July 28, 2014 | 1624 users online

Treatments (Face) - Merle Norman - Luxiva Fine Line Minimizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this, which I'm glad I did because I was about to fork out $50 after reading all of the glowing reviews here. I wished this worked for me, but sadly, it gave me the worst cystic acne I've ever had. I was using it for off and on for 3 weeks just so I can see results, but each time I used it I would get acne where I put the spot on. I was thinking it was hormonal, but it wasn't. I used it under my eyes and that was fine, but anywhere else is horrible. If you've never used this product, consider getting a sample. Don't buy a full-size yet until you sample it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Sweetie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isocetyl Alcohol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vit. C derivative), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Bisabolol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been trying a few things lately as my skin is changing. I have noticed that I have those horrid wrinkles creeping up around my eyes. I had a sample of this and just bought a travel size just so I could see if it really worked before I plunked down the $50 for it. So far, so good! I am liking the way that the product feels, and I have not broken out or had any clogged pores. I can't wait to see how well it works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been trying out MN products lately and this is a great find. I know its called "fine line minimizer" but this works great as a primer. I use it under the Luxiva foundation and my skin actually stays matte for a fews hours which is a long time for me.The Luxiva foundation is really good for oily skin too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2006 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lawyerlicious

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just replaced my first bottle of Fine Line Minimizer. It lasted me about 8 months. The pump makes it almost impossible to get too much of the product out at once. I use it around my eyes all the time, and all over my face when I want a really smooth look. It works just like the Smashbox foundation primer, but it also has Pro-retinol and vitamin C so it is a treatment product. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupmaven63

Wasn't sure I was going to like this product--thought it was thick and gloppy looking, BUT! The end results are fabulous. I started out using too much but once I learned quantity control I was much happier--a little goes a very long way. I have used Merle Norman my entire adult life. I am now 43 (almost 44) but everyone thinks I am at least 10-15 years younger. LOVE Merle Norman!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2005 9:02:00 AM More reviews by amyl715

While I love how this feels going on my face (almost like velvet!) for some reason I just can't use this. I've tried it about 3 different times and each time my face erupts with these little bumps. They aren't pimples, just these very tiny colorless little bumpies! It's almost like a colorless rash. I've tried just using it around my undereye area, lip and brow areas, but the same thing happened. I really want to love this product, because it felt amazing going on and the smell was good, and if the benefits it touts are true, I WANT this to work for me, but alas, it just doesn't. It really bums be out too because this is the only MN product I've EVER had a problem with. Go figure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Getting old doesn't have to suck with Merle Norman's Fine Line Minimizer!! (do I see a commercial endorsement in my future)?!? Seriously, this product does exactly what it claims and then some. I'm only 32 & have pretty good skin, but I do have a few lines here & there (mostly in the form of crow's feet & a singular, somewhat long line dead-center on my forehead), but I bought this product and noticed a dramatic difference in as little as 3 weeks. This product contains Pro-Retinol & Vit C which smooths out lines & makes skin more radiant. It is, however, somewhat pricey-I paid $41 for a 1 oz bottle (which also has a conveient pump), but is well worth the $$$-a little goes a long way (you can always ask for samples).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No