July 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Garden Spices

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeupandsoshouldyou

First of all, the only thing that gets me about this is the flimsy packaging. The darkest shade is Green Velvet which is a dark green w/ lots of obvious gold glitter. Medium shade is Sea Foam a light lime-ish yellow toned shimmery green and Sun Sparkle; a very pale green w/ yellow undertones and a tiny bit of shimmer. I love all these shades because they're SO wearable. I love wearing them all together, using the darkest one wet as a liner and the medium in crease and lightest as a highlighter. I love these colors for autumn and I'm really impressed w/ this. For 4 bucks, I don't think you can go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Garden Spices is a perfect trio of greens for fall, and for being Cover Girl, the quality is actually quite nice. This trio consists of Sun Sparkle; a very pale shimmery yellow toned ivory, Seafoam; a gorgeous shimmery golden limey-yellow green, and Green Velvet; medium olive/avocado green with a lime undertone and yellow-gold glitter. I really like the soft texture and blend-ability of this trio. I do experience some glitter fallout with Green Velvet, but it is nothing compared to Urban Decay or Maybelline glitter eye shadow fallout. Green Velvet reminds me of Prestige Verdigris, but the former is less yellowy in tone and the glitter is finer and less intense. Iím very pale and these colours show up well on me with a couple layers (except for the palest shade, but it works as a highlighter) but for ladies with darker skin tones these colours might be lacking in intensity. Garden Spices will be a nice accent to my eyes this fall season.