January 27, 2015 | 1464 users online

Skincare - Face - Trilogy - Rosehip Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Scx

On my third bottle of this already. Found it almost two year back when I was still on the search for a good moisturizer(one of the hardest thing to do for my skin). You'll wake up with plumped and healthy skin. As you use it over time, you'll realize that your oily skin(if you have), will be balanced out. No more mad oily nose when you wake! I have scars left behind from teenage acne, those faded away with months of use. if you have any scars from rashes on your body etc, this could work to lighten them too. Results will take time but it's all worth it. Plus points for it being organic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 12:23:00 AM More reviews by NPinata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product. it really saved y skin after i had a massive breakout of acne.

I started using this once a day and it really calmed and settled my dry skin after using Roaccutane.

It slowly reduced my acne scars over a 1 year period so it isn't a fast worker. My acne scars did not dissappear completely though but was reduced significantly.

It does not leave my skin greasy, i usually use it before bed and it feels wonderful on my skin. Some days i combine it with my night cream to add extra hydration. My skin felt a lot softer after using this product.

My own issue is that it tends to solidify around the top area after a few months. I only use about a 2-3 drops and therefore it lasts a long time however by the end of 3 months there is solidified parts around the opening which is a little gross.

I would recommend this be used as soon as the scar is healed/ dried enough. It tends to work better on fresh scars rather than old scars.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2015 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MariaBraun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried most of the popular brands of rosehip oil including A'kin Sukin Pai Kosmea and some other independent organic brands. The success of Trilogy rosehip oil and its worldwide following is a testimony to what good marketing can do. This is an OK product. It is not ultimately bad but very average and quite frankly for me it can't hold a candle to most other brands. It is very light in colour which suggests the level of antioxidants is not high. Its smell is not particularly strong either (good rosehip oils are well known for their very distinctive strong smell). Worth trying for anyone wondering what the hype is all about but there is nothing special about this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2015 1:18:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had big hopes for this oil and really wanted to love it. I liked the idea of using a 100% 1 ingredient 'moisturiser' on my skin. My aims was to have it moisturise my skin deeply, even out skin tone and fade acne scars quicker. Funnily enough, I never actually used it on my chin (where my scars are) because I have been breaking out on my this area and was afraid of using this near active breakouts.

Anyway, what I noticed immediately when opening the bottle was the smell. It smelled like fish to me. I have cooked fish for many years, in fact I love it, but smelling like fish... well... nobody wants that. Maybe it smells different to other people.

Despite not liking the smell, I was determined to have rose hip oil working for me. I used it every other night (was using Liquid Gold on alternate nights) with no additional moisturiser- only eye cream. I also tried it under makeup instead of a moisturiser.

Used as above, the product made my face appear brighter and supple initially... However, I also developed tiny bumps and my skin became quite dehydrated. I cannot be certain if this is to blame for the dehydration. Even because Liquid Gold felt harsh and I could feel my skin parched the morning after using it. It could even be the case that my skin needed the moisturiser that I wasn't using. Maybe rose hip oil did not provide enough moisture.

So then I tried using two drops mixed with my face cream every night for a few days (I was no longer using Liquid Gold). It felt nice to use but my bumps were still there and I also had developed quite a bit of blackheads and tiny white heads so I was ready to give this oil a break, just in case.

So after over a month of use, my skin did not improved. I also could no longer see the brightening effect. I am not blaming this product for the negative effects. It could have well been the Liquid Gold. What I can say is that I am reluctant to give it another try. I might do and will update if I do. Either way, I think this product is very slow to work and would need months and months of consistent use to provide results. So overall, I am underwhelmed and think this is not as good as I thought. I probably works better for people who can use a lot of it without breaking out (dry non acne prone skins) and therefore have quicker results.

