December 21, 2014 | 873 users online

Gels/Soaps - Softsoap - Ultra Rich Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Has a cheap, synthetic shea butter scent that I cannot stand. I do not find this to be a moisturizing body wash at all. I had to discontinue using it as it was drying out my skin. Softsoap has better body washes than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

They changed this product, it used to have a nice smell but now it has a cheap perfume smell to it that I can't stand. It is also thicker, the gel is hard to work into a lather and really sticks to your skin, making it hard to rinse off. Cheap, but still not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by 2010

I hate almost everything about this.... the scent is very plastic-like and it irritates my skin like no other bodywash I've tried. The only decent thing is the flip-top packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

It has a sweet nutty fragrance. It cleanses decently well (doesn't really remove deodourant very well though) and isn't too drying. I love to buy softsoap bathwash when they are on 2.99 sale~

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lathers well, doesn't irritate, and has a pleasant, subtle scent. Good product, and inexpensive, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My absolute favorite body wash, ever. Creamy, wonderful lather, leaves a pleasant scent and rinses clean. I've got extremely acne-prone skin on my chest/back so it's rare I find something I can use without getting a reaction. Ive even gotten compliments on my skin from using this-both on the smoothness and the glow it gives me. Not to mention it cleared up and prevented my body acne. Couldn't be happier!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Became very itchy after using this, and only noticed after using Dove soap once that my itching ceased because I stopped using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells heavenly, leaves my skin soft and no irritation. I have very sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the scent. Reminds me of a tropical paradise. I dont find that it's any different from the rest of the drug store brands. Its fresh and my skin feels clean. Not dry or greasy. I will buy it again.
Costco sells it in a pack of 3 different scents and they are all very nice.
I am very sensitive to soap and so far I have had no reaction to this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin clamors for moisture in the winter. Dove is my staple for the cold months, but I decided to pick up Softsoap and try something new.
This is quite the average body wash. No, it doesn't totally strip the skin of moisture, but it doesn't give too much back, either. A few other drugstore body washes fare better in the moisturization department, but honestly, 18 fl. oz for around $3 isn't too bad for a mid-tier product.
The wash smells rich and buttery, lathers nicely, and is even a pleasing, pearlescent cream color. The "moisture beads" dissolve easily and the wash itself rinses clean. It's decent, but other body washes such as Dove Nutrium Moisture do the same thing, but better. The cheapo price and creamy scent may keep me coming back, though. ^^