Sweet Almond Oil

Sweet Almond Oil

on 9/15/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After reading all the great reviews on almond oil, I decided to suck it up and try it on my face as a moisturiser and I do not regret it! I have oily combo skin that can be acne prone, the sweet almond oil moisturises, nourishes and calms my skin really well.
I also use after my shower as a body moisturiser while my skin is still damp and also as an eye and lip treatment at night.
Another great use that works well on my full, wavy hair is using this as an oil treatment in shower, I wash my hair with a cleansing conditioner (using wen at the minute, its ok) and then spread a little oil onto my scalp, leave for 2 minutes and then use my regular conditioner to take the excess oil out - works very well on dry scalp, oh if you're going to try this and never have, expect a transition period if your scalp and hair are only used to sulphates :-)

on 8/4/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just love these stufff !!!!!!!!!!
I use it on my hair when its freshly washed and towel dried (i actually use a shirt but shirt dried will be weird .-. )
I use it as a leave in conditioner, i used to use a silicone based serum cuz my hair gets frizzy and poofy (althought its fine and medium thick, it was so thick but it sheded like no tomorrow and i cut it short)
Anyways, as i explained, that serum was a must. I went organic for hair products but i couldnt stop using it, i had no choice. Until i used sweet almond instead if it and it was SOOOO soft, no frizz no poofiness, worked better than that expensive silicone loaded shit.
Its sooo light, even if i used a lot there was no grease (the serum made my hair a grease ball when i used more than two pumps (or even less!!! --" )
I will for sure keep using it. Ill use it as a pre shampoo treatment as well and ill use it for my dark circles cuz i heard it helps getting rid of them. Also to nourish my body. Ill use it every where :D
And its hella cheap :o ill buy a big jar of it next time.

on 7/5/2015 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love almond oil. It's so moisturising and good for my skin. I find it takes too long for it to sink in if I use it on its own, so I add it to my body moisturiser. It sinks in immediately then and makes my skin super soft.

Update: After discovering that my favourite body lotion contains a nasty type of paraben, I now only use almond oil as a body moisturiser. I really like it because my skin feels so soft.

I have noticed that my skin can feel a little greasy after application, so I now apply it when my skin is still moist after showering. The moisture makes a huge difference: the oil is easier to spread and it sinks in immediately. If I want to apply oil when my skin is dry, I just add a few drops of water to the oil I want to apply. Works a treat!

on 6/26/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this oil just to test it out in multiple ways since I've been curious about using natural oils for skin and hair care. The packaging is annoying because the bottle squirts out a fixed amount which is way too much. So I transferred some into a little glass medicine dropper. I used it all over my hair and before bed I just slightly rinsed it out, not washed, and slept like that. My hair looked smooth and bouncy and shiny in the morning after I blow dried it. I also use it as a makeup remover for eye makeup only, I like it better than coconut oil because it's way lighter and doesn't leave that greasy heavy oily feeling. However, I wanted to see if it would work on my mild acne prone skin so I dabbed a drop onto my temple where I had a minor breakout and then wiped off the residue. It made the skin there really soft and the tiny pimples there vanished but in a few days I got a big itchy red pimple there... Weirdest thing. I guess my skin just hates me. Oh well. Ill continue using it for other purposes though!

on 3/23/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

the best way to take care of your skin. i use it in my bath, with some essential oils, honey and milk. it's my Cleopatra bath! Also pure on the skin it does wonders for dry winter patches.

on 3/20/2015 9:58:00 PM

I love sweet almond oil! I have acne prone skin and using this in place of a moisturizer and other natural skincare (much of which I make myself), I have had excellent results with reducing acne breakouts. The key is just a few drops and again using with other natural skincare. I avoid soaps/silicones/dimethicones on my skin and this has helped my acne a lot!

on 2/25/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really, really wanted to like this for my face. I decided to try it after reading many raving reviews about how wonderful this stuff is in moisturizing the skin. For the first week, it was wonderful. My skin looked clear and radiant.

Then hell broke lose. It clogged my pores like hair in the drain. I have pretty clear skin all my life, and suddenly my forehead was so rough and red with the comedones clogging my pores. Horrifying. My cheeks and chin were next to erupt, though thankfully it is not as bad as my forehead. It's been almost a month since I stopped using almond oil on my face, and I'm still getting painful pimples coming forth, and rough bumps surfacing from nowhere. It must be due to the oil, since I stopped applying any moisturizer at all, for fear that I will clog even more pores. So to those who want to try this, please please just try it for a couple of weeks on a small and not so obvious part your face. If it turns out bad, at least you won't have to deal with your entire face breaking out.

On the upside,almond oil seems good for my hair. A few drops rubbed into the ends of my damp hair helps to reduce the frizziness the next day.

I also use it very sparingly as an eye serum. My eyes tend to get puffy, especially the lids. A teeny weeny dab of this on both my top and bottom lids at night helps to reduce the puffiness in the morning.

on 2/5/2015 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this product for many years and here are the reasons why I love it:

-Great eye makeup remover and also conditions lashes and brows. I noticed hair growth using this oil.

-gentle and not so heavy feeling like castor oil or coconut oil for example.

-moisturizing and I dont break out from this. My skin is super soft and glowing after using this.

-can be used everywhere on the face/body.

-cheap, natural, relatively easy to find.

simple and wonderful product!

on 1/30/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as a moisturizer and scalp treatments. And I add some drops to body creams. Smell amazing! I also noticed that it works like a primer for makeup. Love this.

on 1/29/2015 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

1/30/15 EDIT: 2 lippies off after switching to NOW brand - it broke me out after using several drops last night. Most oils break me out. But I'd bought sweet almond oil in Mexico that the review below is about. I don't know the difference between the 2 oils - both are 100% almond oil. I'll stick with the Mexican almond oil!

This review is NOT for NOW brand:
Wow - Amazing! This is the only oil that works on my oily/combo/acne prone skin! For years I've experimented with vitamin e, olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and had almost given up - they all cause break outs. But I've been using several drops under my moisturizer at night for about 3 weeks now, and my skin looks MUCH dewier, smoother, lovelier than usual. My skin is not my strong point, 'tho I'm pretty good at making it look good with light makeup. Since using almond oil, I've barely had to wear foundation - never thought that would happen! After watching Lisa Eldridge's video on facial massage, a few times a week I use almond oil for a good 15-20 minute facial massage before bed and it's therapeutic emotionally and physically. Feels so good to pamper my skin! I cannot recommend this highly enough!
Watch Lisa Eldridge's video on facial massage - it's lovely, inspiring, and relaxing just to watch!

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products