April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Skincare - Body - Crisco

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews here, I used Crisco to make my own body scrub (1 part crisco, 1 part olive oil plus a little more for consistency, sugar, essential oil). I use it at the end of my shower, rinse, then towel off. This works better than any moisturizing lotions or body butters I own!

I've tried Crisco as a body cream but it is so thick on its own. Now I'm trying to cut it with coconut oil, to see if that can lighten the texture a little. But even if that doesn't work, I'll keep using it! I melt it, add a few drops of essential oil, then put it in a small jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by motormouth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my neighbor told me about using Crisco as a moisturizer, I tried it thinking it wouldnt work but it is true! I loved how my face felt soft and smooth and I even used it on my heels too! The only thing I have to get used to is the can with the photo of a pie on it!. I put it in a fancy antique jar and nobody knows its really Crisco! I save $$$ too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING as a hair moisturizer and heat protectant. I use very little, applying from ends up, and it leaves my hair soft, smooth, and lustrous. It adds a beautiful shine without looking greasy (I use only a small amount!). It also helps my pressed hair stay straight in humidity. Awesome stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i might be the only one here that cannot use this. not only does it smell funky, but it just sits on top of my face and not sink in

on the face: i get whiteheads, blackheads the very next day. i stopped using it for months, then tried again. same thing...takes a while to recover

on the body: way too oily and does not absorb well, greasy yet not hydrating enough

best on cracked feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love crisco! Sure it's weird using a baking product on your body , but everyone is into
"Natural" skin care so whatever. I apply crisco after I dry myself after a shower and it keeps my skin soft and supple. I don't use it on my face (cos I only put sunscreen on it, but that's another story) so I don't know if it would cause any breakouts.

Bottom line is: this stuff is cheap and last for months. I bought the wrapped sticks which was silly cos they have horrible packaging, so i tranferred the crisco into a glass jar. Convenient to use. Crisco also doesn't leave an oily residue like baby oil, which I also use, so that's nice if I'm going straight to bed.

Bonus TMI time: Crisco is actually good for your vulva, or so I've seen in medical articles online (look it up!). Keeps the skin down there soft at least ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by contemplativegirl21

First of all, I already loved Crisco. Everyone always compliments my amazing double chocolate chip cookies and Crisco is my secret ingredient.

:-)

So, when my CeraVe ran out, I needed a new cleanser. I thought about trying a cold cream, but it's primarily mineral oil, so I thought, "I could just use Vaseline for that! Then I thought about making my own cold cream using oils and borax, but the borax had me a little concerned.

So, long story short: I went online for alternatives and came across Crisco.

I decided to use the Crisco as a cold cream: I slathered it on, let it sit a minute and then wiped it off with a warm, wet wash cloth. It left my face clean, dewy and amazing.

I decided to also use some as a face moisturizer at night--just a very minute amount--and my face looked great this morning.

After further research, however, there are some chemicals in it that I find to be questionable (please look through these reviews for further details on that issue). Of course, there are far worse products out there than cottonseed oil and hydrogenated soybean oil. Still, I don't want them sitting on my face.

As such, I plan to keep using this as a cold cream--cheap and amazing!--and continue using grape seed oil mixed with a little geranium oil as my moisturizer.

If you are in need of a moisturizer and on a tight budget, I definitely recommend trying this. There are so many natural alternatives to beauty products, most of which you can find in your own kitchen. There's really no need to spend extra money, plus I find my skin responds better to the items in my cabinets anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Super impressed that this works so well. I don't think i'll ever be brave enough to put it on my face, but it does wonders for the rest of my body. I made a lip balm out of crisco and kool aid and I have soft supple lips. Before I started making crisco lip balm that was never possible. This recipe also helps me save money since kool aid and crisco are super inexpensive. I would highly reccomend this as a lip balm or body butter (but beware, a little goes a long way).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by motormomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT i have sensitive skin and have used Crisco for over 1 year. my skin looks great and is smooth even in winter. I use it at night also on my feet and heels. for $3.59 its worth the money. My husband laughs at me when he sees the label so I put it in a pretty antique jar!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Maychi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's winter and I have very dry skin as it is. I woke up and my face looked like all the moisture in it was sucked out over night. After my morning cleansing I used my coco butter stick (pure) and my face seem to have ate that in the same hour!!!
Went to make breakfast and seen the Crisco so grabbed some and applied to my face, took a slightly wet towel to pat some off then on my way. Hours later I am shocked that my face is smooth still! Love it and should try it on my body but whip it first also but idk yet. lol

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried Crisco on my feet last night and then slept in socks. I had more improvement in the texture of the skin on my feet from Crisco than anything I have ever used.