December 22, 2014 | 1163 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought these brushes when I was a make up novice. I have had them for literally like 10+ years.....yes that's right, that long ladies. Since purchasing, I have become way more comfortable, knowledgable, and into makeup....particularly my shadows......they are an obsession. Over this time period, I have gotten more brushes, I try to invest, because everyone says that your makeup is only as good as your brushes....but I invest within reason. I have Stila, Sephora, UD, and Ulta....but I always go back to these Essence brushes. The small brush is awesome for creating an outer V.....smudging out eye liner, or applying shadow as a liner. The larger brush is still small enough to get into the crease like nobody's business! For the price, these brushes are great! They rival my higher end brushes easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by viv5499

I got these on a sale for 50% off at CVS so they were about $3.50 and tottaly worth the price. Otherwise, they are a little expensive for just crease brushes but still pretty worth it. The small one is great but the bigger one shed like crazyyy until i washed it. I dont know if that was just mine or what because the smaller one never shed, but the larger one has stopped shedding now. They are soo soft and amazing for blending eyeshadow and even smudging eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Have you ever wanted to line your eyes but found that the products you used were a little harsh looking? Black eyeliner I am looking at you!! Well to soften the look, it is recommended to use a pencil brush. I tried Sephora's and Mac's version of the pencil brush and I ended up swapping them away because they did not do a good job for me. I found the Mac one too scratchy and the Sephora was too pointy and a little floppy. Enter the Essence of Beauty brush duo: They are just the right size, perfect stiffness, softness and ridiculously well priced!! I use UD pencil eyeliners and sometimes eyeshadows to line my lower lash line and the smaller of the two brushes, removes any harsh lines and smokes it out like a dream. Wow, did I just say that about a brush? Well, yes it does!

Thank you MUA and EmilyNoel83 on youtube for steering me right with these brushes. I had to go to 3 different CVS stores to find them, I guess the secret is out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to buy these after seeing the great reviews on MUA and because they were so cheap. Since I bought them over a year ago I have used them every day to apply eyeshadow to my crease. I usually use the bigger brush. They apply colour quite thickly so I then blend with MAC #224 or #217. They are soft and don't scratch the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I.DON'T.KNOW.WHY.I.WAITED.SO.LONG.TO.GET.THESE.BRUSHES.
Seriously...I have small eyes and have always been flustered by crease bruhes that were too big for my crease. Even the MAC 217 ends up depositing color all over the lid as well as the crease because it's just so darn big. The MAC pencil brush worked decently but tended to draw too thin of a line that was hard to blend out. Then I tried this and my eyeshadow has never looked so good. The larger of the two brushes is the PERFECT fit for my small crease. I bought these on the recommendation of Marlena the Makeup Geek. She knows her stuff! If you have small eyes, RUN, don't walk, to CVS and get these brushes!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Lovedogs841

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just purchased this brush duo, and am really liking. The larger one works really well for the crease, and the smaller one is perfect for doing the "outer v". :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for a good crease brush...I saw this on EmilyNoel83's channel so I figured I would try it out...These brushes are AMAZING. Especially the small crease..it was effortless to make a perfect V on the outter area of my eye...my makeup looks amazing and I think I found my HG crease brushes. Also, they were less than 7 bucks. Cannot go wrong with that

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by anapanics

I just purchased these today. I never really use brushes only for powder, for my eyes I just use the tiny applicators my eyeshadow comes with. These brushes are a big step up for me. I do feel like the larger brush should be a little less stiff and more fluffy. The bushes are still good though! And the price is great! There look feel and packaging is also nice too.

I would not purchase again because how many of these brushes to they need and I doubt they'll break!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by majanoren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry, but I am not really a fan of these brushes. I use the bigger one for crease color, and I find it does not apply eyeshadow evenly and it is a little too stiff and scratchy. The smaller one is an okay brush, I mainly use it to apply eyeshadow on my lower lid and to smudge eyeliner. These brushes are not terrible, but I would not purchase them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

I love this brush so much! I use it for more than just the crease, I use it for shadow in general. It's very soft and I like how small and compact it is. Picks up a lot of shadow with very little effort, and I've never had a problem with bristles falling out or becoming coarse. My HG eyeshadow brush - I prefer it even to MAC brushes. Inexpensive, too!