August 29, 2014 | 1863 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by topNOTCH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Im reviewing the kirkland brand EVOO and love it! I use it to remove waterproof mascara and it literally just melts off. Best waterproof makeup remover I've ever used! Just pour a tiny bit on your fingers and gently rub around the eye area then follow up with a cleanser to remove the rest of the oil. This also does an amazing job at removing foundation and BB cream. The kirkland EVOO is also rated as one of the few to pass the extra virgin purity test. you can read more about it here: http://www.crunchybetty.com/when-your-extra-virgin-olive-oil-isnt-so-wholesome

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by darkthorn

I love using EVOO for everything. Scrubbing my body and face, doing treatment mask, soaking my nails with it, slathering it all over my body, moisturizig my lips, removing my makeup, EVOO is an affordable choice to do all of those things. As a college student, I don't want to waste my money on insignificant things. I left my EVOO back in my hometown and was reluctant whether to buy another EVOO as I already have body scrub, night cream, body lotion, makeup remover, etc. I figured that EVOO would be an investment if I run out all products I have mentioned before. The night after I bought my new EVOO, I removed my makeup with it. After that, I cleansed my face with a Biore cleanser, after it dried, I sprayed my face with Evian spray. While it was still wet, I put three drops of EVOO because I was afraid that it would make me breakout if I put in too much. I slathered my face and neck with it, massaging the oil until it absorbed into my skin. I also put them over my lash line and massaged it a bit. After that, I sprayed my Evian spray again and gave one drop of Dettol disinfectant liquid to a cotton pad as spot treatment (it's crazy, I know). While I slept, I tried to minimize the contact between my face and pillow and blanket to ward off potential germ or bacteria.
The morning I wake up, I was surprised to find that my forehead isn't dry anymore, my face looks supple, my pores are almost invisible and my zits are getting smaller. I think that it is because of the combination of the products I used the night before, but I am definitely thrilled to find that EVOO doesn't break me out despite people saying that it might give horrendous zits to acne-prone people. Not to mention the multiple use of it, I don't think that I am going to stop using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I credit my beautiful, healthy cuticles to the wonders of this stuff. My mother has severe eczema and uses olive oil to keep them from being painful. If she dabs some olive oil on her fingers at least once a day her cuticles are left looking so smooth and healthy, and she has sensitive skin so she appreciated that it never stings and soaks in fast. I even use this as a lip treatment if my lips are cracking, or a hair mask a few times a month.

Definitely not the most convenient because you can't really touch anything while your hands are oily but in about five to ten minutes they will have soaked up the oil and I can continue on with my day. I keep a nail polish bottle full of this(and a few drops of vitamin E) and I get compliments on my nails & hands all the time.

If I really want a good, moisturizing treatment I'll drench my hands in this and rub them over the sink until almost all of it has sunken in. If there's residue, a paper towel will do fine. You really don't need any fancy brand names. Great for hair, lips, cuticles and hands. Really natural and has only a mild smell. I will always swear by EVOO!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by swordfern

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love EVOO!! Before I tried the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM), I was washing my face several times a day with soap in an attempt to control my skin's oil production. My cheeks were dry, my forehead oily, and my skin was red everywhere. I was at first skeptical of the OCM, but after just a couple of days I began to see a change. I went through a transition phase that included a mild breakout, but then my skin softened up, stopped producing oil, and relaxed into a more even skin tone. The results are dramatic, and I now resent all of the money that spent on 'oil-free' products as a teenager. My current regimen includes castor oil for cleansing and EVOO for moisturizing with occasional night-soaks in jojoba oil. One thing to be aware of is that much 'olive oil' actually contains other cheaper oils that may cause breakouts or allergic reactions. Ensure that what you're buying is the real deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Jenny221

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it, olive oil is the best!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did a review on using this a face moisturizer awhile back when it didn't work well for me. But when I ran out of my night cream I decided to revisit it. I realize my mistake was putting way too much on. You only need the tiniest bit of it. I usually only need a little less than a capful to cover my face and neck. I've been loving using EVOO daily now. The key for me is appying it while my face is still wet. It seals in the moisture from the water and leaves me softer and supple for longer. I also noticed how now I don't get oily in my T-Zone anymore. I used to get very oily along my nose and forehead. A lot of people don't know that one way to combat oil is with oil. I've also extended this to my body and it makes me equally soft there as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Pandoraaa

I use extra virgin olive oil for cooking so after reading that if cures acne I thought I would give it a go! I have oily skin and acne and I must admit this did help my skin a bit. I rubbed it on to my face, then steamed my face with a hot towel/cloth and rubbed off the excess. I just hated the feeling of it afterwards, so I stopped using it purely for this reason. I definitely think it's worth a try but I personally am going to stop using it because I don't like the feeling nor the greasy sheen it leaves!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by MDevanney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beware fellow acne prone and sensitive skinned ladies!! Used this to remove face makeup and it broke me out horribly. I gave it another chance just to double check it was truly the cause, and yep it most certainly was! Disappointed because I know how beneficial it's supposed to be for your skin long term, but it's not worth the acne to me.

Just wanted to add that EVOO rates a 2/5 on the comedogenic scale so acne prone girls beware!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ppd146

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In short, EVOO doesn't work for me.

My skin is oily, acne-prone and very sensitive. I was really happy when reading through reviews/articles that EVOO can cure acne. But after just about 2-3 times applying it on my face, my skin started to break out really really badly. I was freaking out, and stopped immediately, but the scars are still on my skin until now (4 months later). I think the reason is there are so much nutrients in the oil that makes my skin a good shelter for bacteria (same thing happened to me when I use honey sugar to exfoliate my lips).

In a nutshell, be careful with EVOO if your skin is oily and sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used EVOO as a moisturizer on my FACE for years! I use a regular brand at the grocery store and pour some into a small travel bottle and keep on my bathroom sink. After I wash my face (I have dry skin), I dab a smidge onto the dry parts of my cheeks and under my eyes. Perfection. If I use too much it is greasy, then I will just dab off with a kleenex. There is no smell and the ingredients are as natural as you can get, so WIN-WIN. I have heard EVOO goes bad after 6 months of opening the jar (?) so I make sure to buy the smallest bottle for cooking and also use the same bottle for my facial moisturizer. Also gives a beautiful dew under my makeup and sunscreen. I used to use this in my hair, which is a glorious hair product BUT you must wash your hair everyDAY if using this in your hair, or your hair will smell horrendous.