November 27, 2014 | 1566 users online

Liquid - Studio Gear - matte foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Kattiitta1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The review below mine could have been written by me. I also found this product on clearance at ULTA for $6.25 a bottle! I took a chance on the shade by comparing shades looking at the bottle,and snapped up 3 bottles of Natural. Tried a little bit on at home and it turned out to be a perfect match! I have oily skin at age 45 so I looked at Studio Gear's website and it says this is the one formula for oily or combination skin. Very excited that I got a great deal and that the product goes on smoothly and looks great on my face. It is indeed matte and water based so it is not too greasy to wear in the summertime. I would repurchase if needed but I won't need to in a while since I bought 3 bottles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Found this little gem on the 75% off clearance shelf at Ulta & was told by 1 of the MA's at the benefit brow bar that it's what she wears & supposedly it's normally really expensive, so got this for about $6. I had never heard of this brand. I would have snapped up some of their other SG products at Ulta had I known how gr8 this stuff is! It is water based granted it's not a long wear foundation like I usually get, but the coverage is really good & matte, minimal oxidation, & can be built up pretty full coverage. I don't know if I would necessarily repurchase at full price though, but it's a nice foundation. I like the glass bottle w the pump! I got Natural which seems to match pretty good actually & I wasn't even matched up to any colors so this MA had an "eye" for color! It will be a good foundation for Fall because of the cooler weather, less hot & humid. I have very oily skin & this wasn't any oiler than other foundations I use. I am a blot paper fiend so nothing short of a Miracle gonna change that fact...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Lejlaaax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation was my holy grail. It literally covers up EVERY single acne scar, and active blemishes. This foundation works amazing for coverage. I've used it for 3 years. But I've finally found one that's way cheaper and slightly better foundation is awesome but it rubs off to easily and makes my skin oily, so I changed it. My skin did not breakout from this foundation, it actually helped it by a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by nameste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have freckles and I don't like them, so when I went shopping for a good foundation several years ago to cover up ALL of my freckles, this is what an Ulta employee suggested. I have used nothing but this ever since. The only downside is that if I have a long day, it tends to rub off if I ever put my hands on my face. It is water based and unlike most foundations, it will wash off with JUST WATER. I'm sure this is why it rubs off easily, but if it's water soluble, it's VERY good for your skin. I highly recommend this for anyone with dry or combination skin. Not good for very oily skin.

It is very buildable so you can use more to cover up dark spots and use less on other areas and it'll still look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by esluka

Great foundation. I have a fair skin tone and chose natural and it blends perfectly. I have had no flaws or irritations using the foundation. I use it over moisturizer and under a loose bronzer and it lasts all day/night. I am very happy with this foundation and since I am running low, I have added it to my Birthday wish list!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by verysmallkisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes my face look flawless! It was a bit expensive, though I bought it in store (Ulta), and is seemingly much cheaper online. Regardless, I feel it was worth every penny! After using drugstore foundation for years and years, it just looks so much better, and it matches my skin tone almost exactly.

I've not experienced any excess oily-ness that other reviewers are mentioning, nor excess dryness. I'm very happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dariagabriel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like how the product feels on my face the first couple of hours . However after a couple hours my skin becomes SO oily and shiny its rediculous. I do like the coverage its not heavy at all on my face. But I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily or combination skin .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This is NICE and not nearly as expensive as the foundations I've been using lately. I've been into Guerlain foundations for a while but wanted something w/out ss and the Ulta girl recommended this brand. I am really glad she did. It is much cheaper than I am used to paying because I believe in splurging on foundation as it can make or break a thirty eight year old face. I will be sticking w/this one for a while. It is not drying at all, covers well and wears longer on me than Guerlain does. Very impressed w/this brand so far and I'm going to be testing more from this brand...
**edit 7/2012 ~ after a while my skin has become very dry, I'm attributing to this as I've never ever had dry skin before and this is all I've changed. Switching it out...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ariellezbellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, this is the only good foundation I've ever tried. It makes my skin look nice, even, and covers many blemishes. I doesn't cling to flakes or make me look dry. It doesn't last too long, so I wish it would be better in that department. I don't think this is my HG but for my first high end foundation, I liked it and I thought it was worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by caharris10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally found a foundation that matches my skintone (Praline). Praline looks too dark for me in the bottle but matches well. I probably would have never tried this color but the Ulta staff fixed me up. I've been wearing this for about 3 months now. Although its matte, it still has a slight sheen which I like. It's not super drying; not overly oily. Coverage is medium and buildable. This does get shiney, but it's not sliding off my face. I'm not crazy about liquids but out of all foundations I've tried (there are many), this one is the best. I love the pump, helps keep the makeup free from bateria; but make sure the top is closed tightly! I didn't do that and had a mess. The price is great too at $24.