Clinique Colour Surge Impossible Glossy

3.4

on 2/24/2008 12:22:00 AM

My grandmother gave me this product because it came packaged with a set and it wasn't her color (Azalea). I like it, although it is both drying and sticky, as pointed out be other reviewers. It is also thick, and doesn't last long. However, it does have a nice shine, and I like how the gloss has a vivid coloring. I probably wouldn't buy this product.

on 6/1/2007 9:46:00 AM

I was stuck in the SIngapore Changi Airport feeling bored so I picked up the travel pack version (5 tubes) at the duty free for AUD 60, I think.

Out of 5, I love 3 shades, am indifferent about one and am planning to give the last one to my best friend when I see her next - pinkish shades suit her well, I don't do pinky.

Great colour, pretty shimmers without looking tacky -- I don't believe that a girl could ask for more. The only downside about them is that they are a bit sticky but it's something I can live with.

Colours I recommend: Cherry Apple (my absolute fave), Sugarplum and Cream Soda.

on 4/6/2007 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use the color 119 Plum Passion by itself and over my Clinique silvery plum lipstick. This is the prettiest shade of plum. Gives color & high shine. I'm on my 2nd tube & just luvvv it!!

I found out they discontinued this entire line of glosses and I am sooooooo sad!!! I loved this one and sure thing :(

on 3/27/2007 12:20:00 AM

The salesgirl at Clinique convinced me to buy this product when I was picking up some powder and concealer. The product is just average. I find it thick and sticky, and the colour or shine isn't exceptional enough to warrant the price (17$ CAD) I've found much better lipglosses for much cheaper prices.

on 11/9/2006 5:02:00 PM

For the money you pay, you can purchase a better gloss. The lipgloss wore off very quickly, was drying and the color selection is very limited. Save your money for Lancome, Urban Decay, or Mac, where you get better quality, moisturizing lipgloss with better staying power and wider color selection.

on 2/26/2006 12:55:00 AM

I am a huge Impossibly Glossy fan. I don't know why it look so good, but it does. It makes my lips look pouty and slightly shimmery with the perfect amount of pigment. On the downside, the lasting power isn't as good as some of the very sticky glosses (lipglass, juicy tubes, etc..) But it doesn't dry the heck out of my lips like those glosses do either. The texture is much more comfortable. It just glides onto the lips and looks so sexy. I could go on about it forever but I think you get the picture!

on 9/26/2005 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I bought this in the Duty Free, in a moment of weakness. I paid 17.50 CAD.

I have this in 119 Plum Passion. This a a true plum colour, which I have been searching for, with a slight shimmer. There is a lot of product in the tube, I probably won't finish it. The tube is .47 fl oz or 14 mL.

The colour is nice. It is a sheer colour, and it has good pigment. The coverage is nice and glossy, but not as sticky as glosswear. I had pretty good staying power. I put it on this morning (using the matching sheer shaper in Plum Naked), I had a grande latte, a muffin, and lunch since then, and there was still a good bit of colour on my lips. I just re-applied, it should last through the rest of the day.

The only thing I do not like is the applicator. It is a squeeze-type, so there is no control over where the colour is going. I tried to do the best I could, but a lip brush is almost necessary for this. If you had a lighter colour, I am sure the applicator would not be such an issue.

I didn't like the product enough to buy more of them, in different colours, but the plum colour is very nice.

Recommended for Medium Skin