4.4

on 3/23/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

the best way to take care of your skin. i use it in my bath, with some essential oils, honey and milk. it's my Cleopatra bath! Also pure on the skin it does wonders for dry winter patches.

on 3/20/2015 9:58:00 PM

I love sweet almond oil! I have acne prone skin and using this in place of a moisturizer and other natural skincare (much of which I make myself), I have had excellent results with reducing acne breakouts. The key is just a few drops and again using with other natural skincare. I avoid soaps/silicones/dimethicones on my skin and this has helped my acne a lot!

on 2/25/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really, really wanted to like this for my face. I decided to try it after reading many raving reviews about how wonderful this stuff is in moisturizing the skin. For the first week, it was wonderful. My skin looked clear and radiant.

Then hell broke lose. It clogged my pores like hair in the drain. I have pretty clear skin all my life, and suddenly my forehead was so rough and red with the comedones clogging my pores. Horrifying. My cheeks and chin were next to erupt, though thankfully it is not as bad as my forehead. It's been almost a month since I stopped using almond oil on my face, and I'm still getting painful pimples coming forth, and rough bumps surfacing from nowhere. It must be due to the oil, since I stopped applying any moisturizer at all, for fear that I will clog even more pores. So to those who want to try this, please please just try it for a couple of weeks on a small and not so obvious part your face. If it turns out bad, at least you won't have to deal with your entire face breaking out.

On the upside,almond oil seems good for my hair. A few drops rubbed into the ends of my damp hair helps to reduce the frizziness the next day.

I also use it very sparingly as an eye serum. My eyes tend to get puffy, especially the lids. A teeny weeny dab of this on both my top and bottom lids at night helps to reduce the puffiness in the morning.

on 2/5/2015 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have been using this product for many years and here are the reasons why I love it:

-Great eye makeup remover and also conditions lashes and brows. I noticed hair growth using this oil.

-gentle and not so heavy feeling like castor oil or coconut oil for example.

-moisturizing and I dont break out from this. My skin is super soft and glowing after using this.

-can be used everywhere on the face/body.

-cheap, natural, relatively easy to find.

simple and wonderful product!

on 1/30/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as a moisturizer and scalp treatments. And I add some drops to body creams. Smell amazing! I also noticed that it works like a primer for makeup. Love this.

on 1/29/2015 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

1/30/15 EDIT: 2 lippies off after switching to NOW brand - it broke me out after using several drops last night. Most oils break me out. But I'd bought sweet almond oil in Mexico that the review below is about. I don't know the difference between the 2 oils - both are 100% almond oil. I'll stick with the Mexican almond oil!

This review is NOT for NOW brand:
Wow - Amazing! This is the only oil that works on my oily/combo/acne prone skin! For years I've experimented with vitamin e, olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and had almost given up - they all cause break outs. But I've been using several drops under my moisturizer at night for about 3 weeks now, and my skin looks MUCH dewier, smoother, lovelier than usual. My skin is not my strong point, 'tho I'm pretty good at making it look good with light makeup. Since using almond oil, I've barely had to wear foundation - never thought that would happen! After watching Lisa Eldridge's video on facial massage, a few times a week I use almond oil for a good 15-20 minute facial massage before bed and it's therapeutic emotionally and physically. Feels so good to pamper my skin! I cannot recommend this highly enough!
Watch Lisa Eldridge's video on facial massage - it's lovely, inspiring, and relaxing just to watch!

on 12/8/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started using oils to moisturize my face a year ago, and it is one of the best decisions I've made. Last year, I had incredibly dry and uncomfortable skin that no commercial moisturizer could heal. After reading up on facial oils, I ordered sweet almond oil and an amber glass dropper bottle. It only takes about 2 drops to moisturize my face, so this lasts forever. My face no longer feels tight or dry, even in the winter. Over the summer, my face was getting pretty oily, so I cut it down to 1 drop per application and everything worked out fine. This is a terrific moisturizer, but I didn't notice any other dramatic effects such as clearer skin or less hyperpigmentation. I won't be repurchasing because I'm going to try out better oils for acne prone skin, such as evening primrose oil.

on 12/2/2014 12:48:00 PM

it is a miracle healer for my mother after her plastic urgery, which after the laser de-dark-spots and de-wrinkle procedure,she could hardly put anything that would not cause itchy or redness, we had a oil press machine and made our own sweet almond oil with the best quality almonds available in market (the bad ones stink like smelly fish once coming out of the machine, I believe it is due to the chemicals used to peel of the skins), and even more miraculous, during her revisit to the clinic, the nurse gave her some "enclosure shot" that is suppose to speed the healing process, however making things worse, turning her already recovery spot into darker and really red spot again.
In order to work, she has to put heavy makeup on, but by putting sweet almond oil on face as moisturizer and leave in mask every day and night, 2 months later the stubborn and sustainable red spots finally completely faded away.
she still uses sweet almond oil evey fall and winter until now, if we could not find fine almonds to press, I'd go for now foods ones in 100ml, it is working fine but not as effective as home made oil, said my mom.
however, sweet almond oil is wonderful for facial, but as as good as virgin olive oil for hair,but I always keep it in stock and always carry a travel size bottle as a remedy for emergent matters such as dry, itchy, reddish skin. I'd recommend it for people with sensitive, psoriasis or dry patches,try it. I does heal face and none others could replace it.

on 11/14/2014 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love sweet almond oil. I've used coconut, jojoba and argan and this is my favourite out of the lot. This one feels the least greasy and heavy, especially when I use it on the ends of my hair. On my skin, it absorbs the fastest and doesn't leave residue so long as I use a small amount. I love puting it on 20 minutes before my foundation which is oil based (kevyn aucoin sensual skin enhancer) and then setting with powder. My skin will be hydrated and glowy the whole day. (Remember if you do choose to use this product before foundation that it is oil based as water based foundation will just slide on top of this.)

Also, as I don't wear make up everyday, I only use this a couple of times on my face a week and always in small amounts. I've done the mistake of going OTT with face oils and end up with milia/break out...so everything in moderation right!

As a body moisteriser it is fantastic but takes a little long to dry. Also do not use in conjunction with fake tan because it will strip your colour!

on 11/2/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Originally, I bought this to try as a moisturizer but I prefer lotions as this makes my skin feel greasy after use. However, if you purchase really pure sweet almond oil, I've found that this is great for the Oil Cleansing Method. I use it alone without castor oil and it does a great job deep cleansing my face. I will continue to use this 1x a week in conjuction with my normal skin care routine.

Popular Moisturizers