Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand the bad reviews for this product. I sweat profusely and this deodorant works just like every other one. I did have the brown patches after using the Tom's of Maine antiperspirant but it contained aluminium and would make my lymph nodes swell. The one I have right now that works fine is the Long Lasting Women's Deodorant in the scent Beautiful Earth. Works better than the last deodorant I had (Kiss My Face Active Life) and I only experienced problems with it because I had been using antiperspirant all my life prior to that one. My body just needed to adjust. I sweat way less ever since switching to deodorant. It took 3 months for my body to adjust to the Kiss My Face one so don't give up on this unless you get a rash or something.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Product stinks, even the unscented, and does not work either.

It made my arm pits dry and flakey. It would also burn and then turned them very dark brown. I do not know how to fix the damage it caused

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Lawd. My underarms were sweaty all day and reapplying this stuff made no difference. If you wanna be stinky, musty and sweaty all day then this is for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this deodorant! It is aluminum free which is crazy important. "Regular" deodorants will give you breast cancer...I can't believe the USDA allows retailers to sell deodorants with aluminum. I know it's a crucial ingredient in blocking your pores so you "don't" sweat but seriously, with what we know about these harmful ingredients...I digress.

This deodorant works great for me. I use the antiperspirant and deodorant one...it's great. I use it in the summer when it's 94 degrees outside and I go running, hiking etc. Yes, I stink after I'm done exercising but that's what happens. When I don't exercise and I just wear it on a normal day, I don't stink and I don't have wet armpits.

Here are the ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Zinc Ricinoleate, Glyceryl Laurate, Humulus Lupulus Extract (Hops), Organic Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Ascorbic Acid, Organic Cymbopogon Rexuosus Oil

Propylene is an organic preservative. Sodium stearate is a salt and found in many soaps, deodorants, etc. Zinc rincinoleate is a fatty acid that is an odor-absorber.

The ingredients listed above are for the unscented deodorant. I used to LOVE, love the lavender fragrance but they reformulated it and it literally smells like a cedar candle which I don't want to smell like.

I'm not an overly sweaty person due to staying cold a lot but when I do sweat, this stuff works really well. And I don't care if I am a bit stinky by the end of the day, it's natural bodily process and I won't get breast cancer from it. I've used this for years and will keep using it!

I find that this deodorant does not offer as much protection as some other deodorants. I know there is no antiperspirant in this product, but I find myself feeling very sweaty throughout the day in comparison to the days when I use Schmidt's Deodorant or Routine De-Odor cream. I think the baking soda in those products make a big difference. The Tom's of Maine deodorant that I have also has hops on the ingredients list, which kind of makes me think that I am fermenting the sweat in my armpits. No bueno. On the plus side, this deodorant is gentle and does not stain clothes. If you will be in a sweat-free environment, this is not a bad option, but I would look elsewhere if you are going to be doing intense activity.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Don't do sh*t. Applied on before working out...as I stretch my arms to my legs, I can smell the stank from my underarms. Does control sweat a bit but I wasted my money.

I don't understand why there's such a low rating for this product! I was looking for a "natural deodorant" that didn't have any of the bad/harmful ingredients most brands have. I did some research and found that Tom's deodorant has pretty good ingredients and did not contain any Aluminum. This is a deodorant, NOT their antiperspirant. It won't keep you dry so if you're looking for sweat control, this isn't it. I do sweat quite a bit, but I didn't want an antiperspirant since they block the pores and prevent you from sweating out all the impurities. Also, the Aluminum in antiperspirants causes my sensitive skin to break out in a rash.

This deodorant keeps me smelling fresh and nice all day. I don't have really bad/strong odour but when it's really hot out and I'm running errands or spending the day out in the sun, i'd like to have the peace of mind that I don't smell. I have this in the women's version (purple packaging). The scent is "beautiful earth". I love how it smells. Its a nice fragrance without being too overbearing. I'm not sure how to describe the scent but it smells kinda like a fruity potpourri mix. I do find the scent fades as the day goes on but, it still works at keeping odour away. It's a bit more expensive than other brands. Almost $6cdn at Walmart but i would repurchase since I love what Tom stands for; sustainable practices, natural ingredients....and BEST of all, it's cruelty free!!!

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

This was given to me and I'm so glad I never bought this because it would have been a waste of money. My armpits sweat, was slick from the formula, and yes I was just reak-ing on top of the perfume. Sorry natural fans, big thumbs down.

I've had this before and did absolutely nothing for me and recently I've received a travel sample in natural powder which broke after the first use and again ...did nothing for me, no "24h wetness protection" not even half hour and I think makes me smell even faster

Top Rated Tom's of Maine Products