November 29, 2014 | 1137 users online

Skincare - Face - Trilogy - Rosehip Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rosehip oil is one of the oils (jojoba is another culprit) that broke me out (small whiteheads). I was very disappointed because I read a lot about how wonderful it was. I am still using it though but on old or new acne scars. I put a drop on my finger and dab it in small amounts (with my other finger) on my acne scars. A lot remains after that and I use it on an old scar I have on my arm. I've just started this process a few days ago so I still need to wait for the results. The good news is that it is not breaking me out anymore. And I am happy I can still benefit from it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mluckyg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin type is normal sensitive and acne prone.
Trilogy Rosehip Oil broke me out and I had a large pimple two days after application.
I stopped using it immediately.
Then I tried another rosehip oil brand.
Sukin Rosehip Oil gave me skin pinkish colour bumps on my cheek plus my whole face was drying only two days after application. I stopped using it immediately and the pink bumps had reduced some. Four days later the pink bumps almost completely gone and the drying skin is peeling off. I think I will use this oil 2 times a week to avoid above problems.
This oil reduces acne scars/marks.
So be careful and monitor your face closely when using this oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by leela123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil is non-greasy, light weight and absorbs right away. However, as I have oily and dehydrated skin, I still need a moisturiser, so I mix one drop of this oil with my oil-free moisturiser. I also use this oil alone on top of my tretinoin gel at night.

Since adding this oil, about a month ago, my skin has improved so much. Before, my skin was oily yet dehydrated, some parts flaky and I had alot of clogged pores on my forehead and sides of my face. I was confused because I had been using tretinoin for several months, and altho my acne did improve, I still had many clogged pores.
I figured that it must be due to my skincare routine being oil-free. So, I decided to try rosehip oil and I am so glad I did. It is the first oil I tried and so far its great!

Now, my skin is much smoother, with much less clogged pores (altho I still have some). It also softer, more plump, and doesnt feel dehydrated. It has also reduced my redness and might have helped with scars.

This is definitely suitable for all skin types. I was hesitate to try it at first because some said that it caused more pimples. But, I guess you never until you try since everyone's skin is different. If it doesnt work, you can always use it somewhere else like on scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

With all the hype surrounding rosehip oil, you would think it was a miracle product. Turns out, it pretty much is. It helps hyperpigmentation left by acne marks, but it takes a long time to fix that. I am seeing progress already, but do not use it on acne. It is not made for that. Rosehip oil is the best thing out there to eliminate acne scars, not acne.

Also, I havent gone out of the house without foundation at all in 2014, and after using this I was brave enough to go bare-faced. This product is small but is magic.

I use 4-5 drops and rub it all over my face after cleansing and toning. I used to leave it on as a moisturizer but found that it makes my skin extremely rough. So I started putting on my normal Cetaphil moisturizer around 10-15 minutes after using rosehip oil (to let it sink in) and my face is now smooth as a baby's bum!

I suggest everyone to try this. Even if you don't see major improvements, you'll see minor ones. It's rich and potent.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Skincaregalore

Ok.with all the good reviews about this product(rosehip oil) I was definitely put in the hype of purchasing it.I was naive and really expected me to get same results everyone was getting so I used it for a lengthy time after realising it was causing me the small little pimples that didn't disappear but did help a bit with pigmentation problem and did help with balancing my oily tzone this oil is not for everybody monitor skin closely.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by amoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This rosehip oil is wonderful. I use a drop morning and night under my moisturiser and definitely notice the difference if I stop using it. I have tried other moisturising oils but always go back to using Trilogy rosehip.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by bridgetcowles

I have allergy-induced eczema caused by my family dog and after visiting home for a week my face has flared up. Since I can't use steroid creams on my face I decided to try rosehip oil as I read about its moisturising properties. I can honestly say that it made a dramatic difference overnight. My skin wasn't tight, itchy or flaking like it usually is in the morning and after a week my face is completely back to normal.

Even thought I initially used it to treat my eczema, I've been using it for about a month now and my skin has never looked healthier, I have even thrown away my Nivea night cream that I've been using for years and use this on my face every night.

I'd definitely recommend this to others who suffer eczema on delicate areas but make sure you test a small patch before you use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Pinkaroma

My skin was feeling rough and quite dry due to my cleansing products, but this oil is amazing!! It has made my skin feel so soft even after cleansing to get my makeup off.

I mix it in with my moisturizer and wear it at night- you'll see results right away.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by lowisslaine

I was hoping that one bad review i came across during all my research on this "holy grail" product wouldnt apply to me. Unfortunately it did - and in a major way. Ive never had break out problems with my skin, not even going through puberty so i was shocked when a week or two later I started getting little red pimples dispersed on and around my face. (and I used it properly, only applying after freshly cleansed skin. I used St Ives scrub, and then a QV cleanser that is safe for sensitive skin). The main reasons i bought this product was for the anti-ageing benefits and treating some dry skin and other problem areas like light scars, etc. I wanted that dewy glow. Something that was natural with no harsh chemicals. Instead its made my face red, patchy, pimply and oily. And it feels awfully heavy and sticky under makeup.

It doesnt absorb quickly into the skin like it claimed to. So instead of using it twice daily: once in the morning and once at night, i could only use it before bed with some night cream. I found that it didnt moisturize my skin at all after it had absorbed.

Im so sad it didnt work on me. I talked it up and made my bf start on it too. It happened to him aswell. His face is actually worse than mine now and is the reason why I chose to write this review.

On the positive side, the packaging is not flimsy. The oil itself does not have any distinctive odours like i have read in another review. If you want to try it, i recommend buying the smaller bottle first. I made the mistake of being overly confident and wasting money on the larger bottle. Goodluck!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by emeraldjpg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me, my skin is bad. I regularly get pimples and blackheads and buildup on my nose which is hard to get rid of. I have dark spots/acne scars all along my cheeks, chin, between my nose and upper lip and forehead.

At first, I didn't really care about them up until now and that's when I started getting really insecure about it. It was on my face - the first thing a person notices about another person - and I had no idea how to get rid of them.

So I googled some stuff and found out about this product. I was wary about it at first because my skin usually reacts badly to oil but I just purchased it anyway. I used it on a little spot at first but then I decided to just go all out and use it all over my face.

And that was the best thing I have ever done in my life. This product turned my skin from dull, dry, flakey and lifeless to soft, dewy, glowy and moisturized. I've had it for seven days and I've noticed a huge difference. I know it's going to take a while for the scarring to start to disappear but I feel so much more confident without make up now. I use it morning and night - as a moisturizer - and it's like magic.

Everyone's skin is different but I recommend this product, even just to try. It's affordable and easy to use. I am in love with this product. Definitely will buy again when I run out.