November 27, 2014 | 1626 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - Pomegranate Noir

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Windkey can I have your bottle if you don't want it lol I love this perfume it's my favourite along with velvet rose & oud just reminds me of Christmas and mulled wine and happy memories. A true beautiful addictive cologne that I will always purchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by leejeanne01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the line's deeper, maybe more masculine scents. But it layers so beautifully with the lighter ones, even with grapefruit or lime basil. I have the body cream and layer one of Jo Malone's colognes over it. Just wonderful.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Fullblownrose1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved the perfume when I srayed it onto my wrist in the department store but when I actually bought bottle of it, it is not the same, not as strong, not much deth to it, slightly soapy initially and barely noticeable on me. My husband hs not realised I am wearing any perfume :O
And within twenty minutes it is comletely gone and undetectable :/

Anyone know if department stores take returns on opened perfumes?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tessture

A dark fruit scent with woody base notes that make it a bit harsh. Thin and not very layered or dense for a scent with this many strong base notes. I'd like it to smell more like it's description and less like a body splash from BBW.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, smokey smell. I normally wear more discrete fragrances (Chanel Allure) & Clarins Eau Dynamisante - but this is a bold and confident perfume.

It has tones of a male aftershave, think its Givency gentleman, they both have patchouli.

V sexy perfume which lasts for hours

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Initially this is a true pomegranate scent, rich with berries and tart red fruits, with the vaguest hint of watermelon (but in a darker way, there's nothing light, refreshing and summery about this watermelon). The smell of ripe fruits comes through without there being anything soft and delicate about it.

This fragrance is bold and strong and, although I can appreciate the depths of this, I wouldn't wear it myself. Would not buy a full size but I will use up my sample size.

From Fragrantica: 'Top notes are raspberry, pomegranate, plum, rhuburb and watermelon; middle notes are lily-of-the-valley, jasmine, rose, pink pepper, clove, olibanum, opoponax and guaiac wood; base notes are virginia cedar, patchouli, musk and amber.'

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

In high school, I really enjoyed fruity scents, but gravitated toward gourmand/spicy orientals in my 20s. Pomegranate Noir does a lovely job of synthesizing my two fragrance loves. The initial spray of this perfume is very lush and definitely opens with the fruit notes. Then the plum and pink pepper notes defer to the patchouli and frankincense, making for a cozy, sensual drydown. I almost get a vetiver note once the fragrance has settled into my skin. I adore this as an evening fragrance; it is very sultry and has enough earthiness to balance out the pomegranate and raspberry.

That said, after working for a fragrance house, I am very aware of synthetics in my perfumes. Unfortunately, this causes Pomegranate Noir to have a very generic BBW quality for me. Synthetics aren't necessarily indicative of poor quality in perfume. In fact, some notes can only be produced synthetically. It's just that after one's nose has been trained to enjoy natural fragrance essences, it is hard to go back. Also, I do not find that this fragrance lasts on my skin. A lovely scent, but not one I could commit to a full bottle of.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to scent for nighttime. It is the perfect blend of fruity and spicy and I find that the spice really lasts on my skin all night.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very unique perfume. I thin you either like it or not. I dont wear it too often as it is expansive and i would rather reserve it for special occassions and more for the evening.

dont be put off by first spray but defo try it before you buy and walk around with it to see if it mixes well with one's body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by TigerLilli007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really can't stomach sweet perfume. Jo M's fragrances are fresh, a little spicy and incensey (?). It's not for everyone but I get compliments on it everyday.