July 30, 2014 | 1478 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - The Makeup Lifting Foundation SPF 16

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is extremely dry, can be sensitive and has some redness on my t-zone to cover. I don't have acne or scarring. I am really impressed with this foundation so far. I applied it with the Shiseido foundation brush. I stipple it on the area requiring more coverage and brush it on the areas that didn't require as full a coverage. It lasted really well and didn't dry my skin out. I've tried Lanc�me Teinte Idole, Chanel Perfect Lumiere, Nars Sheer Glow - none of them have worked for me. I had been using Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, but was looking for something a little lighter feeling. I also like to switch things up occasionally.

The only reason that I didn't give it 5 was because it didn't completely cover the redness. I don't have a lot of luck using concealers. They always dry out my skin and make it look worse. To cover the red completely I applied a minute amount of LM Silk Creme with a beauty blender sponge just on my cheeks. The two products worked really well together.

I would consider this foundation as medium coverage and LM Silk Creme as full. It is definitely more natural looking than LM SC. I wouldn't recommend this product combo/oily or oily. For combo/dry and dry skin, it works very well. Because my skin is so dry right now, I used a heavier moisturizer underneath and the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer.

EDIT:
This stopped working for my skin. Over time it seemed to make my skin dryer. The dryer my skin got, the less it covered. It became like the other foundations I had tried where my skin seemed to eat the foundation. Unfortunately I wasn't able to return it, but I have stopped using it all together.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

DESCRIPTION/GENERAL:
Described as a full coverage, moisturising anti-aging foundation with dewy finish. Supposed to last 12 hours. 45 dollars for 30 ml (1 oz).

SHADE and MY SKIN:
Now I am very pale with slight yellow undertones (BEHOLD, other brands, one must NOT be pink because they are pale!) I am about NC10, but that doesn't exist in MAC foundations, but NW10 does and it seems to work. A little uneven skin with small whiteheads on my cheeks sometimes, and some (just a little) discolouration and a little redness.
I am most certainly impressed with Shiseido's shade range. I had never really found a great match in foundations before I met this foundation! (I have now also discovered that MUFE Mat Velvet in 15 Alabaster works, and NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia is good as well, just a bit more yellow. I mostly use MAC Pro Longwear Concealer mixed with Illamasqua Skin Base in White, 50/50).

"O" = Ochre = Yellow/Warm
"I" = Ivory = Neutral
"B" = Beige = Pink/Cool

I got this in O00 Very Light Ochre, the palest yellow shade. I found that I00 also works on me, which is the palest neutral shade. I haven't tried B00 but since it's more pink I probably wouldn't match it. I have also tried Shiseido's other foundations, and the shades don't seem to vary alot but don't quote me on that.

TEXTURE/PRODUCT FEEL:
This feels like a gel like liquid, or thick liquid, kind of like MAC Studio Sculpt. Doesn't dry too quickly, is moisturising and dewy. Very easy to blend unlike others I have tried (MUFE Mat Velvet and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer). I have never had a problem with a foundation feeling "like a mask", same with this, so I can't say anything about that, but this is a pretty thick liquid with full coverage so keep that in mind.
This is also high in silicones (great for mature skin and wrinkles), so if you're sensitive, beware.

COVERAGE:
Definitely at least medium, I would say full coverage. You can make this what you want it to be, you can sheer it out with moisturiser or primer, or simply apply just a little product. You can layer it without it caking, but it already has so good coverage.

FINISH:
Sets to a satin/dewy finish. If you're oily you will have to powder but if you're oily this foundation isn't for you in the first place (but you can always try it out). Doesn't accentuate flakiness, doesn't set in pores or lines. Works fine without powder but powder makes it last longer.

LONGEVITY:
So to the only problem, which is the reason I skip this sometimes. I don't find this lasts as long as other foundations I have tried (especially MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, which I use as a foundation, lasts very long). This claims to last 12 hours, and it looks okay after 12 hours but not perfect like when you first put it on. My favourite long lasting foundation is MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, which looks as good all the time. If you're oily you will find this melts away faster than you're used to, but on dry skin it can be fine. It's hard for me to tell what will last on other people's skin.

CONCLUSION: I would give this a 5 if it wasn't for the lasting power. Will repurchase because I love the shade, feel and finish.

P.S, I use NARS Loose Powder in Snow or Flesh to set this and Smashbox Photo Finish Primer to prime.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After many weeks of testing foundation samples (Dior, Chanel (the worst), Clinique, Clairins, Lancome, Hourglass, Almay) I am now on my second sample package of Shiseido's Lifting foundation SPF 17 and I'm really liking it. It has medium coverage, does not oxidize and it's not greasy on my skin. The finish is soft, velvety and compatible with my mature skin. The SA associate matched me with B20 as I'm fair, but one of the sample packets, 020 is what I prefer. This foundation is lovely with the Shisedo blush in Petal RS302 and their Rouge lipstick in Blush RD734.

