July 28, 2014 | 2225 users online

Makeup Brushes - Quo - Cleaning Lady Brush Cleaner

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by genevieveeely

This product was a joke. I thought it would be an easy cleanser i could use daily. However, you're supposed to rinse your brushed after using this spray which is such a waste of time because you might as well use baby shampoo. I'm returning it tomorrow and would definitely not recommend this. I shall continue my search for a daily cleanser. A tip for those who want to know about deep cleaning; use extra virgin olive oil and baby shampoo! The evoo will condition the brush and baby shampoo is gentle enough for cleansing without damaging and drying the bristles.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product at 40% off and use it daily on my brushes.

The brushes have to be wet before you use it otherwise it doesn't lather and clean well. This means a nightly wash for my brushes to let them dry.

It works well on eyeshadow and other powdered forms of makeup, including removing the glittery/shimmery bits. It runs into problems with liquid foundation. I tried washing my foundation brush several times with this, and it just glides over the top of the foundation wtihout taking it off. I ended up having to use shampoo to remove the foundation, which seems ridiculous considering it is a brush cleanser.

Disappointed, but at 40% not a bad price for a not great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by RaeKennedy

First off..I do not use this product exactly as it says to. I use this spray to spot clean my brushes after every use, and between colour changes. I spray a baby wash cloth then swipe my brushes back and forth across the damp spot until clear. I do not rinse out my brushes afterwards, nor do I need to wait for them to dry before I use it for another colour pigment/shadow. This spray is for spot cleaning, not deep cleaning your brushes. Do not use it as directed! I wish it was cheaper as I go through alot of it, since i use it everyday, on any/every brush I use. I own every Quo brush there is, and also a few MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First brush cleanser, bought it at 40% off.

I never really considered a brush cleanser. My makeup collection wasn't very extensive and I was okay to use a brush a couple of times before shampoo-ing it. As my makeup collection grew, it became necessary to clean my brushes after each use. I thought it was time to invest in a quick cleaner that I could use between applications to save time.

This was NOT it. You have to rinse the cleaner out of the brushes after you spray them... This defeats the whole purpose of having a cleaner, you might as well use shampoo.

It does remove powder/eye shadow pigment, but it does not work at all to remove cream products or liquid foundation.

The spray bottle is nice and the solution has an inoffensive odor.

I would not repurchase it. It's a waste of time if you have to spray them and rinse them. Again, you might as well just purchase a brush shampoo that will be sure to clean out ALL products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like many of the other ppl I also got this product during Quo's 40% off sale so it was relatively inexpensive. I've never bought a specific brush cleaner before, but I can't say that I'm pleased with the results of this one. Previously I'd been cleaning my brushes with either mild soap or baby shampoo and I have to say that they did a better job.

The SA at the store recommended it to me because at the time I had fairly visible breakouts so she advised me that I might need to clean my brushes more often. She said that I could use this in-between shampooings but she didn't tell me that you are supposed to rise the brushes after using like it said on the package. She told me just to spray it on the brushes and wipe with a tissue. I was a little annoyed that she did told me this because had I been on my own I would have read the packaging and not bought it.

Like other ppl have noted this is totally inconvenient and you may as well just do a real cleaning of them if you are going to have to wait for them to dry anyway. I wouldn't buy it again, but I'll use it up and probably re-use the packaging because I like it and it's always useful to have an extra spray bottle around.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by courtneyseager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does ABSOLUTELY nothing for cleaning makeup off my brushes. complete waste of product.

use baby shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by evange

I got this for 40% off, so I donít really regret buying it, but I would not repurchase.

First off, I bought it thinking that I could spray it on and just wipe my brushes clean with minimal drying time. However, after reading the instructions, I still need to rinse with water. It's no more convenient that just using shampoo like I do normally.

The smell is not bad, it's pretty mild. But I've been having serious de ja vu every time I use it. It reminds me of my dad and growing up in South Africa. I think it must smell like aftershave or mouthwash or something.

The fact that it's in a spray bottle is kind of incontinent (considering how it's supposed to be used). If I try to spray it on a brush most of the "mist" is lost to the sink.

The consistency is like water, and I feel like I have to use a ton of product to permeate my brush. I tried pouring a little bit in a cup and soaking my brushes, the worked okay I guess, however, If I were to continue doing it like that the bottle would only last maybe 10 cleanings.

When I had soaked my brushes, I put my lip brush in with my eyeliner brush. The lip brush wasn't dirty, but because I use it for waxy/greasy things, itís never really clean ether. So I threw it in with my dirty eyeliner brush. I swirled them both around until I felt they'd be clean, and then rinsed. Well, the lip brush is now STAINED BLACK.

One of the reasons I wanted to try a brush cleaner (as opposed to just shampoo), is because Iíve been using estee lauder double wear foundation, which is impossible to clean out of brushes. The only thing that works is lots of scrubbing with shampoo, and then wiping with oil, and then more scrubbing. The quo brush cleaner did NOTHING. It was exactly the same as if I had not cleaned it at all. Even cleaning with just regular soap does a better job!

Long story short, this product is crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only brush cleanser I've tried. So far, it seems to be doing its job - it cleanses the brushes quite fairly well EXCEPT for my concealer brush. I'm guessing it doesn't do good job with thicker products such as concealers with spf, brow wax, etc. I also believe its not conditioning enough. It's $10 for a 175ml bottle at SDM. When I'm done with this, I'm going to try MAC's or Clinique's brush cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Considering how much I love Quo brushes I was disappointed in the cleaning product. Did a horrible job at removing residue and makeup buildup and I ended up having to rewash them with my usual cleanser. Definitely will not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush cleaner only works for powder... If you have cream product on your brush, it will not remove it at all. I also noticed that this cleaner smells pretty bad and irritated my nose. I really like Quo brushes and some of their other products. I think Quo products are very well made however, I'm Not too impressed with this brush cleaner.

This retails for about 11.99 CAD so just save up the money and go buy yourself a MAC brush cleaner which is only like 13 CAD. One dollar difference. I bought mine for 5.99 so I cant really complain about the price but would definitely not buy it ever again.

I wouldnt recommend this product for anyone since it's not much of a cleaner at all, after I use this to wash my brushes I feel like i need to wash it more with baby shampoo or face wash. All in all, that that great, dont get it if you have a choice not to.