September 22, 2014 | 1857 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by 71carol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream is amazing! I'm 40, have very tiny fine lines under my eyes that appear only when I smile, but I do feel that the area had gotten drier and therefore prone to get more and deeper lines, of course, as I age. From the first moment I used it, it felt highly moisturizing and the next day I had very smooth skin around the eyes. It's not cheap, but you don';t have to reapply like with other even more expensive creams... Obagi for example...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by OVincze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am surprised that this product got mixed reviews. I am 35 and was blessed with really good skin and only got minor lines around my eyes, they are minimal and shallow but they are there now. Also due to allergies my eye area gets extremely puffy with have very dark circles. I have been sampling many different eye creams due to wanting to effectively fight my problems. I received a sample for my mom and we both tried this product and the consensus was that this cream is awesome.

Although generally they recommend this to women over 40 in my opinion anyone over 30 with problems like mine would benefit from it. Out of all the eye creams, serums and treatments I have tested this would definitely be my pick.

This cream is heavier and a little goes a long way but it moisturizes like crazy but due to the lifting effects in it it will not cause puffiness instead get rid of that. When I normally try heavier eye creams at nite I wake up looking like a monster with horrid puffy eyes but not when I use this one. Thus far this is the only eye creams I have found that works on all eye area issues at once.

The puffiness is gone due to lifting and any lines are smoothed out. The effects are immediate and because of the south sea pearl extract in it it also immediately helps with circles. Even though I have terrible allergies and cannot use ANR eye this caused no problems.

I have considered getting either this eye cream or the new Idealist eye area illuminator but I think that even though this is even more expensive it is well worth the price since it would last a year and would also be a great antiaging product whereas the Idealist is not. So, if you are concerned about many different issues this would be the product to go to at least if you can afford it. So far I am much happier with this product than the other eye creams I have tried and will update, hope it remains the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

very few eye creams impress me but this one really plumps up my eye lids. while i do not have fine lines on my eyes, i do see how the plumping up would really smoothen fine lines. this is definitely the best anti-aging eye cream i've tried!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by cjheartsmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Uh-Oh, the general consensus is that this is bad. I found it to be very effective at keeping my under eye area moisturised at night, which really did solve the creases I had noticed I was waking up with, but I too noticed white milia on my lash line which I'm stuck with now. The consistency was more of a paste than a cream, and really took some massaging in to absorb, which may in itself be the reason the creases stopped appearing. I recieved it free when I bought the Advanced Night Repair serum so couldn't really complain too much. Until I found this site anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Shivaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I could not use this product long enough to rate effect. It gave me irritated skin under my eyes! First time EVER with a skinproduct. My skin is strong, and not sensitive at all.
Stopped using it, and threw it away. Waste of money

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by babyhan

i reallly hate this product ! ive been using it for 2-3 months already. it did completely NOTHING for my dark circles, tiny tiny wrinkles & PUFFYNESS. theres no freshness feel, and its a little oily. which caused some white bumps on my undereye. you cannot apply makeup right after putting this on, because its whitish yellow. i doubt this would work on anyone ... so i wouldn't even waste my money if i were you.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by michele0730

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Probably the least effective eye cream I have ever used. In fact, the skin around my eyes feels drier since I've been using this than before. Very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by spring09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 7 months with no beenfits at all. I have mild dark circles and little puffiness around my eyes but this ridiculously expensive eye cream could not even take care of that. IT SUCKS!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Dorii70

I used this product for a good couple months, but it didn't show a significant difference or improvements on my eyes. Not only that, it gave me some tiny lil' bumps/lumps under my eyes, might be because the formula/ingredients is too rich for younger adults.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never used an eye cream before because I don't believe in them. They are just overpriced moisturizers in too small jars. And no eye cream can help get rid of signs of aging unless there's a good amount of retinol or peptides in it. So you are better off buying a (otc) retinol/retinaldehyde facial product (like Avene Eluage Cream) and use it around the eyes. Even more important is wearing a high SPF/PPD sunscreen, also around the eyes. For moisturizing properties you can just use any decent (cheap) facial moisturizer around the eyes. I've been doing this for quite some time now and at age 38 (turning 39 soon) I have very few lines around my eyes and no crow's feet. Despite the fact I have very dry, sensitive skin, sensitive eyes and wearing contacts.
Back to this eye cream. I received a generous sample and was about to toss it but I decided to give it a try, especially when I found out how much this eye cream costs: retail price is around 90 Euro for 15 ml/0.5OZ.!! Ok, granted, I guess it makes a very nice eye cream/moisturizer. It's a quite thick, white, unfragranced cream. Just a tiny little dab is sufficient. It does feel very moisturizing and smoothes the eye area. No irritation. Of course I can't comment on any lifting properties. But I doubt this eye cream has those. Looking at the ingredients I see lots of silicones, fatty alcohols, some doubtful extracts, maybe a tiny amount of peptides and some emulsifiers/preservatives. Nothing that justifies its lifting properties and certainly nothing that justifies the price tag. My Nivea Creme moisturizes as good, if not better. And lifting the skin? We all know no cream can do that, only the surgical knife. It's a scam people. Eye creams are invented by the cosmetic market to create more money income, that's about it. Total waste of your money. Buy a good retinol product, a nice moisturizer, a decent sunscreen and a good pair of sunglasses. Better for your skin, your eyes, and your wallet. So will I purchase a jar? Heck no; I'm not crazy;-)
Ingredients: water, fish cartilage extract, shea butter, butylene glycol, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cetyl esters, cetearyl alcohol, polybutene, isostearyl neopentanoate, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, methyl glucose sesquistearate, palmitoyl oligopeptide, sea whip extract, lecithin, hibiscus rosa-sinesis (malvaceae) extract, cholesterol, silybum marianum (lady's thistle) extract, cholesteryl/behenyl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, dimethicone, micrococcus lysate, linoleic acid, beta-carotene, polydecene, PEG-8, cetearyl glucoside, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, glyceryl polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanol, carbomer, citric acid, disodium edta, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No