New York Color Liquid Lip Shine

Price: $

on 3/28/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the only lipgloss I have EVER repurchased! I have it in Chelsea pink and guava. Chelsea pink is my favorite! Its a beautiful light pink with gold shimmer. It has a lovely consistency not too sticky and it lasts for ages without eating or drinking. Guava is a much brighter pink which is perfect for spring and summer. It has the same consistency as Chelsea pink but wears off a little faster. This is an amazing gloss for only $2.

on 3/7/2015 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Bought this in the shade Fashion Ave Fuchsia, the coverage is good and the product lasts a long time. However, I am not too fond of the texture as it is very sticky on my lips and at times causes them to peel and/or dry. The packaging wears away very quickly and sometimes when opening and closing the lid, some of the product can smudge and get everywhere.

on 11/17/2014 9:14:00 AM

These are definitely an HG. Picked these up in rivington rose and nude York city at my local target. I'm not usually a big gloss fan anymore, gloss is always too sticky, or too thin and it runs outside my lip line. Not these! These glosses are amazing, they give your lips a nice shiny tint of color, go on smooth, aren't sticky or goopy, and don't run all over your face. They smell and taste awesome too! For $2, these are definitely worth picking up. Will be purchasing again!

on 9/16/2014 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in Nude York City, a sheer golden nude. I had searched high & low for a good nude with some gold in it to go with my golden/bronze eyeshadow looks and this fits the bill perfectly. It has a pretty strong taste & fragrance (vanilla) but it's not too overbearing. Price is fairly cheap (3 euros) so I'm pretty happy with it!

on 2/18/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are my HG lipglosses. I have used these for years. Rivington Rose is a gorgeous peachy-rose color on me. I have other colors, and each and every one of them are moisturizing and beautiful. They last long, and cure chapped lips. They have a faint coconutty smell, but I find it pleasant, not annoying. They are not packaged in anything fancy, but they have a great applicator and they just work!

on 10/25/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I got this in Fashion Ave Fuchsia and Midtown Mulberry.

Pros: smells great, cheap, wide color range, looks glossy

Cons: not pigmented, sticky, drying

I didn't really like the formulation of these and to get color transfer, you have to use 3-4 layers of product, which dries my lips out during winter time. The color is not too noticeable unless you get up close and personal even though Fashion Ave Fuchsia looked like it would be. The formulation is better than the old ones but definitely still a lot of room for improvement.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this on clearance because my drugstore was getting rid of NYC. These are super inexpensive and they're not a bad gloss. The colour is nice, and they're not overly sticky. They smell like vanilla / cake. I'm not a big lipgloss person so I like that these inexpensive ones are actually pretty good.

on 9/14/2013 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I use clear wand lip glosses to mix with my favorite colored micas. I was previously using the clear Wet'n'Wild glosses but I got very tired of the thin consistency that slid everywhere and wore off fast.

I like the NYC Liquid Shine clear gloss a LOT better. It's noticeably thicker without being tacky and has almost the same semi-bouncy, gel-type feel on the lips as some of my favorite Benefit Glosses -- a nice luxurious feel. For the same price as WnW I get more in the tube. The tube is nicer; the newer packaging looks adult and is a big step up from both the old, square, cheap-looking tubes and WnW's tubes with the annoying stickers you can never get off. The formula is thick enough to hold the micas in suspension instead of settling, and it lasts a lot longer on my lips.

It has a faint vanilla scent similar to MAC lipsticks, and no flavor. Overall it's an almost unbelievable quality for the price. I had been considering splashing out for a couple tubes of Sephora's store brand gloss in clear, but there's no way I'll do that now. The NYC Liquid Shine is just as nice and 1/7th the price.

on 9/13/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Purchased Rivington Rose and Wine N Dine. Mine must be a newer package design and reformulation as it looks nothing like the packaging pictured here and has a faint coconut scent. Had absolutely no expectation of either being keepers. Hubby commented on how great my lips looked, I looked in the mirror and realized I was wearing Rivington Rose (mid cool toned pink with adult shimmer, not chunky juvenile shimmer) which I had applied hours earlier. Wow. For a $2.30 CVS purchase this is amazing. On to Wine N Dine. I'm always on the lookout for a berry/burgundy/ deep red l/g that doesn't turn purple on my lips. Surprise: found one! This is a deep berry red w/o shimmer. Glides on smoothly and without incident. Dare I say this is really nice, IMO comparable to many HE glosses. Please wear lip liner when you gloss lest you have that greasy sloppy lip look that is offensive, IMO. Memo to gloss wearers who go on and on regarding staying power: gloss has virtually no staying power, regardless the brand! One lippie removed for the text on the tube.

This is my holy grail lip gloss! I have it in the following shades: wine n dine, city`s clear, big apple spice, rivington rose, and midtown mulberry. They have a slight vanilla scent which I happen to like. The wear time for me is about 3 hours. They leave my lips feeling soft and I have no issues with the gloss settling into my lip lines. The color payoff is amazing for how cheap these glosses are. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

Popular Lip Glosses