December 20, 2014 | 1596 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Metallic Creme Eye Color in Alloy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I have recessed eyes, not too much lid and make up artists are always lightening up my lid which looks washed out against blue eyes. This however brings light but in a taupe base which gives shape to the lid (light colours on the lid take away its shape). It is amazing on its own but is a strong integrator of other shadows and liners. I use this on the lid with Chanel taupe grise in the crease and along the lower lid line. I tightline with LM plum caviar stick and NO mascara. Really cool, really fresh. The formula is easy to apply and lasts until you take it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I ADORE THIS!! Not at all surprised at the 93% rating for this, it's one of my absolute, total staples lately that I cannot stop wearing. One of the best cream eyeshadows ever. It is the most beautiful shade that is the definition of versatile. As with a reviewer below, I have had problems getting taupes to work for me, but this one is perfection. It flashes silver, bronze, violet, brown, pink....it's shimmery but isn't too much and won't overshadow other eyeshadows you may wear with it. It's beautiful and perfect alone, but just as wonderful as a base to enhance and maximise anything you put on top of it. It's multi-dimensional splendour means it works with so many different shades both cool and warm. It just makes your eyes sparkle with vitality!! In a totally sophisticated way. It has this wonderful silky glide-on texture that is pretty foolproof. It needs little/no blending, you can use just your fingers, or build it up and shape it with a brush. But it's really so effortless, for those of you who want an instant, two-minute "WOW...and I don't need to do a thing more" product, choose this little gem.
It's been known to crease on oily skin or hot weather, so either use a bit of primer underneath or set it with a shadow on top. That's the only downside I can see. It's packaging is super easy-to-use and in a hygienic squeeze tube. If you've been searching for a versatile base colour or the perfect shimmer taupe, look no further. The other shades in the range are stunning too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by poshpepper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I will admit I have a taupe problem... and that is why I had to have this product :D
Anyway, the color of this beautiful shadow (besides being taupe) also has slight purple undertones and a beautiful silver sheen. I have been using it mostly as a base for (yep you guessed it) taupe eyeshadows, but I have also discovered it works great under purple eyeshadows.
The cream shadow is thin and blends very easily (I like to apply with fingers) and you can do a sheer layer as a base color or you can build it up to opaque color and wear it alone.
This type of color, because it has a high sheen finish, is great as an all over wash of color because the shadows created by your eye will change the color of the eyeshadow making it look like you applied 2 or even 3 colors to your eye.
I have not experienced creasing with this eyeshadow (I always wear it over primer since I have oily lids), and it provides a semi-sticky base for shadows to adhere to (micro glitter from powder eyeshadow does not fall-out when applied over this).
I would like to point out that even though the tube may seem small it has a lot of product (8.5 grams) when compared to other cream shadows, so even though the price is high it is actually cheaper by weight than a lot of other cream shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I knew about this product for awhile and sort of kept it in the back of my mind. After I saw it being used I decided that I needed to try Alloy. It's a chameleon color. I think it changes on certain people and combined with whatever shadow you use with it. It appears to be a taupe, but there are bronze and purple base tones in it with a metallic sheen over the top. So it reflects light while also absorbing it. You can easily create depth or a smoky eye, and it feels nice on your eyes. Not heavy or oily, and it never creases for me without a primer. Alloy is the best shade to start with. I know Rose Gold is popular, but not everyone can pull it off. Burnished Copper is a red bronze that contrasts beautifully with green eyes. Even though the tube is small, it takes a long time to use one up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I've had my tube of Alloy for 3 years now and it hasn't shown any signs of turning bad or running out. I wish these LM creme eye colors in the tube came in more colors and also in non-metallic colors because they are fabulous. Alloy and Gold are my two absolute favorites and I wear them nearly every day. I LOVE not having to dig into a pot or swipe a wand on my eyelids. The consistency of this shadow is very light and application is super easy. I just apply with my fingers and blend out. I like to wear Alloy under my powder eyeshadows. Not only does it make my shadow last longer but it also gives me more of an intense application. I always wear Alloy over a primer so I can't say if it's creaseless on its own, but I imagine that it must be for those without oily eyelids since it dries to a very nice satiny finish and is not sticky or greasy at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

In creme shadow land, this is the Queen Bee. There are several other brands that do a decent creme shadow - NARS, BB, MAC, Benefit all come to mind. However, each of those brands have their issues. Some crease, some are too dry and hard to work with or blend. Not LM, the formula is light and creamy and goes on with a swipe of a finger. The application is effortless - you don't even need a brush. Yes, the tube looks small, but there is a ton of product there. If you used it everyday, I doubt you would run out in a year. The shade Alloy is perfection - a taupe with a lovely subtle sheen. If you are in the market for a new creme eyeshadow in taupe, give this one a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I love all of the creme eye shadow from this line of metallics and Laura Mercier is just a great brand. The consistency of these shadows, to a one, is smooth an easy to apply and work with. They can be used alone and applied quickly or used with other shadows to create any variation of a look you would want. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

This is hands-down the best, most flattering cream shadow there is. I always get compliments. The shimmer is nice & it doesn't irritate my eyes, like many other shimmer shadows do. I use it with a cream eye shadow brush & a little mascara & it looks just great, really brightens up your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mar7ini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The price of this eye shadow was what put me off 1 year ago when I first looked at it and considered buying it. I thought "well, there are so many other creamy eye shadows, I'll get a slightly cheaper one first".
In the meantime, I spent probably 5x as much looking for the perfect shade and consistency, never found it. So I went back to the LM counter and decided to give this one a go.

What a fantastic product. Stays on all day, never creases. Applies like a dream.
I love creamy eye shadows - they are so easy to apply, there is no fallout and the look is very modern. However - in most cases, only the matt shades look good on me. I am very skeptic when it comes to metallic/shimmery cream eye shadows - because for whatever reason, most of them just don't look good on my lids. Tested on the back of my hand, they look great but once they are on my lids, they usually look patchy. I had this problem especially with MAC paint pots, I guess they aren't creamy enough for me.
So before I bought this one, I tested it out by applying it directly to my lids with a synthetic brush. I was amazed - the consistency was exactly what I hoped it to be, it looked smooth and even on my eyelids, the shimmer was subtle and the effect was just the way other reviewers described it - polished, elegant and sophisticated. As for the color, I usually stay away from any eyeshadows with any hint of purple (they tend to make me look sick) so I thought this one would not be for me (I initially intended to buy Gold or Burnished Copper) but Alloy won with all the other shades I tested. Looks great with my blue eyes and pale skin, it also looks great on my friend whose eyes are green/hazel and who is more tanned than me.

Long story short, this is one of my best purchases in my make-up bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by maryandtheboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A gorgeous mauve/ taupe cream shadow that DOESN'T crease!!!. It has a metallic finish, but it isn't over the top, it looks very sophisticated and can be worn during the day if sheered out. I love the way this compliments my blue eyes, it's very pretty and wears beautifully on me for a good 8 hours. A very expensive little tube, but a tiny amount covers both eyes so it will last and last. Very impressed with this product from Laura Mercier.