August 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by mauneecamren

First off, I bought this product because I've heard about the adverse affects of aluminum, so I decided to try Toms aluminum free deodorant in apricot. I was visiting family in Mississippi for a few days while using it, and I noticed that I needed to reapply often. Kind of embarrassing! I figured I was having to reapply so often due to the unbearable humidity. I have recently returned home, New Mexico, where it is much drier and STILL I need to reapply 2 and 3 times a day! I smell after just a few hours of just hanging out and on top of that the smell is pretty bad to the point where I have to wash my underarms before reapplying. The last straw was when I noticed my underarms peeling, burning, and reddened! I'm pretty disappointed in this product and considering the other reviews that have had similar experiences i wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by skyblue94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the toms unscented deodorant and i actually it works better than any anti-perspirant ive used with aluminum like i dont sweat at all and i just got this product during summer so I think ive found a product that ill be using for years

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by isshevital

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the unscented version of this, and it works really well for me. I'm pretty surprised by the bad reviews! I don't sweat very much at all, but sometimes I definitely do get smelly and need a little help in that department. I apply this immediately after I dry off after a shower, which I think is important. It keeps the smell at bay even when it's hot and humid. Doesn't irritate my pits. I don't use it every day so I won't run out for quite a while, but I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

I'm surprised by the negative reviews here, I really like this product! Granted, the hottest day we've had since I started using it was around 80 degrees. I don't have bad body odor, but I wanted something to mask what little I do have, without all of the questionable ingredients you find in an antiperspirant. I got this in the lavender scent at Target for a very good price. It smells a little strong when you smell it in the container, but it's hardly noticeable when you put it on. In fact, once I put it on, I really don't smell anything at all for the rest of the day, especially no b.o. The only way I can describe the consistency is a "solid gel." It feels wet when you first put it on, but it dries quickly and it doesn't stain my shirts or bother me any other way. I'd rather have wet pits for a few minutes than chance breast cancer with dry ones. I can see more active people maybe needing to reapply once or twice, but it takes what, 10 seconds? I still do sweat in warmer temps, but that's what the body is supposed to do and it's really not noticeable from what I can tell with this stuff. And since I started using it, I've had zero deodorant stains on my dark shirts and no yellow stains on my white shirts. I also noticed my pits in general are in better shape. They used to break out a lot and were often sore and unpleasant to look at. Now, they're just fine and I'm not shy about wearing sleeveless shirts anymore. I'll probably have some issues once the hot summer hits, but I'm not out in the heat much during those months. If anything, I'll just use this on days I'm not active outdoors. Odor protection, healthier skin, no white stains, better ingredients, and a great price. I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by samiakbari

I love Tom's products. I use their toothpaste and other items, but this natural deodorant is not good. It does say "deodorant" and not "antiperspirant" but I wasn't expecting to all of a sudden realize how much I actually sweat! And on top of that, my armpits became irritated and rash-y from the new wetness going on. I had to go back to my cheap, conventional deodorant just to stop the irritation and also needed to use aquaphor for a few days to heal myself. No bueno!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry - but it doesn't work - I need an antiperspirant - not just a deodorant. I need to stop the wetness. This is natural and smells good but will not cut it in corporate America.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lb1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does not work. I rarely sweat but this product made me smell terrible. I have had friends say the same. I would not recommend this to anyone close to me.. :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kemper1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awful! It burned my skin off and left huge dark marks from the scarring! It smells bad: both the apricot and mint. DO NOT BUY THIS.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by smdunn91

I've been looking for a cruelty-free deodorant. I purchased this in the apricot scent. This has no lasting power whatsoever. Within a couple of hours I stank like a pig. I'm not a huge Tom's of Maine fan because I just haven't had the best experience with their products, and this deodorant is no different.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by tottie06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave two stars being that this is natural and does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate. But other than that, using it was not a good experience. I tried several versions of it including the Long-Lasting one, and had slimy wet underarms all day, and ended up sticking by mid-day! I now use Dove -the one that has castor oil and no aluminum. I will not repurchase Toms.