September 2, 2014 | 1701 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Almond oil is an amazing product from Nature. I use cold pressed virgin sweet almond oil for skin treatment. Here are some uses of almond oil for me -

* mix with ground oatmeal, milk and red lentil powder and use as a scrub/paste for the face and body. Leave on for few minutes while in shower and rinse. Works great as a soap replacement.

* oil cleansing - as a child, I remember being annoyed when my Mom would ask me to use coconut oil or almond oil on the skin and hair. I just hated the oily feel of the skin afterwards. Oil cleansing is an ancient Ayurvedic treatment and I wish I had listened to my Mom in my adolescent years! Instead I insisted on using Ponds and other commercial creams and lotions! The concept of Ayurvedic Oil cleansing is to apply oil all over the body and wait for an hour or so, for the oil to suck out the impurities and dirt. Then rinse off in shower, using a scrub or paste of red lentil. Amazing!

Almond oil works wonders on the skin. A tablespoon of oil should be more than enough for the face and neck. Massage the oil in upward strokes on the face and neck and around the eyes. Let the skin absorb the oil for a few minutes. Then blot out the oil by using a damp hot cloth. The capillary action sucks out the oil from the skin and all impurities are sucked out too.
Blackheads are zapped. The skin is left as smooth as a newborn's. AO also gives a super face lift and plumps the skin a bit, so that the effect is younger looking skin.

* pssst....here's a secret - AO works exceptionally well to remove ingrown hair after the hair has been partially plucked out by mistake or scabs. Preferably before bedtime, rub AO on the areas where the ingrown hair bits are and use the hot towel treatment. Follow up with an oatmeal or lentil scrub to cleanse the area. Then reapply a very thin film of AO on the area. Leave overnight and wash face in the morning. The area where the ingrowns and scabs are is smooth as silk.

* almond oil works amazingly well for under-eye dark circles. AO applied overnight (sparingly) under the eyes and the next day the eyes are sparkling and dark circles thankfully missing.

* use a tablespoon of AO in a hot water bath or apply a bit of AO all over the body after a shower while the skin is slightly damp. No need of a lotion after using AO.

* scalp treatment - warm AO works well on the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles. Caution to use sparingly though. Too much of AO applied on the scalp may cause hair loss.
Unfortunately, AO is awful for the hair. It may make the hair brittle. Also it does not get absorbed easily by the hair. In general, AO is not my first choice for hair oil treatment. Coconut rocks for hair!

* feet and hands treatment - mix with sesame oil and few drops of peppermint oil and rub onto feet and heels until the oil is absorbed by the skin. Wear socks to bed. The following day, use a loofah or pumice stone in the shower to remove any calluses or dead skin. AO softens the skin of the heels and hands.

* AO applied sparingly, reduces wrinkles and fine lines. As is with any product, going overboard by using an excess, may not work well.

I got my bottle of cold pressed EVAO from India. It cost a lot less than a bottle of lotion and is going to last longer too. I saw how the oil is extracted on a wooden churn press using raw almonds. Wonderful product indeed!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

This is great and usually found at a good price. Whether you are mixing hair/skin tonics or using it for household things it's great. I have seen thicker, darker colored sweet almond oil but it was slightly grainy and thick-this is more filtered.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

This is often recommended for use on babies/infants for example in the bath water or for a massage, so being pregnant I bought a bottle online which was actually quite cheap. It must be the real thing though because it's really good quality, I have already used it on my baby belly and to massage my partner, and it's really perfect especially for massaging because it has no scent and doesn't get absorbed too quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I you don't have a nut allergy - Sweet Almond oil is a great thing to use for topical, skincare and aromatherapy (carrier oil) & massage applications.
Light, easy to blend with other oils, works well on its own also.

Not cheap - but not cost prohibitive.

Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use this as hair oil, face moisturizer and body oil.

it's a really good sealant. make sure u apply it right after shower or wash your face so it can seal in all the water and moisture. and the texture is perfect, not too watery thin and not too thick until it's hard to rub in.

for hair, i massage, and let it sit for a few hours then mix it with my shampoo (2tsp/shower). my hair looks shiny, very healthy, bouncy, and feels so good to touch.

olive oil is too greasy, avocado oil too thin, coconut oil not moisturizing enough.
this is the best oil you can get at grocery store. and it doesnt easily go rancid and smells good too lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by carick85

I used this for OCM and it clogged every single poor that I have. I am back to my hemp seed oil that doesn't break me out, but leaves me a little dry.. not too bad though. I will never use almond oil AGAIN.. I'm still recovering from it after a few weeks of not using it. I have skin that is VERY easily clogged, acne prone and sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil is the most versatile carrier oil ever. I use it for the occasional OCM, in my overnight hair oil blend and I know it also makes a great body moisturiser. It's cheap as chips to get great quality cold pressed sweet almond oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by leslielovesmakeup

I have decided the best way to use this for me is to rub it in while in still in the shower after I've turned off the water (if that makes any sense). It makes my feet look healthy and not dry/cracked. I tried it on my face and didn't notice much, just hydration but this is definitely not a miracle product.

I'd consider it more of a multitasker. Cuticle oil, makeup remover, face moisturizer, hair treatment, etc..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by TheBlueOrchid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how well this works. Dark circles under my eyes are hereditary. I cant really wear makeup to work so I wanted to find a cream or anything to help reduce the dark circles. After 5 days of putting it on every night, I could tell a complete difference! I'll be using this forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would recommend this for all skin types, especially skin prone to eczema, sensitive, inflamed and dry. When I heard that almond oil is known for its ability to soften and soothe inflamed skin, I knew I had to try it.

I find that it is a gentle skin exfoliant (very rich in vitamins and minerals). Thus, use sweet almond oil as an eye-makeup and overall make-up remover. And I have to say, it's very effective. I put a little bit of oil on a cotton swab or tissue and rub it where I want to remove make up, esp cream/glitter eyeshadow, heavy foundations and gel eyeliners.

I bought my sweet almond oil on Amazon for 5. I will for sure buy this again.