I recommend this product for mature skin, not younger women under 30 unless you have uneven skin tone and premature lines and wrinkles.

Update: This is a good product but on my skin, it became glowy or dewy after several hours --- not the finish or look I want. It seemed to emphaisize my maronette lines and dry patch on my chin. The B20, the only color that came close to a match on my skin slighty oxidized.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by deliah008

I have fair skin with yellow/pink undertones. I bought O20 (best match), and it was a good match in terms of color (very little oxidation). However, after wearing for 3 days, this went back to Nordstrom (sorry, Nordie's!). It had horrible staying power - moved and shifted after 3 hours. And, yes, it is shimmery. Glowy, but shimmery. I had a white film over my skin - not cool for any age.

The makeup lady did my mom's makeup with B40. It moved less on her skin (she has dry skin, 60+) but looked too glowy for her after 3+ hours. The glow-fish look for a non-party-goer is not the look she was going for.

Coverage was not medium - on the light side. Pinkness did not go away.

For the money, I bought myself Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland. Does not budge and less glowy (I touch my skin and does not come away with color).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shiseido describe this as full coverage "lifting" foundation. I think its medium coverage as it doesn't cover that many imperfections and looks quite natural.
The "lifting" part is shimmer, its very very fine and adds a beautiful glow. I've got oily skin and it didn't look greasy, didn't highlight imperfections or pores. It does wear off quickly and transfer onto clothing so it has to be set with translucent powder. No annoying scent. I found it itched my skin which I put down to the shimmers (probably Mica which irritates me). Oxidises moderately.

I tried the shade "I20 Natural Light Ivory", It is a neutral based to slightly yellow undertone around NC15 - 20. It was too dark for me but they didn't have the lightest shade "I00 Very light Ivory" in stock.

"O" = Ochre = Yellow/Warm
"I" = Ivory = Neutral
"B" = Beige = Pink/Cool

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got matched to fair ivory (I-40 I believe) too light and pink! I'm NC35 at my lightest...curse you deceiving department store lighting! I couldn't get a sample so I actually bought it. UGH. Okay, let me start of with the pros:

-I love the texture, thick & creamy. Not running at all. Feels so velvety soft and luxurious. (should be! It's the most expensive foundation I own right now)
-No chemical smell. Actually, I don't think it smells like anything really.
-Love the pump, but hate the bottle (looks a little ugly honestly)
-Love the finish (a satin finish)

But what I don't like about it is:

-although it says 'full coverage', it's not...atleast not how I like it.
-the color was off (too light & pink)
-the wear isn't that great
-I asked for 'full coverage' but this is geared towards normal/dry skin, whereas I have oily skin, which I guess is why it doesn't last long on me. The foundation for oily skin is sheer/buildable to medium coverage.
-Horrible with flash photography (casper anyone?)

It's a nice foundation, I'm not sure I would repurchase. I lost the receipt so I can't get a refund but I might be able to get an exchange (for a darker shade). I've had this for a week and used it twice...maybe I should swap it here instead? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This is a really amazing foundation!! I, like many women, are SO hard to please when it comes to foundations- i am combo- oily skinned, light tan nc35-37 in studio fix fluid. I hate mac's colouring though- im somewhere inbetween nc35 and 40 but thye are SO orange, and i need a full coverage foundation as i love that flawless look!! I have this in 060, perfect shade although i could do with an 080 if it existed...which i dont think it does. I personally love that its thick, over moisturised skin it just glides on and covers everything and as long as u know how to apply foundation, blending it out and applying in natural light i dont see how this foundation gives a 'mask' effect or looks 'obvious'. I think MAC studio fix fluid looks much worse in real life (In photos its nice) Im considering using this for my wedding but i dont know how it photographs?? Otherwise really amazing foundation that i always go back to and know i can rely on

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by susan717

I have found the best foundation and this is it. Everyone says I have good skin when I wear this. The color is just perfectly matches my skin tone. I use I20 and it blends so well into my skin. I have tried so many other foundations before and it was terrible because it doesn't match my skin tone and broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ToniGazelle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. To the reviewers who mentioned it as being too thick, I thin it out by adding several drops of rose hip oil to it. Which is not easy to do since the thin pump format makes it hard to mix in. I'd prefer a way to mix things in more easily since I like to experiment a bit.

Still, once I mix it in I find that with my dry skin the thinned foundation goes on easier and smoother. The rose hip oil addition also makes the foundation last longer and adds an anti-aging effect.

For super fine application apply sesame formula shower oil first. Pat dry leaving only a trace. Apply foundation and allow adequate time to dry. Finish off with an appropriate powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Twimum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! I'm sure I've tried just about every foundation out there, everything from the supermarket to the most expensive and I think I've finally found my HG of foundation. The sales lady told me this was a 'full coverage' foundation and it does give great coverage but it doesn't feel heavy at all, in fact I forget that I'm wearing it. Glides on beautifully and gives a lovely smooth and luminous look without being shiny. Pricey but most definitely worth the cost for the results.