Trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

on 5/19/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My one true oil love! Tried so many oils before, but all of them made me break out horribly. This is seriously the only oil I have ever tried that doesn't break me out. I used this nightly and not only does it help with acne, but also acne marks and hyperpigmentation. I will buy again and again! So glad I bought this, the only downside is the price which is kinda annoying. But hey, if it's going to give me perfect, glowy skin I guess it's worth it!

on 4/29/2015 11:31:00 AM

I'd heard a lot of good things about this product before I had tried it. I was initially looking to try the Fushi one but that is ALWAYS out of stock! I was reluctant to purchase this as it is very expensive for what you get. But I decided to give this a go. I bought the 20ml bottle first and I saw results pretty fast. It has smoothed out the texture of my skin and has helped to get rid of acne scars.

I love the packaging and the fact that it comes with a little dropper. I think that this is good at getting out an exact amount of product.

I use this at night, after cleansing, toning and using my moisturiser. I know that a lot of people use this before they moisturise but I find that it is quite heavy and my moisturiser won't work as well.

I have bought some backups but the Fushi one has also recently come back in stock so I have ordered that too. I am hoping that it is just as efficient as you get 5x as much product for cheaper.

on 4/27/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! I have very oily, acne-prone skin so I was very skeptical about purchasing this product at first, especially as I have tried Pure Argan Oil in the past which made be break out horribly, and also completely put me off applying oils directly onto my skin. To be honest, I had never heard about Trilogy or Rosehip Oil, until I first read about this product on the Vogue website, and what attracted me the most is when they mentioned that the beautiful Kate Middleton uses Rosehip Oil (what would possibly be more persuading?!). After reading many reviews, I thought I would give this a try and I am so glad I did! I add one drop of this with my Estee Lauder moisturiser in the morning, and 2-3 drops at night around 10/15 minutes after using the Estee Lauder Advaned Night Repair serum. It's only been a week since I have started using this oil, and I have already noticed that my acne marks are reducing, my skin tone is looking more even with a lovely dewy glow! For the quantity of the product, it is well worth the price as you only need a couple of drops, and the fact that it is an organic product packed with lots of vitamins and antioxidants. Will defiantly be purchasing this product again!

on 4/6/2015 2:21:00 PM

Oh man. I've been slathering my face with this for about a month and I've never had better skin. I use it both am and pm, a couple drops mixed in with my regular creams. A little more oil at night. It can be a little drying (and I have oily skin) but mixing with other products remedies that beautifully.

Results: clear, even, glowy skin with reduced past dark acne scarring and redness. No pore clogging or breakouts whatsoever. Oil production is in major balance, I rarely have to powder or blot anymore. My skin is moist, plump, and did I mention the glow?!! Seriously -- it radiates health even through heavy foundation (which I don't need anymore, but still).

I see no cons. I picked up my Trilogy oil for about $22 on sale at Whole Foods. You can find good quality rosehip oil for decent prices online if you think this brand is overpriced. I've replaced my Badger Damascus rose oil with this -- that's a great, affordable product that contains rosehip oil, and is more moisturizing on its own, but I've found that undiluted rosehip is where it's at re: results. Couldn't be happier with a product! xoxo

on 4/6/2015 1:06:00 PM

*btw I have (almost-very) oily skin*

Pros:
- absorbs into skin better compared to other oils
- I use it every night (as my moisturiser) and wake up with lesser oil (not completely no oil at all, but definitely way lesser)
- helps with my acne and scars (whiteheads and scars appear to decrease slowly)
- try and only use 1-2 drops for this. a third drop does make a difference as I feel that it just sits on my skin after the first 2 drops
- I also rub my hands and generate heat and just pat the oil into my face (and LIGHTLY rub it in)

Cons:
- even tho this absorbs into the skin, there sometimes still is a layer left and does not work with makeup on top at all. tried it and my foundation completely disintegrated on my face

I find that after reading so many reviews on rosehip oil brands, trilogy seems to be the only one with trusty reviews and has 100% rosehip oil in it, thats why I bought it LOL (so definitely do your research first!) I've seen other brands that include other ingredients in the oil, so do take note.

Oily and acne-prone people, definitely do try this!! I would actually call this my holy grail haha

on 3/24/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have dumped my Kiehl's clearly corrective serum as it has stopped "working" in terms of brightening my skin after the 1st bottle. I have now moved onto this serum on attempt to get rid of my hyperpigmentation. I only use this in the night time all over my face, after a good cleanse, and on damp skin so it absorbs better and doesn't clog up pores. I then lather on my normal moisturiser. I suffer from the occasional perioral dermatitis so I also use this around the affected areas in the morning as oppose to my normal moisturer which erupts the problem if I use it in that area (around my mouth) because of the fruit acids, as oppose to the rosehip oil which soothes my PD. I don't use this on my forehead as my forehead can get pretty oily! And if I use this it would just make it worse i.e. Give me tiny acne bumps. But overall it is fulfilling its job in reducing my hyperpigmentation! Thank God! Let's hope it continues to! :D

The packaging, however, I don't like because of the "squeezer", I am not a fan of the end of that glass squeezing tube, it has a slight curve to it and it's hard to control the amount you want to come out of it because the oil seems to come out even without squeezing it (pretty annoying)

Anyway, overall 4 stars! Feels nice, does its job but slightly pore clogging.

on 3/18/2015 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have oily skin that is prone to acne and I use this to add moisture to my skin. I use this first thing in the morning and leave it on for half an hour before I wash my face. If I leave it on for over an hour I tend to break out. It is an amazing product for reducing acne scarring and making your skin glow.

on 2/25/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I've been wanting to move to a more natural skincare routine so I did my research and bought this based on the glowing reviews.

About me: 30, non-sensitive skin, very minimal acne, no wrinkles, some sun spots, medium colouring (Indian)

How I used it: at night, cleansed face, 3 drops mixed with steam cream

Results: persistent whitehead breakouts, red spot breakouts, and finally face swelling and red rash on most of face and hands. Obviously I've stopped using it. Till I had the full reaction I had thought it may be linked to my change in Hormonal BC or something else but now I know it's the oil.

Unfortunately I'm one of the few who is allergic to this product and needs to stop using it. Be a bit wary when using this, if it makes you break out over and over consider that it isn't 'purging' but rather phase 1 of a full on body rejection of this product. Shame, I think it's probably good stuff, going to give it to my Mum and see if she has a better reaction.

on 2/11/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is amazing, worked fantastically on my scars, evened my skin tone, and left an incredible glow. It's quite expensive, but you won't regret it.

on 1/31/2015 7:37:00 AM

I have only been using this for a few days, so I will update after a few weeks. Also, I'm just using a standard bottle of rosehip oil, not trilogy. This is non greasy and sinks into the skin immediately. It unclogged my pores, cleared the redness and little bumps on my cheeks and make my skin smooth soft and hydrated after the first us. Also, my skin isn't oily in the morning anymore after using this instead of my regular moisturise. Provided that this continues to work, it will probably become a hg.

Update: This product has continued to work for me. But I have noticed that it's not as moisturising as my regular moisturiser so I have begun using them together, which works wonders. Also, an old acne scar has faded considerably since using this. I will repurchase this when it runs out.

Popular Face Skincare Products