Trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

on 2/25/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I've been wanting to move to a more natural skincare routine so I did my research and bought this based on the glowing reviews.

About me: 30, non-sensitive skin, very minimal acne, no wrinkles, some sun spots, medium colouring (Indian)

How I used it: at night, cleansed face, 3 drops mixed with steam cream

Results: persistent whitehead breakouts, red spot breakouts, and finally face swelling and red rash on most of face and hands. Obviously I've stopped using it. Till I had the full reaction I had thought it may be linked to my change in Hormonal BC or something else but now I know it's the oil.

Unfortunately I'm one of the few who is allergic to this product and needs to stop using it. Be a bit wary when using this, if it makes you break out over and over consider that it isn't 'purging' but rather phase 1 of a full on body rejection of this product. Shame, I think it's probably good stuff, going to give it to my Mum and see if she has a better reaction.

on 2/11/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is amazing, worked fantastically on my scars, evened my skin tone, and left an incredible glow. It's quite expensive, but you won't regret it.

on 1/31/2015 7:37:00 AM

I have only been using this for a few days, so I will update after a few weeks. Also, I'm just using a standard bottle of rosehip oil, not trilogy. This is non greasy and sinks into the skin immediately. It unclogged my pores, cleared the redness and little bumps on my cheeks and make my skin smooth soft and hydrated after the first us. Also, my skin isn't oily in the morning anymore after using this instead of my regular moisturise. Provided that this continues to work, it will probably become a hg.

Update: This product has continued to work for me. But I have noticed that it's not as moisturising as my regular moisturiser so I have begun using them together, which works wonders. Also, an old acne scars I had has faded considerably. I will repurchase this when it runs out.

on 1/24/2015 2:12:00 PM

On my third bottle of this already. Found it almost two year back when I was still on the search for a good moisturizer(one of the hardest thing to do for my skin). You'll wake up with plumped and healthy skin. As you use it over time, you'll realize that your oily skin(if you have), will be balanced out. No more mad oily nose when you wake! I have scars left behind from teenage acne, those faded away with months of use. if you have any scars from rashes on your body etc, this could work to lighten them too. Results will take time but it's all worth it. Plus points for it being organic.

on 1/14/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. it really saved y skin after i had a massive breakout of acne.

I started using this once a day and it really calmed and settled my dry skin after using Roaccutane.

It slowly reduced my acne scars over a 1 year period so it isn't a fast worker. My acne scars did not dissappear completely though but was reduced significantly.

It does not leave my skin greasy, i usually use it before bed and it feels wonderful on my skin. Some days i combine it with my night cream to add extra hydration. My skin felt a lot softer after using this product.

My own issue is that it tends to solidify around the top area after a few months. I only use about a 2-3 drops and therefore it lasts a long time however by the end of 3 months there is solidified parts around the opening which is a little gross.

I would recommend this be used as soon as the scar is healed/ dried enough. It tends to work better on fresh scars rather than old scars.

on 1/9/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried most of the popular brands of rosehip oil including A'kin Sukin Pai Kosmea and some other independent organic brands. The success of Trilogy rosehip oil and its worldwide following is a testimony to what good marketing can do. This is an OK product. It is not ultimately bad but very average and quite frankly for me it can't hold a candle to most other brands. It is very light in colour which suggests the level of antioxidants is not high. Its smell is not particularly strong either (good rosehip oils are well known for their very distinctive strong smell). Worth trying for anyone wondering what the hype is all about but there is nothing special about this product.
UPDATE: After giving it a few more shots I have to say that this oil performs pretty well. I personally still prefer rosehip oils that are a bit darker but in all truth and honesty I have to say that my skin loves Trilogy as much as it loves Kosmea or Pai and I will probably buy this product again.

on 1/9/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had big hopes for this oil and really wanted to love it. I liked the idea of using a 100% 1 ingredient 'moisturiser' on my skin. My aims was to have it moisturise my skin deeply, even out skin tone and fade acne scars quicker. Funnily enough, I never actually used it on my chin (where my scars are) because I have been breaking out on my this area and was afraid of using this near active breakouts.

