September 18, 2014 | 2171 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover FX - Cover FX - Matte FX

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

NOTE: I believe the updated name for this product is: Blotting Powder (that's what I'm writing my review for).
When I first applied this powder it seemed to work well (and the lightest color was perfect for my fair yellow-toned skin). HOWEVER, literally within 20 minutes my oil started to break through. I had to blot my face double the amount I normally do throughout the day. I tried using different powder brushes for application, but the result was the same. I returned it to Sephora after a week of use. I like that this is portable and the packaging is designed well, but the performance was not good. Maybe for some it will control oil, but not for my oil-slick skin. :( The best natural oil-control powder I have found so far is Jane Iredale's Pure Matte Finish powder...it's more expensive and less portable (compact is heavy), but performs well above Cover Fx.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Leshly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is very cute and small. I like to have powder compacts with me at all times during school hours so I am able to keep this in my pocket.

I returned this piece of crap after two days of having it sitting in my room. I have really oily skin and this doesn't control oil for very long and the main reason I hated this powder so much is because it oxidizes! After a few hours my nose turned completely orange and I will not walk around looking like a oompa loompa. My boyfriend was even making fun of me from this problem.

Never buying this again I don't like the orange face. A better product is the MAC Blot Powder because it's completely translucent even if they have it in different colors, and it keeps me oil free for up to 4 hours after every touch up. As much as I love Cover FX's Concealer, their powder did not do it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

I use this as a setting powder after buffing in my MUFE foundation.

It does a good job - doesn't make me look cakey and keeps me oil free for a few hours. I don't take this along with me to blot throughout the day (I use blotting sheets for that)

It's a good price for what it is considering it's a high end brand. I'm on my 3rd compact and it does last for a fairly long time (the way I'm using it at least)

For those who complain about the powder becoming hard - if you're using this throughout the day and dipping the sponge back onto the product over and over that's the problem. You're sealing the product with a layer of oil from your skin. All you have to do is scratch off a bit from the top and you can still use it! I hope that helps :>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Naturalbeautee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive only used this product a couple times because I'm scare it's going to break me out. But when I have used it I havnt experienced any breakouts. My only downfall is the colors they offer. I got the dark but I think it's too dark for me, so I have to use it very lightly and blend it in very well, but the medium I know will be too light for me. So far I like it.......EDIT....THIS STUFF SUCKS!!!! The powder gets hard and u can't get anything out...idk wtf I was thinking buying this crap. Will never repurchase again!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I've been using Mac Blot, & I like it way better than this powder. After a while, I noticed this powder started to make me look orange. Mac Blot doesn't, which is why I will not be buying this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sabekkach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was one of the better oil absorbing powders I have used. Definitely not my HG. Then again, I don't have an HG.
I'll probably keep using this until I find what I am looking for.

The powder would probably be great for someone with average oily skin but definitely not for my out-of-control oil problem.

Also, I have giant pores and this seemed to magnify them. A fact I was willing to overlook because I thought the mattifying power was one of the best ones I have used.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by slightlystarry

Probably the best mattifying powder I've used so far, but not quite an HG product. I have problems with shine on my nose/forehead area, so I thought I'd give this a try. It definitely does an amazing job of mattifying the skin right off the bat (probably better than any other powder out there), but the matte effect only lasts for about an hour on me before I find I have to reapply. Still, if you don't mind reapplying consider trying this out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i like it! i use it over cliniques acne solutions liquid foundation. this powder is a good setting powder. i only have oil in my nose and a little on my forehead, but the nose gets much more oily. i like this powder because it does controil oil, but not all day. i need to touch up every two hours or so, but thats okay since its only my nose. the packaging looks nice but feels cheap and almost empty. its a little bit difficult to open. also you might need to buff your brush into the compact because its sort of hard to get alot of product. thats the only complaint, but overall this powder is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by mariyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great invisible oil controller, with a finely milled texture when placed on skin. Great to be used on bare skin for lightly balancing out shine and minor discolouration.

I do find the product to be super densely pressed which can make it difficult to pick up product. However, a light scraping with a stiff brush could easily pick up product. A grinding mechanism (ala Smashbox's Halo Perfecting Powder) would be ideal!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great for oily skin! For touch ups during the day this is my HG product. I use a thick bristle kabuki to apply it, though, I find it gets more powder out of it. Leaves me oil free and ready to go another few hours before needing a quick re-application. Doesn't feel heavy at all or change the way my makeup looks.