Cover FX Cover Fx - Powder Fx

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 3.0%, Titanium Dioxide 3.50% Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Camellis Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Fruit Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetitic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone, Copolymer, Polyethylene, Alumina. May Contaim: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77492), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 10/4/2015 10:10:00 PM

has no smell, doesn't clog pores, and doesn't leave skin 'cakey' BUT, after about 30mins- hour of application, my T-zone shines again so I wont repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this product but it doesn't wow me. I does an okay job with medium to light coverage but any oil seeps though within a few hours and I feel like I have to re-powder. It doesn't give me break outs, so that's a plus.

on 8/23/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it!!!! Makes my makeup stay on ALL DAY LONG

on 8/19/2014 2:01:00 AM

Very chalky finish that settled into my fine lines. Gave my skin a grey tinge. I used daily and hit the pan after a month.

on 8/16/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This fades quickly and doesn't have good staying power. It also made my face dry even when I had moisturizer on! Very weird...I'm using tarte now which has good staying power and doesn't dry out my face.

on 7/19/2014 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

There are three things I want from a foundation: excellent coverage, mattifying properties to the extreme, and longlasting superpowers.

This foundation has the first two.

"Oh, that doesn't sound so bad," you say. "It's a powder compact, so it's easy to carry and reapply, right?"

I was once naive as well.

You see, you put this on and it looks AMAZING. FULL coverage, and shine is friggin' dominated and beat down. Great!! doesn't even last for an hour. The effect lasts about as long as a fart in the wind. Reapplying it is a fool's errand. If you go to just quickly powder your nose, it blends in with any and all oil/sweat on your face and creates this disgusting, cakey, dark swirl on your nose. Blending it out is a pipe dream; the more you try to blend it out, the more oil you introduce into this strange pseudo-paste you're pushing around your face and into your pores; suddenly, your face looks like it's covered in dark dots. Awesome. Blotting with oil sheets before reapplication doesn't help, either. You end up in the same predicament.

Rather than absorbing oil as your face produces it, this product seems to rise and sit on TOP of the oil. The product will become completely displaced on the oily parts of your face. One single strand of hair that falls will create bizarre imprints in it--the first time this happened, I was pretty confused as to why I had lines all over my face. One pesky loose hair did me in. Oh, and don't even answer your phone; your face will transfer onto it. So gross.

This stuff is great! I've been using for some years now and it always works great. Coverage diminishes quickly, and can darken in some areas (I think due to the oil absorbing qualities) so it's good to make sure your face is totally dry before applying. Best to apply concealer afterwards with this one.

on 5/20/2014 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The worst powder I have ever used.
Dusty, chalky, awful texture. I don't think it blends well. It felt heavy on my face. Unless you want to look like clown face... don't use it.
This product is not worth the price. I have used much better powders for less.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite powder! I love it so much. I wish it would come with more product and it was a little cheaper... but it's worth purchasing for sure. I have a few dark spots and I always have to be extremely cake in that area and sadly it still doesn't cover it.. but cover fx really covers acne/dark spots/age spots/blemishes amazingly! I'm in love with this product. It is extremely pigmented.

on 11/12/2013 6:10:00 AM

***This review is for the original version called "Powder Fx"
I just got this a few days ago after a long search for a powder foundation that's pale enough to match me...It was between this (Powder Fx) and Pur Minerals 4 in 1 powder. Just looking at it I didn't think it would be pale enough, it looked a little too pink/orange, BUT when I applied it, it was a perfect colour match. >>>FYI.. I'm VERY pale. MAC NW/NC-15 is too dark and so are 98% of cosmetic collections...even the lightest shades. UNFORTUNATELY, I also have a bit of redness and pink acne scars left over from past acne struggles, so I NEED to wear foundation. I was using MAC Studio Fix powder foundation in the shade N3, but found it a touch too pink and a little bit's good, but I want better. WELL I'm not that into Powder Fx either.
* good coverage..about a medium+ (can be just light if you want it to be)
* perfect colour match for my super pale skin that's hard to match..(shade E0)

* very matte/chalky...a bit flat looking
* I could feel it on..felt dry and tight
* never really "melded" into my skin even after having it on for hours...remained very matte/powdery looking
* I don't think it has good staying power...I just applied it and sat around the house watching tv, and somehow I looked at my face 5-6 hours later and it looked rubbed off...I know I didn't touch my face or eat anything messy (the parts that were still there were still matte/powdery........BTW I was wearing primer under it and ELF HD setting powder over it.

I applied it 3 different side of my face w/ a kabuki brush, one side with a round sponge and on my forehead I applied it w/ the applicator it came with.
>>>pat-pressing it on with the round sponge gave the best coverage and look

IF you have super oily skin and really like a matte finish ...maybe give this a try
I'm going to exchange it for the Pur Minerals 4 in 1 ...if that doesn't work and I can't find anything else ...who knows maybe I'll come back to this and get a more moisturizing primer or something
I paid $35 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart
***also I see that Cover Fx came out with a new version of this without talc called "Pressed Mineral Foundation"....I could try that too.