July 26, 2014 | 1890 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use this as hair oil, face moisturizer and body oil.

it's a really good sealant. make sure u apply it right after shower or wash your face so it can seal in all the water and moisture. and the texture is perfect, not too watery thin and not too thick until it's hard to rub in.

for hair, i massage, and let it sit for a few hours then mix it with my shampoo (2tsp/shower). my hair looks shiny, very healthy, bouncy, and feels so good to touch.

olive oil is too greasy, avocado oil too thin, coconut oil not moisturizing enough.
this is the best oil you can get at grocery store. and it doesnt easily go rancid and smells good too lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by carick85

I used this for OCM and it clogged every single poor that I have. I am back to my hemp seed oil that doesn't break me out, but leaves me a little dry.. not too bad though. I will never use almond oil AGAIN.. I'm still recovering from it after a few weeks of not using it. I have skin that is VERY easily clogged, acne prone and sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil is the most versatile carrier oil ever. I use it for the occasional OCM, in my overnight hair oil blend and I know it also makes a great body moisturiser. It's cheap as chips to get great quality cold pressed sweet almond oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by leslielovesmakeup

I have decided the best way to use this for me is to rub it in while in still in the shower after I've turned off the water (if that makes any sense). It makes my feet look healthy and not dry/cracked. I tried it on my face and didn't notice much, just hydration but this is definitely not a miracle product.

I'd consider it more of a multitasker. Cuticle oil, makeup remover, face moisturizer, hair treatment, etc..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by TheBlueOrchid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how well this works. Dark circles under my eyes are hereditary. I cant really wear makeup to work so I wanted to find a cream or anything to help reduce the dark circles. After 5 days of putting it on every night, I could tell a complete difference! I'll be using this forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would recommend this for all skin types, especially skin prone to eczema, sensitive, inflamed and dry. When I heard that almond oil is known for its ability to soften and soothe inflamed skin, I knew I had to try it.

I find that it is a gentle skin exfoliant (very rich in vitamins and minerals). Thus, use sweet almond oil as an eye-makeup and overall make-up remover. And I have to say, it's very effective. I put a little bit of oil on a cotton swab or tissue and rub it where I want to remove make up, esp cream/glitter eyeshadow, heavy foundations and gel eyeliners.

I bought my sweet almond oil on Amazon for 5. I will for sure buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by laurams1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love my almond oil. I use a mix of sweet almond, jojoba, and sugar for a moisturizing scrub and it leaves my face so soft. I think I am going to try it with OCM when my current soap runs out. For those who think its too expensive, try vitacost. I get my products from there for half the price of whole foods.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by BeautyForTheRestOfUs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this with the oil cleansing method, and it legitimately cleared up my breakouts within a week. Some people stated that there would be initial break out once beginning the OCM, but I am one of the lucky few who did not experience that. Works perfectly to remove eye makeup as well, so that eliminated another product to buy. I have heard that some people will use the same oil to moistutize after cleansing, and I have as well in the past, I personally use pure shea butter now. Just preference, no real reason why. This makes a wonderful hair mask as well, and great body moisturizer in the winter. I'm a massage therapist as well and will use this if I'm working on my husband at home and have left my regular products at the office. All in all, a great product! Some may complain about the price, but a bottle lasts me forever and is really no more expensive than what a high-end drugstore product would cost. Not to mention that it currently replaces about 4 or 5 products in my normal routine!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by jayasudha

i've been using dis oil for about a month.dis gave me an amazing result.my acne scars start to disappear

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So it's winter and my normally combination skin is super dry...my lips are constantly flakeing. I was using olive oil as a moisturizer at night, but it just didn't seem like it was absorbing (I have nothing bad to say about olive oil, I still think it's a great beauty item).

Somehow I came across the review for sweet almond oil on this site and decided to try it. I'm pleased with the results, but my lips are still quite flakey. I read a review that some people put on moisturizer FIRST and then layer the almond oil over top. I have started doing that and my skin seems to like it!

I do have hereditary dark circles and I won't lie to you, it didn't really lighten them like other reviewers have said...but it did seem to "flatten" my undereye, if that makes sense? And it seems to be a good base for my concealer.

I'd recomend trying it, it is a bit expensive, mine was $25 for a small bottle at the health food store.