't hesitate to try this formula out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by MissyS90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Color:
This is a rare shade of red. This is a shade of red that I love so much, I might just apply it when lounging around the house. This is a shade of red that makes my boyfriend, without fail, remark, "whoa, you look hot" (a high compliment from someone who rarely notices when I switch up anything about my look).

Consistency:
I felt like I was applying some luxurious lip treatment when I put this stuff on. I shy away from most lipsticks because of the drying effect they have on my already prone-to-chapping lips. This product does not dry out your lips or form into weird clumps of saturated color after a day of wearing.

Durability:
I guess you can't have staying power AND moisturization. You will be checking the mirror regularly to make sure you've still got some color. Because this stuff is so moisture-rich, I rub my lips together a lot throughout the day ( like you would after applying lip balm), so the product stays distributed fairly evenly. As a result, when the color does fade, it does so evenly and as gracefully as a lipstick can.

Bottom Line:
The moisturizing formula and jaw-dropping hue make this lipstick's flaws in the durability department highly forgivable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I usually wear light colors on my lips and am not used to red. But this lipstick has changed everything! At night I layer it to get intense deep wine color lips. For day time I usually just dab it a little to get a stain. LOVE LOVE this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ShepherdGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best color ever! This is exactly the deep wine red shade I had been looking for. My one complaint is that the texture is a little too moist. It feels nice and I like sheer lipstick, but I love this color so much I wish it had a little more depth and staying power. I wish Clinique would do this same color in one of their other formulas like their High Impact or "Different" lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jany177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG red lipstick. It's a creamy, rich cranberry red. I love the shine and the fact that, somehow, if applied in a single layer, it looks completely appropriate for daytime -- kind of glossy sheer, but with great color, if that possibly makes sense. Smashing when applied for night wear. I can't imagine who this color would NOT look good on. It's just truly gorgeous. Dreamy texture, rich color payoff, worth the price. It's the best red lipstick I have ever found. Not interested in another.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by 123dawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros: rich shine, rich feel, rich red! - Cons: this is one to try at the counter first, but then reds are a very individual thing, IMHO. This one is a deep red (cranberry yes, but more so), and on fair/medium skin is glam - just enough shine to draw attention, but w/o that l/g look that can be OTT on me. Also, if (like me) you're used to applying l/s straight from the tube (sometimes use a Revlon Erase Pen to just even things out), it'll probably be too much of a good thing (love that creamy texture, though!). I prefer a tapered tip, and this is a round/slant, which is just trickier, especially in a full coverage l/s. Soooo, a brush is a must for this one. If the color works for you, you'll love the texture, the cute tube, the long lasting look, which helps make the price feel more reasonable. Will probably repurchase - unless I finally find that HG red so many of us dream about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this colour. I'm south asian and it really suits my yellow based skintone. The colour is very plummy, juicy and vibrant looking. It glides on with a slightly wet looking lustre. This is my favorite lip product ever, and I have a ton of lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty red, flattering to my warm toned skin, moisturizing, and gives the slightest glossy look to it. I'd buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

This is my HG red lipstick. It is creamy (a Buttershine) but it still stays on relatively well. You definitely need a liner though, I use Benefit's D'finer D'liner which stops any possible bleeding. The color is a gorgeous deep brick red that looks great on me. I can't really pull off the really bright reds so this is a perfect shade. If you want a more matte look just blot it a bit.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

This is a dup of MAC Dubonnet, and Dubonnet stays on longer. So not something I need! It's very pigmented for a Buttershine with no shimmer. A dark brick red.