P.S- Used around the eye area gave me extremely puffy eyes and a breakout. Yes, it was a breakout, not milia. I am familiar with milia, and have had it due to using badly formulated eye creams. The good part is that the breakout was small and went away quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 8:28:00 PM More reviews by mellykate16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this stuff! At first I was a bit hesitant to purchase it because of the price for the tiny bottle and because I was unsure about putting oil on my face/body. So glad I purchased it though!! At first I started putting it on my boobs as I had old white stretch marks on them. Didn't notice a difference at first, but 2 and a bit months on and they have definitely faded! Really happy about this because the stretch marks were really visible :( I read somewhere online from a beauty guru that she put this on her face before moisturiser before she went to bed. Thought I would give it a try. My skin has never been better! I just use the oil because I didn't want to over load my face with products. I hardly breakout now AND my face is not red when I wake up! I'm so so so happy and will continue to repurchase :) Sorry for the long review but it's definitely worth checking out :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

I've been using this for nearly three months now and it's apart of my skincare routine. I used to use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair but I never really noticed any difference with that, perhaps I'm too young or something, so I thought I would try this for a change. I have minor acne scarring from when I was 18 but I more or less tried this because of the claims of it being good at improving your overall skin texture and quality. I honestly don't know if it's done anything major, but I have noticed my scars fading. I love to cleanse with my Clarisonic and facial cleanser and follow up by three drops of this - one for my forehead and each cheek. I rub it all in gently and then proceed with my moisturizer. My skin feels sooo good and plump. When I wake up in the morning my skin is super soft and looks nice and smooth. I love the smell and I haven't had any breakouts or ill-effects in my three months using it so I'll carry on!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rosehip oil is one of the oils (jojoba is another culprit) that broke me out (small whiteheads). I was very disappointed because I read a lot about how wonderful it was. I am still using it though but on old or new acne scars. I put a drop on my finger and dab it in small amounts (with my other finger) on my acne scars. A lot remains after that and I use it on an old scar I have on my arm. I've just started this process a few days ago so I still need to wait for the results. The good news is that it is not breaking me out anymore. And I am happy I can still benefit from it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by mluckyg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin type is normal sensitive and acne prone.
Trilogy Rosehip Oil broke me out and I had a large pimple two days after application.
I stopped using it immediately.
Then I tried another rosehip oil brand.
Sukin Rosehip Oil gave me skin pinkish colour bumps on my cheek plus my whole face was drying only two days after application. I stopped using it immediately and the pink bumps had reduced some. Four days later the pink bumps almost completely gone and the drying skin is peeling off. I think I will use this oil 2 times a week to avoid above problems.
This oil reduces acne scars/marks.
So be careful and monitor your face closely when using this oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by leela123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil is non-greasy, light weight and absorbs right away. However, as I have oily and dehydrated skin, I still need a moisturiser, so I mix one drop of this oil with my oil-free moisturiser. I also use this oil alone on top of my tretinoin gel at night.

Since adding this oil, about a month ago, my skin has improved so much. Before, my skin was oily yet dehydrated, some parts flaky and I had alot of clogged pores on my forehead and sides of my face. I was confused because I had been using tretinoin for several months, and altho my acne did improve, I still had many clogged pores.
I figured that it must be due to my skincare routine being oil-free. So, I decided to try rosehip oil and I am so glad I did. It is the first oil I tried and so far its great!

Now, my skin is much smoother, with much less clogged pores (altho I still have some). It also softer, more plump, and doesnt feel dehydrated. It has also reduced my redness and might have helped with scars.

This is definitely suitable for all skin types. I was hesitate to try it at first because some said that it caused more pimples. But, I guess you never until you try since everyone's skin is different. If it doesnt work, you can always use it somewhere else like on scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

With all the hype surrounding rosehip oil, you would think it was a miracle product. Turns out, it pretty much is. It helps hyperpigmentation left by acne marks, but it takes a long time to fix that. I am seeing progress already, but do not use it on acne. It is not made for that. Rosehip oil is the best thing out there to eliminate acne scars, not acne.

Also, I havent gone out of the house without foundation at all in 2014, and after using this I was brave enough to go bare-faced. This product is small but is magic.

I use 4-5 drops and rub it all over my face after cleansing and toning. I used to leave it on as a moisturizer but found that it makes my skin extremely rough. So I started putting on my normal Cetaphil moisturizer around 10-15 minutes after using rosehip oil (to let it sink in) and my face is now smooth as a baby's bum!

I suggest everyone to try this. Even if you don't see major improvements, you'll see minor ones. It's rich and potent.