August 28, 2014 | 1751 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Shiny Licious Limited Edition shades

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is a new LE palette that has something to do with "gold." I can't quite remember but all the shades are gold-infused. I have trouble with golds -- too pale and they look chalky on me, too dark and they look dirty. But these looked so summery and alluring (and cost so little) that I decided to try one. I was wavering between a coral and a mauvey (in the tube) shade. Ultimately I picked "Rose Light," the one that looks sort of mauve in the tube, and I love it! It does not look at all mauve when you put it on (thank goodness). It has a gorgeous, subtle golden gleam to it with a very pretty and natural rosy base that actually looks really natural. I have to say, I think it looks like a pricey gloss, which I absolutely wasn't expecting when I plunked down my $5.49 at CVS! I am really enjoying this. It looks especially pretty when I layer it over a clear balm like my Kiehl's #1 or Rosebud Salve. I'm really so pleased with this. It's the perfect natural but polished shade that will look great all summer with slightly dramatic eyes (well, lined eyes -- that is my definition of "dramatic"). I'm so happy with this (and it's so inexpensive) that I may go back for the coral shade just to see if that works too. Oh, and it's not at all sticky, you only need a tiny dab, and it tastes good! All things considered, this makes me want to try more Maybelline products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of all the Shiny-licious lip glosses so when I saw how pretty the South Beach Coral was, I had to buy it! VERY light color, if you want alot of color this is DEFINATELY not the lip gloss for you. But if you just want shine like I did, than this is perfect. Smells great too! EXTREMELY satisfied with this color. VERY inexpensive as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm always on the hunt for new Shiny-licious LE shades. This review is for Showstopper: Showstopper is a sheer *blue* gloss with multi-colored sparkles. It has a minty scent. This is gorgeous on, very shiny and sparkley without being gritty. Also very moisturizing and not sticky at all. The minty scent makes me feel fresh. The blue is so sheer it goes on pretty much clear, it actually kind of makes my pigmented lips look a little plummy (not much, but a little). I love this! It's one of my favorite glosses and people dig it when they see me pull out something as funky as a blue gloss. (Trust me, I have other blue glosses and one by L'Oreal made me look like I was kissing a smurf. But Maybelline pulls it off well!)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2006 12:01:00 AM More reviews by d_copper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the South Beach Coral colour. It is a non-sticky lip gloss which rely on flecks of sparkle to be 'shiny-licious'. The colour tends to be pink with a slight coral tinge. It goes on slightly sheer so would be great for layering over a lipstick or lip pencil. It does not moisturise, so a lip balm it isn't. I like the actual applicator, which is not a plastic but a fiborous tip. It helps to ensure application is less messy than some other lip glosses such as Juicy Tubes. I wouldn't buy it again because I want something more moisturising and long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2005 7:07:00 AM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking at the new Shiny-licious shades that have come out for fall, and many of them are identical to the last batch of LE's that they had for the spring. They have different names, but the shades are identical. One was a nude-plum color and the other was a peach shade. Disappointing that they couldn't come up with new colors. The texture of these is OK, nothing special. I personally hate the sponge tip applicator. It seems unhygenic to me. Also, these things are not factory sealed, so you need to check them to make sure they weren't tested. Overall, this is a mediocre product.