Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path Body Splash

3.6

on 6/3/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to love Avon's Night Magic Evening Musk, but find it just too strong for me to wear now. BBW's Moonlight Path is almost the same scent, but a little more powdery instead of musky and much, much lighter to wear. I love it - it's perfect to spritz on in the fall/winter time and it isn't too cloying to even wear in the evening before bed. I find it very calming to wear.

on 4/20/2015 3:53:00 PM

If the CEO of BBW came to me right now and told me that the scent for Moonlight Path has not changed I still would not be convinced.

I began using MP around 2003. in fact, I still have a bottle of the splash and bubble bath in the original bottles. But I also had lotions, body washes and the creamy body wash.

Around 2008/2009 BBW changed the packaging of their bodycare and that is when I noticed the change in scent. I have smelled the older products and newer products side by side and there is definitely a difference.

I LOVE the old scent. It's soft, powdery, purple, but has a sweet depth, is feminine and clean with a hint of soft white musk.

The new scent is almost manly and I can see how people compare it to men's shaving cream. It completely lacks depth.

I won't buy MP anymore. It's not the same. (much the same that the Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion was ruined with the packaging change as well!)

But my old MP products are wonderful and long lasting and light and soft and beautiful. What a shame!

on 2/3/2015 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a soft scent a comforting scent. I can see older more mature women liking this and not teens but its a classic. I prefer this at bedtime. Take a shower or bath and use this, wonderful. Calming and relaxing.

on 1/26/2015 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I personally love this scent because it's so comforting, especially on my bed and robe. I have the mist, so I wouldn't know how the EDT is like with its different notes. I wouldn't use this outside the house all the time, because, as my boyfriend said, it smells too strong. My friend also said she didn't like this scent. So, it's not for everyone. However, there were a few times where I have sprayed this, and my boyfriend would come close to me 15 minutes later, and say that I smell like potpourri, which he liked. My co-worker also caught a whiff of it when I had it on, and said I smelled good. So this is a dodgy scent. I have an unbiased liking for this one. It doesn't remind me of an old lady, but it's the kind of thing I wear for "me time" or "alone time", because it's so peaceful and calming. The dry down smells like potpourri, and I remember liking that scent. I just use it at home, or when I'm going out for short errands where I wouldn't have to spray again.

I wouldn't say don't buy this product, because it smells so cozy once it dries down. Try it out, just be careful how you use it lol.

on 7/29/2014 6:41:00 AM

Love the sent! Sweet but not to sweet

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like this scent for myself but I do enjoy it for my home.

I love this scent it smells very clean & fresh .I am suprised at some reviews that call it
an old lady fragrance I dissagree with that .classic perfumes is very chic & you do
not have to use fruity or sweety fragrances to be modern

on 1/28/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ewww! This smells like liquid old lady. Seriously, it is as though Bath and Body Works rounded up a senior's home and rendered the purple haired masses into a vat, ground everything up, squeezed out a sludge and placed it into bottles with spray tops. Throw in some baby wipes, women's deodorant and the disinfectant they use to clean public toilets and you wind up with something similar to, but more olfactory pleasing than Moonlight Path.
Sickening stuff that I assume the 70's smelled of, and the reason so many turned to cocaine to lift their moods. If PTSD had a smell, this would be it. This is what the Unibomber's house smelled like. The dog that bit you as a child - this is what made him go mad in the first place. This is the national scent of North Korea.

Can you tell I dislike this scent?

on 1/21/2014 8:55:00 PM

I had a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. At first i felt that it smelled like baby powder and old people but it honestly grew onto me. It didn't take long for me to change my mind. I felt like it smelled really calming and just clean. I especially liked this scent right after a long bath or shower.

on 11/18/2013 4:48:00 PM

I think this is a very good perfume. I just love it. Does anyone know where to buy it?

Popular Fragrances