July 22, 2014 | 1776 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - White Truffle Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Great just like the conditioner. Musky smell but works like magic, very high quality ingredients. Wonderful product all around but definitely a surge for product junkies and lovers of aesthetic luxury.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the most expensive shampoo i've ever used in my whole life. I had big expectations for this product only to be dissapointed after use. It may be made of White Truffles and caviar but it didnt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Alterna products for a few years since they're sulfate free. I used this and found it to make my hair so much softer than anything I have ever used. I didn't think anything other than the caviar shampoo was as good, but after this it's hard to compare.
When I shampoo I don't want to feel "squeaky", I need some slip, but clean and this does it. It does not make me want to claw my head. It feels clean and adding the matching conditioner is wonderful. I have waist length hair that needs shine and protection. This shampoo has done it's job and also gives me a bit of boost to my hair so it does not lay flat and lifeless.
It is amazing and I will buy again. I found a beauty store near me that sells it cheap, so I get it for about $5 off the normal price. Ladies if you want this shampoo, find a beauty store that carries this brand and check the price. It maybe the best way to purchase it if you love it as much as I do. Who does not love beautiful hair?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by xTKOx

I received both this and the conditioner as a gift for my birthday. I agree with other reviewers that the smell is odd, not cheap, just a little strange, but it does not cling to your hair, so IMO it's not that big of a deal. Honestly, I was a little skeptical about what it would do for my hair. My hair has been extremely damaged in the last year from processing and nothing I've used has done much to help it (I've used just about everything!). My hair is naturally course anyway, and the additional damage has made it downright unmanageable. The shampoo leaves my hair feeling a little dry while I'm still in the shower, but using the conditioner afterward detangles it nicely. After about 5 uses my hair was noticeably softer, smoother, less frizzy and more manageable. On the downside, while the bottles are pretty, they are unwieldy and, of course, it costs a fortune. While I like it, the cost will probably keep me from buying it for myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2008 5:19:00 AM More reviews by fiffles84

love the bottle and desgin but I found this left my hair greasy and really really heavy, I dont think I would buy it, I will stick to good old pantene

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by carray10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo was a real disappointment. It just doesn't do anything special for my hair at all. It doesn't even have a pleasant scent. The tall thin bottle, while pretty, is unwieldy in the shower. And let me tell ya ladies, I didn't step out of the shower looking like Jennifer Aniston (of course, I didn't step into the shower looking like her either!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 7:45:00 AM More reviews by SamWaddington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

?I have been lemming the Truffle range for a while (although have been using the Caviar Volume range and really like it!). I got this on Ebay from a trusted seller as I could otherwise not justify the cost!

A nice shampoo, leaves my hair clean but not tangled. I do have to say I don't like the scent very much, a little 'old lady perfume' but it doesn't linger. I followed it with the matching conditioner and my hair was left clean, soft and healthy - very nice!!

Would I buy it again? I've said yes but only if I can get it at a good price - its wayyyyy over priced normally. It would do more than make my hair nice to justify the price they charge!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by monique3445

I am amazed at how disappointed I am in this product. I bought both the shampoo and conditioner thinking my hair would be in the best shape it has ever been, but in truth all I have noticed is the shine. It is not more manageable. I get way worse tangles then usual. It is not softer. My boyfriend says my hair smells like wet dog after I use it. Very sad considering the amount of money I paid for it! Save your money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice shampoo... just 'nice'. It lathers decently and doesn't smell offensive (just light and clean I suppose). But that's about where the positives end for me. In the shower, this shampoo left me with significant tangling... and my hair is just shoulder length. Although Alterna claims "ideal for daily use and safe for chemically treated hair" that's a little ridiculous considering it contains Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate which if used continously would definitely impact haircolor in a negative way :( Alterna also claims this shampoo contains full spectrum UV protection which, if true, is good to know!! Lastly, it's very expensive... $30 for a 10oz bottle. It's nice but for the price I expect better. I certainly didn't 'observe extraordinary results after just one use' like Alterna claimed I would ;-) I'm glad I received a decant in swap - I defintely wouldn't buy this nor would I really recommend it to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jadelowe

The shampoo is really good but it's not worth 40 the conditioner on the other hand is rubbish. i would never of bought it at that price (My boyfriend paid for it)