April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Liquid Lip Shine

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Shicurls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

These are my HG lipglosses. I have used these for years. Rivington Rose is a gorgeous peachy-rose color on me. I have other colors, and each and every one of them are moisturizing and beautiful. They last long, and cure chapped lips. They have a faint coconutty smell, but I find it pleasant, not annoying. They are not packaged in anything fancy, but they have a great applicator and they just work!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in Fashion Ave Fuchsia and Midtown Mulberry.

Pros: smells great, cheap, wide color range, looks glossy

Cons: not pigmented, sticky, drying

I didn't really like the formulation of these and to get color transfer, you have to use 3-4 layers of product, which dries my lips out during winter time. The color is not too noticeable unless you get up close and personal even though Fashion Ave Fuchsia looked like it would be. The formulation is better than the old ones but definitely still a lot of room for improvement.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I got this on clearance because my drugstore was getting rid of NYC. These are super inexpensive and they're not a bad gloss. The colour is nice, and they're not overly sticky. They smell like vanilla / cake. I'm not a big lipgloss person so I like that these inexpensive ones are actually pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I use clear wand lip glosses to mix with my favorite colored micas. I was previously using the clear Wet'n'Wild glosses but I got very tired of the thin consistency that slid everywhere and wore off fast.

I like the NYC Liquid Shine clear gloss a LOT better. It's noticeably thicker without being tacky and has almost the same semi-bouncy, gel-type feel on the lips as some of my favorite Benefit Glosses -- a nice luxurious feel. For the same price as WnW I get more in the tube. The tube is nicer; the newer packaging looks adult and is a big step up from both the old, square, cheap-looking tubes and WnW's tubes with the annoying stickers you can never get off. The formula is thick enough to hold the micas in suspension instead of settling, and it lasts a lot longer on my lips.

It has a faint vanilla scent similar to MAC lipsticks, and no flavor. Overall it's an almost unbelievable quality for the price. I had been considering splashing out for a couple tubes of Sephora's store brand gloss in clear, but there's no way I'll do that now. The NYC Liquid Shine is just as nice and 1/7th the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased Rivington Rose and Wine N Dine. Mine must be a newer package design and reformulation as it looks nothing like the packaging pictured here and has a faint coconut scent. Had absolutely no expectation of either being keepers. Hubby commented on how great my lips looked, I looked in the mirror and realized I was wearing Rivington Rose (mid cool toned pink with adult shimmer, not chunky juvenile shimmer) which I had applied hours earlier. Wow. For a $2.30 CVS purchase this is amazing. On to Wine N Dine. I'm always on the lookout for a berry/burgundy/ deep red l/g that doesn't turn purple on my lips. Surprise: found one! This is a deep berry red w/o shimmer. Glides on smoothly and without incident. Dare I say this is really nice, IMO comparable to many HE glosses. Please wear lip liner when you gloss lest you have that greasy sloppy lip look that is offensive, IMO. Memo to gloss wearers who go on and on regarding staying power: gloss has virtually no staying power, regardless the brand! One lippie removed for the text on the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by glossaddict89

This is my holy grail lip gloss! I have it in the following shades: wine n dine, city`s clear, big apple spice, rivington rose, and midtown mulberry. They have a slight vanilla scent which I happen to like. The wear time for me is about 3 hours. They leave my lips feeling soft and I have no issues with the gloss settling into my lip lines. The color payoff is amazing for how cheap these glosses are. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The only good thing I can say about this is the scent. Haha. I really dislike this because its so overly sticky and gross feeling

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by malibuvelouria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite lipgloss. I find myself buying a new shade to add to my collection everytime I'm at Target, which is a pretty cheap thrill because they're less than $3. So far, I have:
-Fashion Avenue Fuchsia (a very wearable pink, contrary to what it looks like in the packaging)
-Nude York City (the perfect nude gloss for my fair skintone)
-Honey on the Hudson (slightly deeper than Nude York City)
-Wine & Dine (a beautiful opaque wine color)
-City's Clear (basic clear gloss)
-Peach Melba (LE peachy shimmer shade)
The scent is delicious and I don't detect any sort of flavor. My lips feel cushiony and wonderful after applying. Do yourself a huge favor and try them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product on a whim because it's inexpensive and I was looking for a fuchsia gloss. I picked up the shade fashion avenue fuchsia and love it. The color is a sparkly blue toned pink and it smells like vanilla icing--yum! Recently NYC got new packaging for their cosmetics and I really enjoy the update because it no longer looks like the brand I wore when I was 10 years old! It looks more sophisticated and fresh, which I enjoy. This gloss packs a punch and leaves lips glossy and full of pigment, I took one lippy off because the staying power is average for lip gloss, only an hour or so of wear. Fashion Ave fuchsia is the perfect shade for summer and is dirt cheap, I much prefer this lip gloss to others I've tried in the same price range.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by allmyfriendsarecowboys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh this stuff is great!!! Here is my little story about NYC cosmetics (story time yea!!!) anyways...over the past two months or so I have become kind of obsessed with NYC cosmetics and this particular lip gloss. It goes on smooth (I love the long, flexible applicator), it has a fairly decent color payoff, it smells and tastes yummy!!! (think vanilla cupcakes...wow now I want a cupcake!), and it is super cheap. The price is good because if I am going to wear makeup at all I really don't want to splurge and break the bank and let me tell you...this does the job! I have it in Midtown Mulberry and Prospect Pink. I got Midtown Mulberry first and when I opened it, I wasn't expecting much. After I used it several times I loved it so much that I ran out and got Prospect Pink. I like both colors and although I have yet to try any other colors I'm sure that they are beautiful as well. Try these dirt cheap things!!! Seriously!!! Go NOW...you won't be let down. : )
*NEW COLOR UPDATE*
So I just picked this up in my third and most summery color "Fashion Avenue Fushia" and it is a beautiful pink. It's more shocking in the tube than it is on the lips so don't be scared of it being too bright. When it eventually wears off (after a couple of hours for me) it leaves a pretty lipstain look on my lips. I think this might be my favorite liquid lip shine color so far, but once again, I'm going to try more!!!