Crisco for Hair and Body

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

SOYBEAN OIL, FULLY HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM AND SOYBEAN OILS, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID (ANTIOXIDANTS).

I recently had some Crisco in my kitchen because of my Christmas cookie making and remembered hearing a story of a friend's grandma having beautiful skin from using Crisco. So, I decided to use it on my face. I first used it as a "mask ' then washed it off. For the next 4 days used it as a lotion in place of my regular lotion. Wow- it works better than my $$$ face lotion. My forehead lines are majorly diminished, as if I had Botox. Could this be the Holy Grail? The ingredients are all veg oil (soybean). I was surprised because I thought it would be animal fat.

Wow. I have always used it as a diaper rash cream with my 4 daughters, but never tried it on me. Just looked it up cause I'm watching the help. Will be trying it now because of the reviews. Thanks.

After reading the reviews here, I used Crisco to make my own body scrub (1 part crisco, 1 part olive oil plus a little more for consistency, sugar, essential oil). I use it at the end of my shower, rinse, then towel off. This works better than any moisturizing lotions or body butters I own!

I've tried Crisco as a body cream but it is so thick on its own. Now I'm trying to cut it with coconut oil, to see if that can lighten the texture a little. But even if that doesn't work, I'll keep using it! I melt it, add a few drops of essential oil, then put it in a small jar.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

AMAZING as a hair moisturizer and heat protectant. I use very little, applying from ends up, and it leaves my hair soft, smooth, and lustrous. It adds a beautiful shine without looking greasy (I use only a small amount!). It also helps my pressed hair stay straight in humidity. Awesome stuff.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i might be the only one here that cannot use this. not only does it smell funky, but it just sits on top of my face and not sink in

on the face: i get whiteheads, blackheads the very next day. i stopped using it for months, then tried again. same thing...takes a while to recover

on the body: way too oily and does not absorb well, greasy yet not hydrating enough

best on cracked feet.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love crisco! Sure it's weird using a baking product on your body , but everyone is into
"Natural" skin care so whatever. I apply crisco after I dry myself after a shower and it keeps my skin soft and supple. I don't use it on my face (cos I only put sunscreen on it, but that's another story) so I don't know if it would cause any breakouts.

Bottom line is: this stuff is cheap and last for months. I bought the wrapped sticks which was silly cos they have horrible packaging, so i tranferred the crisco into a glass jar. Convenient to use. Crisco also doesn't leave an oily residue like baby oil, which I also use, so that's nice if I'm going straight to bed.

Bonus TMI time: Crisco is actually good for your vulva, or so I've seen in medical articles online (look it up!). Keeps the skin down there soft at least ;)

Super impressed that this works so well. I don't think i'll ever be brave enough to put it on my face, but it does wonders for the rest of my body. I made a lip balm out of crisco and kool aid and I have soft supple lips. Before I started making crisco lip balm that was never possible. This recipe also helps me save money since kool aid and crisco are super inexpensive. I would highly reccomend this as a lip balm or body butter (but beware, a little goes a long way).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE IT i have sensitive skin and have used Crisco for over 1 year. my skin looks great and is smooth even in winter. I use it at night also on my feet and heels. for $3.59 its worth the money. My husband laughs at me when he sees the label so I put it in a pretty antique jar!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

I tried Crisco on my feet last night and then slept in socks. I had more improvement in the texture of the skin on my feet from Crisco than anything I have ever used.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have sensitive skin all over: under-the care of three-different-departments (dermatology, rheumatology and gynecology) of the State-Medical-University-type sensitive skin. I discovered this stuff as a skin cream by accident. I was ina hurry in the kitchen and rubbed some into my dermatitis covered hand. A few minutes later I noticed the redness was gone.

To make a long story short, all of my doctors say its perfectly fine to use, and I have the softest healthiest skin I have ever had. I use vanicream bar cleanser and this and I am comfortable in my own skin for the first in a long time.

It's great for cracked heels, rough elbows and as a make-up remover: and it's far better than anything else I have bought, and goodness knows; cheaper than dirt. On me it absorbs real quickly: I smear it on after a shower.

I bought a nice vintage crystal covered jar at the Salvation Army and keep it in there, so I don't have the big tub in the bathroom.

Love this stuff - wish I had discovered it long ago.

Popular Body Skincare Products