August 30, 2014 | 1695 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Naturals Lavender Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like all the suave naturals, this is hypoallergenic, which is partly why I'm so devoted to them. This one has a few added ingredients like panthenol but build-up shouldn't be a huge issue. The fragrance is heavenly when you're in the mood for something sweet. If not, then reach for ocean breeze or apple. The texture is buttery, like the waterfall mist and rainforest versions, and seems to provide a generous amount of moisture. This makes a good shaver too. All the naturals are slightly different, and I'd say this errs on the heavier side. However, my hair remains soft and light all day, even after a clarifying session. There are no silicones or proteins; what you get is a simple, basic, effective conditioning treatment. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by stefyandryan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this conditioner, it smells great and does it's job. It is cheap and easy to find. I do the no poo method and this works great for that along with all the other naturals conditioners they are my HG. I will repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by sheepy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually use more expensive conditoners like Nexxus, Redken, or Biolage, but I was at my mom's house and didn't have any of my regular conditioners with me so she offered me her lavender scented suave conditoner, and I told her that I don't use "that cheap junk". She assured me that I would like it and that it makes her hair so soft, smell good and so on, so I figured since I didn't have anything else I might as well. After I washed my hair it felt rough and dry, but clean, so I added the conditioner and IMMEDIATELY I felt the softness in my hair, almost like cotton or melted butter, it was so slippery and it detangled so easily, the smell was nice too, but the softness was incredible. So to make a long story short, I love this conditoner and will continue to keep it on hand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the lavender color and scent, and it works great as a leave-in for me. I also use it as a regular conditioner and it gives me the perfect amount of moisture without weighing my hair down or leaving any residue. I also add olive oil or coconut oil to it to use as a deep conditioner and it works out wonderfully. My hair looks shiny and feels soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kisslola

My hair is long, fine, a bit dense and wavy and this conditioner worked GREAT for co-washing. I worked in a lot to completely cover my head and gently massaged for about 5 mins and wowowow my hair felt nice (and this is after a week's worth of hair gunk, no 'cones tho). I usually wash with Jason's Natural Biotin Shampoo but even with a sulfate free shampoo my hair still felt too squeaky clean and dry but after using this conditioner my hair just felt nice and balanced. I rinsed well so the scent is very faint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I found a bottle of this conditioner at one of the smaller, local pharmacies. I needed a regular conditioner, as finding a good, inexpensive, effective one has become harder to find @ the d/s for me (the new ones don't work well on my hair: Garnier, Dove, Pantene, the new Suave collection, Alberto, etc). I remember trying the Lavender conditioner years ago before it was discontinued; however, I was abale to find it at this small pharmacy, as they sometimes carry products that have been d/c'd. I checked the ingredient list and the price was great ($2.99 CAD). After using the conditioner, I must say that it does work realy well. While it is more on the runny side and thinner in texture than most other conditioners, it seems to get the job done all the same. I leave the conditioner in my hair for about 2-3 minutes for this reason and it makes my hair soft, shiny , and smooth without weighing it down, drying it out and lleaving it in a greasy state.The scent is very relaxing and fresh, too. I will repurchase the remaining bottles. The only qualm that comes with this product is that it is discontinued (my favorite Suave shampoos and conditioners have all been discontinued) and the Suave collection doesn't do anything for my hair. Overall, this conditioner is great, affordable and effective: 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by sabet

I bought a bottle to CO wash with, and works for that, but the scent is a bit too strong. Nice fragrance, but kind of way too much of it. Also maybe it's my imagination, but the lavender seems to build up on me a bit versus other Suave's. I will be repurchasing in other scents, not this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have thick, long, dry, damaged hair and I disliked this conditioner because it didn't help my hair type. However, I now sport a short hairdo, an inverted bob, similar to Victoria Beckham (my inspiration for getting the haircut).
Since the cut, my hair has totally changed. It's straight, fine-medium textured, and doesn't require much moisture. This conditioner is perfect for me. I think you just need to understand your hair type and what it requires. Before I was better-off using a thick conditioner like pantene. Nowadays, that would just weigh down my hair.
Oh, also I'd like to add that my hair is super voluminous, which I absolutely adore! I think it's partly due to me using a light non-weighing conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by theory_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up as an emergency "oh-no-the-boyfriend-has-no-conditioner" type purchase, but I'm liking it enough that I'll probably end up buying a bottle for myself. The texture is surprisingly thick and creamy - it feels stellar, really, and gives amazing slip. The smell is pleasant enough, though a tiny bit generic; still, I can't see anyone disliking the fragrance. Despite the creaminess my fine hair doesn't feel weighed down afterwards, and it's easy to brush through.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a VERY good conditioner for people on a no-cones kick... it moisturizes the hell out of my hair and its amazing scent lasts all day... so i won't give it less than a 3.

HOWEVER... it broke my scalp out with painful cystic zits. after a couple of weeks of just using baby shampoo and detangler (my fail safes), my scalp cleared up and i decided to try this conditioner again. a couple days later, i got zits on my scalp again. it's weird because i'm not getting any zits on my face (like my temple or high on my forehead), nor am i getting any on my back. i wanted to see if maybe i could just condition the length of my hair and avoid getting any on my scalp... but then i started getting zits on the nape of my neck.

too bad, because i really love the smell and moisturizing properties of this conditioner. guess i'll just have to stick with their coconut conditioner when i go on another no-cones, cheapie kick. :(