Anyway, what I noticed immediately when opening the bottle was the smell. It smelled slightly fishy. I have cooked fish for many years, in fact I love it, but smelling like fish...well... nobody wants that. Maybe it smells different to other people.

Despite not liking the smell, I was determined to have rose hip oil working for me. I used it every other night (was using Liquid Gold on alternate nights) with no additional moisturiser- only eye cream. I also tried it under makeup instead of a moisturiser.

Used as above, the product made my face appear brighter and supple initially... However, I also developed tiny bumps and my skin became quite dehydrated. I cannot be certain if this is to blame for the dehydration. Even because Liquid Gold felt harsh and I could feel my skin parched the morning after using it. It could even be the case that my skin needed the moisturiser that I wasn't using. Maybe rose hip oil did not provide enough moisture.

So then I tried using two drops mixed with my face cream every night for a few days (I was no longer using Liquid Gold). It felt nice to use but my bumps were still there and I also had developed quite a bit of blackheads and tiny white heads so I was ready to give this oil a break, just in case.

So after over a month of use, my skin did not improved. I also could no longer see the brightening effect. I am not blaming this product for the negative effects. It could have well been the Liquid Gold. What I can say is that I am reluctant to give it another try. I might do and will update if I do. Either way, I think this product is very slow to work and would need months and months of consistent use to provide results. So overall, I am underwhelmed and think this is not as good as I thought. I probably works better for people who can use a lot of it without breaking out (dry non acne prone skins) and therefore have quicker results.

P.S- Used around the eye area gave me extremely puffy eyes and a breakout. Yes, it was a breakout, not milia. I am familiar with milia, and have had it due to using badly formulated eye creams. The good part is that the breakout was small and went away quickly.

UPDATE 28/1/15
Used it again for one night and it make my skin so dry! I had dry bits of skin of top of my skin... I know, it sounds gross. Well, it was. I guess my skin does not agree with rosehip oil...

on 1/7/2015 8:28:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff! At first I was a bit hesitant to purchase it because of the price for the tiny bottle and because I was unsure about putting oil on my face/body. So glad I purchased it though!! At first I started putting it on my boobs as I had old white stretch marks on them. Didn't notice a difference at first, but 2 and a bit months on and they have definitely faded! Really happy about this because the stretch marks were really visible :( I read somewhere online from a beauty guru that she put this on her face before moisturiser before she went to bed. Thought I would give it a try. My skin has never been better! I just use the oil because I didn't want to over load my face with products. I hardly breakout now AND my face is not red when I wake up! I'm so so so happy and will continue to repurchase :) Sorry for the long review but it's definitely worth checking out :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for nearly three months now and it's apart of my skincare routine. I used to use Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair but I never really noticed any difference with that, perhaps I'm too young or something, so I thought I would try this for a change. I have minor acne scarring from when I was 18 but I more or less tried this because of the claims of it being good at improving your overall skin texture and quality. I honestly don't know if it's done anything major, but I have noticed my scars fading. I love to cleanse with my Clarisonic and facial cleanser and follow up by three drops of this - one for my forehead and each cheek. I rub it all in gently and then proceed with my moisturizer. My skin feels sooo good and plump. When I wake up in the morning my skin is super soft and looks nice and smooth. I love the smell and I haven't had any breakouts or ill-effects in my three months using it so I'll carry on!

on 11/18/2014 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Rosehip oil is one of the oils (jojoba is another culprit) that broke me out (small whiteheads). I was very disappointed because I read a lot about how wonderful it was. I am still using it though but on old or new acne scars. I put a drop on my finger and dab it in small amounts (with my other finger) on my acne scars. A lot remains after that and I use it on an old scar I have on my arm. I've just started this process a few days ago so I still need to wait for the results. The good news is that it is not breaking me out anymore. And I am happy I can still benefit from it!

Popular Face Skincare Products