August 23, 2014 | 1098 users online

Liquid - Studio Gear - matte foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Lejlaaax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation was my holy grail. It literally covers up EVERY single acne scar, and active blemishes. This foundation works amazing for coverage. I've used it for 3 years. But I've finally found one that's way cheaper and slightly better foundation is awesome but it rubs off to easily and makes my skin oily, so I changed it. My skin did not breakout from this foundation, it actually helped it by a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by nameste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have freckles and I don't like them, so when I went shopping for a good foundation several years ago to cover up ALL of my freckles, this is what an Ulta employee suggested. I have used nothing but this ever since. The only downside is that if I have a long day, it tends to rub off if I ever put my hands on my face. It is water based and unlike most foundations, it will wash off with JUST WATER. I'm sure this is why it rubs off easily, but if it's water soluble, it's VERY good for your skin. I highly recommend this for anyone with dry or combination skin. Not good for very oily skin.

It is very buildable so you can use more to cover up dark spots and use less on other areas and it'll still look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by esluka

Great foundation. I have a fair skin tone and chose natural and it blends perfectly. I have had no flaws or irritations using the foundation. I use it over moisturizer and under a loose bronzer and it lasts all day/night. I am very happy with this foundation and since I am running low, I have added it to my Birthday wish list!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by verysmallkisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes my face look flawless! It was a bit expensive, though I bought it in store (Ulta), and is seemingly much cheaper online. Regardless, I feel it was worth every penny! After using drugstore foundation for years and years, it just looks so much better, and it matches my skin tone almost exactly.

I've not experienced any excess oily-ness that other reviewers are mentioning, nor excess dryness. I'm very happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dariagabriel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like how the product feels on my face the first couple of hours . However after a couple hours my skin becomes SO oily and shiny its rediculous. I do like the coverage its not heavy at all on my face. But I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily or combination skin .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This is NICE and not nearly as expensive as the foundations I've been using lately. I've been into Guerlain foundations for a while but wanted something w/out ss and the Ulta girl recommended this brand. I am really glad she did. It is much cheaper than I am used to paying because I believe in splurging on foundation as it can make or break a thirty eight year old face. I will be sticking w/this one for a while. It is not drying at all, covers well and wears longer on me than Guerlain does. Very impressed w/this brand so far and I'm going to be testing more from this brand...
**edit 7/2012 ~ after a while my skin has become very dry, I'm attributing to this as I've never ever had dry skin before and this is all I've changed. Switching it out...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ariellezbellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, this is the only good foundation I've ever tried. It makes my skin look nice, even, and covers many blemishes. I doesn't cling to flakes or make me look dry. It doesn't last too long, so I wish it would be better in that department. I don't think this is my HG but for my first high end foundation, I liked it and I thought it was worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by caharris10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally found a foundation that matches my skintone (Praline). Praline looks too dark for me in the bottle but matches well. I probably would have never tried this color but the Ulta staff fixed me up. I've been wearing this for about 3 months now. Although its matte, it still has a slight sheen which I like. It's not super drying; not overly oily. Coverage is medium and buildable. This does get shiney, but it's not sliding off my face. I'm not crazy about liquids but out of all foundations I've tried (there are many), this one is the best. I love the pump, helps keep the makeup free from bateria; but make sure the top is closed tightly! I didn't do that and had a mess. The price is great too at $24.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by satellite99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a liquid foundation to use during the winter when my normally combo to oily skin is on the dry side. I have discoloration and scars so I prefer buildable medium to heavy coverage. The problem with this foundation is poor color match for my very yellow Asian skintone, roughly NC25-30. Finish is flawless and its just tacky enough without getting slick or shiny that I can add a yellow powder corrector for setting and get a natural finish without looking powdery which is a problem with most oil-free foundations. During the warmer months, I know I will go back to mineral powder foundation because this will get oily. The price of $24 is a good mid-range that doesn't break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Emmyoscar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolute BEST foundation I've ever tried hands down. But before I talk about the pros, i will discuss cons. This foundation is no exception to the matte=oily scenario. After like two hours the shine is really apparent (although it does apply totally matte). But although my whole face gets shiny, with this foundation even when my skin is oily, the foundation doesnt slide around. So definatly bring powder with you because after 5 hours you will definatly look like a disgusting greaseball. Now for the Pros.
I do makeup a lot on people, and sometimes before they come over I practice the look on me first. And more times than others I'm really pressed for time and am LITERALLY glopping the foundation on my face... i dont know how but even when im slapping it on with my fingers not even properly blending, it looks flawless. You will seriously look like a porcelian doll. I also have really bad acne and went out yesterday and i was really late and my skin was really dry and red and inflamed because i took my cakey powder off from the morning and after i slapped this on my redness was gone, my blemishes were barely noticeable, and my skin looked super smooth. My friends even asked me what foundation I used xD Anyway i would definatly try this foundation, especially if you have dry skin!