Sweet Almond Oil

4.4

Sweet Almond Oil

I like this oil because I can use it on my face and all over my body, and it does not cause any adverse reactions. This is a great mild oil that can be used as a base oil and combined with other oils or that can be used on its own. This is one of the faster absorbing oils that I have tried, and I like that the scent is not too nutty, contrary to what one might expect.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this oil on my feet and it does a great job of moisturizing them without leaving behind any greasy feel. I do this right after I get out of the shower, when my skin is still damp. This helps the oil spread easier. I do this to my feet before using a self tanner and I let the oil sink in for a few minutes before applying the tanner. This way the tanner doesn't turn out too dark on the drier skin of my feet. I do my feet last and some of the oil remains and I mix this with the tanner and I get the usual nice bronze glow and the color is nice and even with the rest of my legs. I use the oil all the way above my ankles and I don't get streaks of any kind. I also use this oil on my elbows and hands and it alleviates any scaling or dryness in those areas too. I have a very small bottle with a dropper and I often mix the oil with lotion and apply it to my legs. This gives me a momentary glow and the oil absorbs very quickly when mixed with lotion in this way. I suppose I could get a larger bottle for less money but so far, the small bottle has been sufficient for my purposes. The oil works well when I use it in these ways and I've made it a regular part of my skin care routine, at least as far as my body skin goes. I'm too afraid to use it on my face because my skin is super sensitive and it will likely cause some sort of reaction. I haven't tried using it on my hair because I think it will likely be greasy. But for my body and for using with self tanner, it works great.

I've been using almond oil on my skin for nearly 3 years now. I swear by it. I'll wash my face in the shower with non foaming cetaphil and then slather on almond oil for the duration of my shower. My skin is perfect. I used to be a huge picker and thank God I am scar free because of this. I hate the typical glass jar it comes in so I bought a plastic pump style container to keep in the shower so I don't break it into shards of glass if I happen to drop it on the tile. Best. Beauty. Product EVER.

I usually don't write product reviews but I'll gladly make an exception for sweet almond oil. Last year, my mum bought me a small bottle of this oil when my skin was very dehydrated due to a chemical peel gone wrong. It literally saved my skin: the horrible redness and flakiness went away in just a couple of days.
I've been using SAO ever since. It's very cheap (2 euros a bottle at the local supermarket) and a little goes a very long way. Also, It does not break me out but it hydrates my skin beautifully.
No need to buy expensive oils like argan or rosehip seed oil. (Although I did, off course, because I am a beauty addict/ shopaholic). Anyway, those oils weren't nearly as effective as my humble sweet almond oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used cold pressed almond oil for OCM, hair and moisturizer. I mixed it with castor oil to help it spread, only do it 2x a week for a deep cleaning. Removed makeup very well. I like to follow it up with a gentle cleanser as I'm acne prone and wanted to make sure that all the dirty oil was gone. I tried using it as a facial moisturizer, found it sitting on my skin for a while before it absorbed completely. So I just used an organic moisturizer from Sukin. It works on my hair as a mask and post-wash to hydrate my hair and get rid of the frizz. The texture is less greasy than coconut oil and less thick than castor oil, so it works as post-wash "serum". My hair is very soft and shiny. As a body moisturizer, it's really good, absorbed quite quickly and not greasy.

UPDATE 23/12/2015: do not use this as an eye makeup remover. It stung and made my eyes red. Quite hard not to get a little in the eyes when I used this to remove waterproof mascara. Coconut oil and baby oil are fine though

UPDATE 10/12/2015: I still use this as a leave in serum to add shine and get rid of frizz along with coconut oil. But I use this on dry hair whereas I put coconut oil on my damp hair.

UPDATE 22/1/2016: I found hemp seed oil is much better for my skin and my hair as it absorbs better than this sweet almond oil. I found sweet almond oil sit on top of my skin and eventually clogged my pores and it's not as shiny or hydrating for my hair. Hence drop 2 lippies

i dont mix it with any lotion or moisturizer and here is my finding:

it is not moisturizing enough ,
feels light when applied on skin but breaks me out
doesnt help with redness at All
doesnt remove makeup well

another waste of money.😕

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After reading all the great reviews on almond oil, I decided to suck it up and try it on my face as a moisturiser and I do not regret it! I have oily combo skin that can be acne prone, the sweet almond oil moisturises, nourishes and calms my skin really well.
I also use after my shower as a body moisturiser while my skin is still damp and also as an eye and lip treatment at night.
Another great use that works well on my full, wavy hair is using this as an oil treatment in shower, I wash my hair with a cleansing conditioner (using wen at the minute, its ok) and then spread a little oil onto my scalp, leave for 2 minutes and then use my regular conditioner to take the excess oil out - works very well on dry scalp, oh if you're going to try this and never have, expect a transition period if your scalp and hair are only used to sulphates :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just love these stufff !!!!!!!!!!
I use it on my hair when its freshly washed and towel dried (i actually use a shirt but shirt dried will be weird .-. )
I use it as a leave in conditioner, i used to use a silicone based serum cuz my hair gets frizzy and poofy (althought its fine and medium thick, it was so thick but it sheded like no tomorrow and i cut it short)
Anyways, as i explained, that serum was a must. I went organic for hair products but i couldnt stop using it, i had no choice. Until i used sweet almond instead if it and it was SOOOO soft, no frizz no poofiness, worked better than that expensive silicone loaded shit.
Its sooo light, even if i used a lot there was no grease (the serum made my hair a grease ball when i used more than two pumps (or even less!!! --" )
I will for sure keep using it. Ill use it as a pre shampoo treatment as well and ill use it for my dark circles cuz i heard it helps getting rid of them. Also to nourish my body. Ill use it e very where :D
And its hella cheap :o ill buy a big jar of it next time.
UPDATE :
This didnt really help with my dark cercles, maybe it was cuz an allergy i got near my eyes.
Its still doing wonders for my hair tho and its a really good nighttime moisturizer for my oily acne prone skin. I use a liiitle amount, it doesnt make my face oilier and it doesnt break me out. Awesome :3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love almond oil. It's so moisturising and good for my skin. I find it takes too long for it to sink in if I use it on its own, so I add it to my body moisturiser. It sinks in immediately then and makes my skin super soft.

Update: After discovering that my favourite body lotion contains a nasty type of paraben, I now only use almond oil as a body moisturiser. I really like it because my skin feels so soft.

I have noticed that my skin can feel a little greasy after application, so I now apply it when my skin is still moist after showering. The moisture makes a huge difference: the oil is easier to spread and it sinks in immediately. If I want to apply oil when my skin is dry, I just add a few drops of water to the oil I want to apply. Works a treat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this oil just to test it out in multiple ways since I've been curious about using natural oils for skin and hair care. The packaging is annoying because the bottle squirts out a fixed amount which is way too much. So I transferred some into a little glass medicine dropper. I used it all over my hair and before bed I just slightly rinsed it out, not washed, and slept like that. My hair looked smooth and bouncy and shiny in the morning after I blow dried it. I also use it as a makeup remover for eye makeup only, I like it better than coconut oil because it's way lighter and doesn't leave that greasy heavy oily feeling. However, I wanted to see if it would work on my mild acne prone skin so I dabbed a drop onto my temple where I had a minor breakout and then wiped off the residue. It made the skin there really soft and the tiny pimples there vanished but in a few days I got a big itchy red pimple there... Weirdest thing. I guess my skin just hates me. Oh well. Ill continue using it for other purposes though!

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products