October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Very Irresistible Sensual eau de parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by agneseo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very beautiful fall/winter fragrance that has great lasting power. This is never overwhelming and causes people to lean in closer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I seem to love all the Very Irresistibles -- this one is no exception. I now own 4: Very Irresistible original, L'Intense, Sensual, and Absolutely irresistible.

The notes of Sensual, per parfumo.net are: Patchouli, Peony, Rose, Star anise, Vanilla.

I love a vanilla note, and although I love this scent -- I don't really notice the vanilla very much. The overall scent is strong, and the first four notes on that note list are definitely dominant, for me. They drown out any vanilla that might be there, at least to my nose. I'm a vanilla lover, so I wish I could smell it more -- it's subtle, I guess -- but I still like the scent very much.

This winter, I've been craving deep purple-fruited florientals, and I've primarily been alternating between VI L'Intense, VI Sensual, Stella, CK Euphoria, Dior Midnight Poison, and Victoria's Secret Seduction (dark orchid) -- they're all in the same category, I think.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nilinel

I actually bought this perfume out of curiosity at the duty free. I initially loved it and but after a few uses i started getting rash on my neck.that's where i usually spray perfume.

i guess not for people with skin prone to allergies or eczema. I now use it on clothes only. but after the rash will definitely not repurchase.

i always suggest to spray in the neck instead of the hand to make sure to have no reactions to a particular perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by bluelimelemon

My favorite scent would be honey (although haven't found the perfect one beside L'Occitane LE shea butter honey series) and the second one would be vanilla, but vanilla is tricky because sometimes its too much and sweet for some days.
My previous perfume was Marc Jacobs' honey which smells very, very good in the store and when I tried it on my skin. But as I bought the bottle home, I found out it smelled a little but plastic-y and it fades like 2 hours on my skin. :| so sad, the bottle would be a nice piece on my vanity cabinet tho... Anyway, that's why I thought I need to search for a new one.
The SA at Givenchy said that this is one of their best seller. At first when she sprayed it to the sample paper and I sniffed it I was like, "too strong! Too overly sweet!" but when I got home and sniff it again, the smell is somewhat sweet and comforting for me, I don't know about the sensual part, but I can definitely foresee guys liking this perfume. I asked my sister (who is very picky when it comes to perfume) and she said "This is a typical perfume that most girls wear (maybe because of the rose scent) but if you like it, I guess it's okay." I personally don't mind because I like the smell and it's been a while since I found a scent that I keep sniffing and stays in my mind. Especially from a perfume since usually I thought perfume are little bit too much on a daily basis.
The next day, I asked the SA at other Givenchy branch to spray it on my skin. And I can't stop sniffing my elbow (yea she sprayed it on my elbow which is a funny place to spray), even on the way home, the smell is so... So good, very subtle vanilla mixed with flowery notes. The skin test lasted on me about 4 hours for the middle notes and 3 hours for the base notes which is quite good considering it's sprayed on a weird location :p
So I went to the first Givenchy branch and bought the big (75mL/2.5fl.oz) bottle because it has more value for money rather than the standard 50 mL bottle. (75 mL : about 119 US $. 50 mL : 100 US $ in my country). I asked my dad to smell it and he said it's very nice (he has nice choice of perfumes) so overall, I am really happy for this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by krissay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous scent, on me it is a very sweet floral. I was on a hunt for a good one after finding that Flowerbomb doesn't last a second on me, this is it. Lasting power is pretty good. I don't get tired of this scent, ever.

Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Sraahz1

This is a really sensual and mysterious fragrance. This was the first fragrance I ever bought and I've never regret buying it. Although I don't wear it that much anymore, I really like it, it reminds me of my youth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by crysna

VI sensual smells almos identical to VI, BUTit's more deeper, sexy, strong, less cloying for others; Givenchy added the "Liv Tyler Rose" making it more sexy and appealing!!! Longevity it's so Good like all Givenchy fragrances. Compliments are coming from everyone wearing this, perfect for evening out with a beautiful dress! Just so very irresistible, love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

going on my 3rd bottle.....so lovely and get so many compliments.....this is very sexy and soft ,pretty and stays on all day! a winner always!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

OMG Love this stuff, almost done my first bottle and ready to buy another. I feel so sexy when I wear this. Very sensual and mysterious scent that I love and always get compliments on. Smells like heaven.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I tried this 3 times now, and no such luck. So bitter on me! Nothing sensual about it for me!