April 18, 2014 | 1990 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by makeup0bsessedx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder! I love it so much. I wish it would come with more product and it was a little cheaper... but it's worth purchasing for sure. I have a few dark spots and I always have to be extremely cake in that area and sadly it still doesn't cover it.. but cover fx really covers acne/dark spots/age spots/blemishes amazingly! I'm in love with this product. It is extremely pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

***This review is for the original version called "Powder Fx"
I just got this a few days ago after a long search for a powder foundation that's pale enough to match me...It was between this (Powder Fx) and Pur Minerals 4 in 1 powder. Just looking at it I didn't think it would be pale enough, it looked a little too pink/orange, BUT when I applied it, it was a perfect colour match. >>>FYI.. I'm VERY pale. MAC NW/NC-15 is too dark and so are 98% of cosmetic collections...even the lightest shades. UNFORTUNATELY, I also have a bit of redness and pink acne scars left over from past acne struggles, so I NEED to wear foundation. I was using MAC Studio Fix powder foundation in the shade N3, but found it a touch too pink and a little bit chalky...it's good, but I want better. WELL I'm not that into Powder Fx either.
GOOD:
* good coverage..about a medium+ (can be just light if you want it to be)
* perfect colour match for my super pale skin that's hard to match..(shade E0)

BAD:
* very matte/chalky...a bit flat looking
* I could feel it on..felt dry and tight
* never really "melded" into my skin even after having it on for hours...remained very matte/powdery looking
* I don't think it has good staying power...I just applied it and sat around the house watching tv, and somehow I looked at my face 5-6 hours later and it looked rubbed off...I know I didn't touch my face or eat anything messy (the parts that were still there were still matte/powdery........BTW I was wearing primer under it and ELF HD setting powder over it.

I applied it 3 different ways...one side of my face w/ a kabuki brush, one side with a round sponge and on my forehead I applied it w/ the applicator it came with.
>>>pat-pressing it on with the round sponge gave the best coverage and look

IF you have super oily skin and really like a matte finish ...maybe give this a try
I'm going to exchange it for the Pur Minerals 4 in 1 ...if that doesn't work and I can't find anything else ...who knows maybe I'll come back to this and get a more moisturizing primer or something
I paid $35 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart
***also I see that Cover Fx came out with a new version of this without talc called "Pressed Mineral Foundation"....I could try that too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wanted to love this but sadly, it's just another average, overpriced powder foundation.
I purchased this as an alternative to my MAC Studio Fix because the ingredients are better for sensitive skin and I like powder foundation for everyday makeup and liquid for going out/nighttime.
Been using this off and on for about 2 months, here are my thoughts:

AS COMPARED TO STUDIO FIX POWDER FOUNDATION:
coverage not as opaque and does not wear as long. As much as the ingredients in MAC make me itch sometimes, studio fix really doesn't need to be layered much to get medium coverage. I'd say the coverage from this product is along the lines of drugstore powder foundation unless you really spend time layering and buffing it in.

Compact is very similar to the MAC one but feels cheaper and not as sturdy. This is annoying to me because Cover FX is more expensive and they shouldn't skimp on packaging. the sponge sucks, I use a brush in the am and save it for touch ups at work.

Texture is a bit gritty/grainy compared to MAC. Not horrible but I was really hoping this would be superior to Studio Fix since is nearly $40!

Oil control is better than Studio Fix which is awesome. I get oil after about 1-2 hours with MAC, this stuff keeps oil at bay for 3-4 depending on what I'm doing. Keep in mind, I have sensitive oily skin and do wear glasses to work so oil in the tzone pretty much can't be avoided all day. I've accepted that and adjusted my expectations of beauty products accordingly.

Color range rocks which is mostly unusual when shopping for powder foundation. Not surprised since this line was created by former MAC artists. I use N4 in MAC and they gave me N20 in cover FX. It was a little paler than the N4 but once it warms up to my skin, it was fine.

