Trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

on 7/26/2015 9:54:00 AM

My Holy Grail oil for dark spots.
I have an acne prone, combo oily skin. But since I have moved to Australia, it turned into a little bit and sensitive one. Whenever I have blemishes, they leave really dark spots on my skin. However, after I use this oil treatment, the dark spot fade out quickly.
A tip of my application is just take 1 drop on my finger, tap that finger on the dark area, do not spread the product on other areas cause if my skin is still broken, it can make thing turn into badly situation

on 6/1/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Trilogy Rosehip was my first foray into oils at the tail end of my acne prone days. At first I was sure it was breaking me out so I stopped use and the breakouts persisted, so I kept at it and found that the oil was really helping with sebum control as well as hydration, leaving more balanced skin. Although it isn't a quick fix for acne, it feels soothing, smoothes skin texture and with continued use helps fade red hyperpigmentation. I wouldn't say it is particularly brightening though, which means it's less effective for things like sun damage and melasma, which are the issues I'm targeting now that my breakouts are under control.

I used 2-3 drops directly on face between cleansing and moisturiser at night, as well as a couple of drops mixed into my moisturiser in the morning on days when I was battling rough skin and flakiness. I now have dry skin starting to develop fine lines, so I use a combination of oils to target these different needs but do include Rosehip in some moisturiser/treatment blends. I'd probably use it less sparingly if it was cheaper! Trilogy Rosehip is the 'gateway' product that started my love of oils and I will continue to recommended it people of all ages, especially those with oily, combo, or acne prone skin.

on 5/29/2015 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff my skin is so sensitive and always red but my skin loves the trilogy rose hip oil but expensive but would love to buy again.

on 5/19/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My one true oil love! Tried so many oils before, but all of them made me break out horribly. This is seriously the only oil I have ever tried that doesn't break me out. I used this nightly and not only does it help with acne, but also acne marks and hyperpigmentation. I will buy again and again! So glad I bought this, the only downside is the price which is kinda annoying. But hey, if it's going to give me perfect, glowy skin I guess it's worth it!

on 4/29/2015 11:31:00 AM

I'd heard a lot of good things about this product before I had tried it. I was initially looking to try the Fushi one but that is ALWAYS out of stock! I was reluctant to purchase this as it is very expensive for what you get. But I decided to give this a go. I bought the 20ml bottle first and I saw results pretty fast. It has smoothed out the texture of my skin and has helped to get rid of acne scars.

I love the packaging and the fact that it comes with a little dropper. I think that this is good at getting out an exact amount of product.

I use this at night, after cleansing, toning and using my moisturiser. I know that a lot of people use this before they moisturise but I find that it is quite heavy and my moisturiser won't work as well.

I have bought some backups but the Fushi one has also recently come back in stock so I have ordered that too. I am hoping that it is just as efficient as you get 5x as much product for cheaper.

on 4/27/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! I have very oily, acne-prone skin so I was very skeptical about purchasing this product at first, especially as I have tried Pure Argan Oil in the past which made be break out horribly, and also completely put me off applying oils directly onto my skin. To be honest, I had never heard about Trilogy or Rosehip Oil, until I first read about this product on the Vogue website, and what attracted me the most is when they mentioned that the beautiful Kate Middleton uses Rosehip Oil (what would possibly be more persuading?!). After reading many reviews, I thought I would give this a try and I am so glad I did! I add one drop of this with my Estee Lauder moisturiser in the morning, and 2-3 drops at night around 10/15 minutes after using the Estee Lauder Advaned Night Repair serum. It's only been a week since I have started using this oil, and I have already noticed that my acne marks are reducing, my skin tone is looking more even with a lovely dewy glow! For the quantity of the product, it is well worth the price as you only need a couple of drops, and the fact that it is an organic product packed with lots of vitamins and antioxidants. Will defiantly be purchasing this product again!

on 4/6/2015 2:21:00 PM

Oh man. I've been slathering my face with this for about a month and I've never had better skin. I use it both am and pm, a couple drops mixed in with my regular creams. A little more oil at night. It can be a little drying (and I have oily skin) but mixing with other products remedies that beautifully.

Results: clear, even, glowy skin with reduced past dark acne scarring and redness. No pore clogging or breakouts whatsoever. Oil production is in major balance, I rarely have to powder or blot anymore. My skin is moist, plump, and did I mention the glow?!! Seriously -- it radiates health even through heavy foundation (which I don't need anymore, but still).

I see no cons. I picked up my Trilogy oil for about $22 on sale at Whole Foods. You can find good quality rosehip oil for decent prices online if you think this brand is overpriced. I've replaced my Badger Damascus rose oil with this -- that's a great, affordable product that contains rosehip oil, and is more moisturizing on its own, but I've found that undiluted rosehip is where it's at re: results. Couldn't be happier with a product! xoxo

on 4/6/2015 1:06:00 PM

*btw I have (almost-very) oily skin*

Pros:
- absorbs into skin better compared to other oils
- I use it every night (as my moisturiser) and wake up with lesser oil (not completely no oil at all, but definitely way lesser)
- helps with my acne and scars (whiteheads and scars appear to decrease slowly)
- try and only use 1-2 drops for this. a third drop does make a difference as I feel that it just sits on my skin after the first 2 drops
- I also rub my hands and generate heat and just pat the oil into my face (and LIGHTLY rub it in)

Cons:
- even tho this absorbs into the skin, there sometimes still is a layer left and does not work with makeup on top at all. tried it and my foundation completely disintegrated on my face

I find that after reading so many reviews on rosehip oil brands, trilogy seems to be the only one with trusty reviews and has 100% rosehip oil in it, thats why I bought it LOL (so definitely do your research first!) I've seen other brands that include other ingredients in the oil, so do take note.

Oily and acne-prone people, definitely do try this!! I would actually call this my holy grail haha

on 3/24/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have dumped my Kiehl's clearly corrective serum as it has stopped "working" in terms of brightening my skin after the 1st bottle. I have now moved onto this serum on attempt to get rid of my hyperpigmentation. I only use this in the night time all over my face, after a good cleanse, and on damp skin so it absorbs better and doesn't clog up pores. I then lather on my normal moisturiser. I suffer from the occasional perioral dermatitis so I also use this around the affected areas in the morning as oppose to my normal moisturer which erupts the problem if I use it in that area (around my mouth) because of the fruit acids, as oppose to the rosehip oil which soothes my PD. I don't use this on my forehead as my forehead can get pretty oily! And if I use this it would just make it worse i.e. Give me tiny acne bumps. But overall it is fulfilling its job in reducing my hyperpigmentation! Thank God! Let's hope it continues to! :D

The packaging, however, I don't like because of the "squeezer", I am not a fan of the end of that glass squeezing tube, it has a slight curve to it and it's hard to control the amount you want to come out of it because the oil seems to come out even without squeezing it (pretty annoying)

Anyway, overall 4 stars! Feels nice, does its job but slightly pore clogging.

on 3/18/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have oily skin that is prone to acne and I use this to add moisture to my skin. I use this first thing in the morning and leave it on for half an hour before I wash my face. If I leave it on for over an hour I tend to break out. It is an amazing product for reducing acne scarring and making your skin glow.

Popular Face Skincare Products