August 23, 2014 | 1046 users online

Palettes - Hard Candy - Palm Palette in Girlie

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by princessvivian27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok. I couldn't find a review for the secret stash (the product I have), so I thought i'd post it here. Anyways. Hard Candy is being discontinued, or so I am assuming. This really cute palette was only $5 and some change, so yeah. And it used to be $22, and I clearly remember eyeing it when it was original price and thought it was way too high for said product. Ok, so the outside looks like a spirograph design. Instant nostalgia, right? Ok, so the first layer, the glosses. They're pretty good. Not sticky which is a plus, they are sheer which is a big deal for me, but thankfully I can overlook that, but the smell is the thing that puts me off. I'll either use this as my at home makeup, my purse for touchups, or if I am spending one night somewhere. That's all it's good for. Ok. Layer two, eyeshadows...they're good. Sheer, which I don't mind on occasion, and Layer three...bronzer and mattifying powder. Ok, lets just get this straight...bronzer is not something I use everyday, so I like that it is included so if I do decide to use it, I will, and the mattifying powder is awesome. Never had a mattifying powder before, so this is perfect over foundation. I really think that this was worth it's 75% off price. If you see these anywhere, get it before it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by himynameissasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recieved this product in a swap and I am loving it! The eyeshadow colors are great, and I love the blush too. The lipglosses are a little iffy, they are better over a different color and they dont come off that "girlie" to me. The brushes are really awesome too, esp. the lip one.
Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by candyka21

I unlike others, like the lipglosses! they are so pretty on paired with the darker shadow, wich have a lot of staying power! the blush is fabulous on the lips or cheeks. I also liked the brush and aplicator. I would re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 12:35:00 PM More reviews by i_darling

I have this and can't really get into it except for the eyeshadows which I do like. The cheek cream is a lovely hot-pink which can be applied in a subtle manner but didn't last too long on me. The glosses are kind of yuck in their brown tones and gloppy texture. The packaging is nice but hard to open. I got it in a swap and will hold onto it for the e/s but wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2004 11:02:00 PM More reviews by heatheroo1212

I really like this, but like most palettes, I don't use part of it! must invest in build-your-own! i got this one for cheap though, so I gave it a shot! I LOVE the cream blush--beautiful color! I also really like the shadows-shimmery, but not glittery! The lip gloss is another matter though, it's brown! I don't want brown lips, but I tried it anyway, for the sake of reviewing,:D,it's glumpy! And the brushes suck- use your (clean)fingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Found this at my TJ Maxx for $8 and I really like it! Has a creamy light peach e/s with silver glitters, a slightly shimmery taupe e/s, two lipglosses (one is a shimmery light nude the other a shimmery darker nude)--these are a bit metallic, which I don't like. But if I put a clear lipgloss over them they look better. This palette also has a cream blush in a pink/rose color (can also be used as a lipstick) and applicators. I really like how everything is divided in the palette so it doesn't get dirty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 11:28:00 AM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was at TJ Max yesterday and happened to come across this palette for only $8, so I couldn't pass it up. So far I have only used it once. It isn't the most practical makeup palette mainly b/c I don't wear blush and the lip glosses aren't the usual colors I would choose to wear. The eye shadows are pretty good quality, however. I accidentally fell asleep while still wearing my makeup (I know, bad girl!) and when I woke up several hours later my eye make up had stayed put and wasn't all melted around my eyes like most other e/s would have been. I didn't even touch the glosses yet but, instead I used the cream blush as a lip stain. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this product but, that is mainly b/c I only paid $8 for it. This palette is just not worth a penny more. If you can get this on sale, I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I don't think this is worth the regular price but if you can find it for less, it is a good product. The packaging is nice, I like that they're are seperate compartments so the eyeshadow doesn't get in the lipgloss and and the lipgloss doesn't get in the blush and so on. The blush is beautiful and lasts and lasts on me. The eyeshadows, especially the darker one, fuzz, are just lovely and very flattering. The lipglosses are gross but like I said, the palette isn't worth full price and if you can find it for less, the blush and eyeshadows are worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2004 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the ultra-wearable eyeshadows and blush in this very sturdy and adorable palette really do make up for the not-so-great lipglosses. admittedly, the lipglosses are not as scary as they look in the case, but i prefer any of my other lipglosses that i don't think i'll ever get to these. the eyeshadows are basic colors with a pretty shimmer and a light touch of the blush adds a perfect flush. the discounted price makes it even better. all in all, a great buy. UPDATE: i've also been using the blush on my lips and love it! it's creamy but not sticky at all, and i naturally have a lot of color in my lips, so just a little bit enhances my natural color. if the color works for you, definitely try it on your lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 10:06:00 AM More reviews by deweydrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with Pattyplaypal...the lipglosses in here are just ODD! (Frosty dark beige, frosty blechy pewter color) I personally REALLY like the shadows...and the cream blush is surprisingly nice...but the lip glosses are just ugly. I also bought this at Marshall's for $10..so I don't think I really threw away that much money on it. Only took off one lippy because of the lipglosses (one which actually reminds me of Revlon's "toast to shine" lipgloss that I loathe.)