This doesn't make me itch like MAC does but...it breaks me out a little :( Whenever I wear it, I swear I wake up the next day with a pimple somewhere. And yes, I remove makeup and cleanse at night with products I know my skin likes. It's definitely this powder that does it.

Doesn't seem to sink into pores as much as Studio Fix does but maybe that because the coverage isn't as good so it's not as noticeable?

Overall, I would say this is an ok product that has some good points but it was way overpriced for me and will not be my go to powder foundation. If you have sensitive skin that is not dry or oily and and you want light/med coverage, you might like this if you budget allows it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. At first, I hated it. But that was because I was using it incorrectly. Proper application is key to making cosmetic products work and because this powder foundation is pigmented and contains talc and a sunscreen, it is easy to overdo it.
Firstly, the sponge that the compact comes with should only be used for touch ups. If you think that the finish looks cakey, well, the sponge is the culprit. I learned the hard way.
It is best to apply with a small-medium sized brush over primed skin. Primer is important so that the powder has something to adhere to. Mineral powders are technically magnetic and bind together, but I find the finish looks a lot nicer with a primed skin. I like to use the ELF Studio Small Tapered brush for application because it's not too big and is dense, so it doesn't create much fall out. Fall out tends to be a huge problem with powder foundations.
Another issue I had when I initially used this product was the color choice. I matched a shade perfectly to my skin tone, but it ended up making me look garish and vampy. I later found out this was because of the combination of talc and sunscreen in the formula. I switched to a shade darker and it works much better. It looks flawless! I would suggest going a shade darker if you feel it looks "off" on your skin, or possibly trying the same shade number but with a different undertone.
This could also be used to add extra coverage over top your liquid foundation.
My only gripe with this product is the lasting power on my somewhat oily skin. By mid day I will be shiny and need a touch up. This is not long wearing by any means. If you pair it with their Matte FX powder, it does help control oil better. But this should only be a concern if you're like me and get oily fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by ericavander

Bought this at Shoppers the other day after falling in live with CoverFX liquid foundation. After hearing that the same chemist behind MAC is also behind CoverFX, I didn't mind spending $35 for this compact. It has awesome coverage - perfect for those quick trips to the grocery store when I don't want to fully apply my makeup. This is also great for setting my liquid foundation if you just lightly tap the compact and shake out the excess. My skin is quite acne-prone, and this powder makes my skin look flawless! I'm in LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love for oily skin amazing

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by bklescewski

I have to admit, the new formula for this foundation is terrible. It is chalky, extremely yellow (coming from someone with yellow undertones...) and does not cover as well as the old formation. WHY do these companies keep taking away products that are loved by it's customers?? I really don't understand the point of taking a perfectly good product and "re-vamping" it into something "better" that actually is no where near as good as the original. The same goes to MakeUpForever Duo Mat..

Overall, I didn't have a good experience with the new formula, and will not be repurchasing or recommending this to anyone any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by hearthayley

I have horrible sensitive skin when it comes to acne... Usually foundations (I have yet to find a good liquid one) give me small little whiteheads all over my face. But this covers very well for being a power foundation, plus no break outs! Would definitely recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

-Coverage- Sheer to Medium
-My shade - M50, willing to try m40. (Medium golden/olive skin)
-Longevity alone- Shine within 4-6 hours... T zone troubles
-Doesn't break me out
-Used with a kabuki, the sponge applicator is crap
- Doesn't effectively set my liquid foundations...
- *meh*
- Won't consider repurchasing till I try something new

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do like this product. The packaging is nice and slim. It fits into my cosmetic bag nicely. It doesn't crumble and make a mess of my bag.
One thing that I really like about CoverFX is that I am able to find my exact match.
This product goes on so nicely, it's "invisible" in that it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, it covers so nicely and smoothly. Mattifes really well. I use a giant kabuki brush, swirl it lightly on the powder and press/tap it onto my face.
It's pricey for a powder but I use so little of it that it will last a ver long time.