December 18, 2014 | 1689 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Lip Polish

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by madi368

I purchased this particular product on sale at my local Kroger's. I've never had any problem with any Maybelline product until this! This might be a complete fluke, but the morning after I applied this product my lips were swollen and stinging. I ended up getting a chemical burn on my top lip from this Lip Polish! My lip is almost healed now, but it has been exactly two weeks tomorrow that I've dealt with this. A call to customer service at Maybelline landed me a very disinterested customer service rep, a slew of accusatory questioning that I did not appreciate and a $5 gift certificate. :o/ I would definitely advise against the purchase of this product in all of it's forms. I will not be using Maybelline any more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by 96alouiseperry

This is my new fav lip gloss! I'm in love with it! I have it in 160-Girly pink and it's so pretty! I would def reccomend this to anyone looking for a non-sticky/ smooth lipgloss!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Angela2023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG,why didn't I find this lipgloss sooner? First my reason for purchasing, I was searching for a fun "summer pink" gloss that I could put on bare lips for a little shine and color. I usually wear mauve lipstick for work and red for a modern pin up look. Because I wasn't willing to shell out 20 bucks for a color I would only be wearing for a couple of months I hit the drug store.

That's when I found Girly Pink. It's exactly that, a fun blue toned pink, that is bright without being harsh. It has no noticeable glitter which is fine for me because at 25 years old glitter can look too young, but has lots shine. It also has no smell or taste. It is a tiny bit sticky, but enjoy that, it lets me know that its gonna be on for while and when it doesn't feel sticky i know it time to reapply. The lasting power is just ok, but its a lipgloss, not a stain or lipstick so it can't be expected to last all day.

I will repurchase, in fact I will be looking to buy several different colors of this amazing gloss.

Update- I picked this up in Flesh Light. AMAZING. It looks great over Mac's Freckletone

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by makeupcouture07

i love this product!
i rediscovered it today
i have it in 03 nude flash
and its the perfect nude lip color
i dont even need a nude lipstick under
this fits my skin tne perfectly

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by AsylumFreak

This lip gloss is the best because the colors are very shiny and the colors don't seem to that dark and it lasts all day and it's very sparkly!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by clearady

I love nude lip products, even more than the natural flushed shade.
I bought the light tan color (nude flash?) and found it to be less pigmented than Mark's Peek-a-boo yet more than Milan's Secret. It's a perfect inbetween color, not too much tan, and not too subtle, as you can see in the picture I uploaded.
I took off a lipstick because the lasting power is not anything to be raved about.
The Pink clear one is also decent. Almost as good as Mac's clear staple.
And the pink shade with shimmer was also my favorite as a girl. Nice simple shade with a little pigment/luster.
Coupons galore and sales for Maybelline, so it's worth a try.
UPDATE: i rebought it after all these years, and no, i'm not crazy about it at all anymore. shows how little i knew of quality in makeup back then. if you're looking for a gorgeous nude lip, go for Peekaboo by Mark's lipgloss, or a nude lip pencil. Other than that, this has little pigment, low moisturizing properties, and minimal shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by shariahshea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I Bought this lip gloss awhile ago in Pink Cadillac, besides the awesomeness of the name I love the color of this gloss. The color is a sheer pink with tiny shimmer particles from white to pink and has tiny blue glitter. (that makes your teeth look whiter). The gloss consistency is thinner that your usual gloss and is not sticky at all! I do wish it would last longer on my lips but the shine is brilliant. For around $5 you can't go wrong. It has a doe foot applicator but is shorter than usual for more pricise application. This lip gloss is my favorite and most used by me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very impressed with this lip gloss. I would love for it to stay on longer than it does, but that is to be expected with any lip gloss. I have it in two colors - Nude Flash and Mauvie Star. I would definitely buy this product again. This product was just as good as any $25.00 lip gloss that I could buy at the mall.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Kitten27

I have this in Pink Cadillac and I love the soft sheer pink it gives. This gloss is not sticky at all though it doesn't have miraculous staying power, just reasonable enough for its price. I love the sparkle this gloss gives, it's a really fun product to use especially for the summer. It feels light on the lips. It comes with a doe foot applicator which I kind of like. Would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

/Extremely/ sticky, but good staying power. It's ok, but I wouldn't repurchase because I've found glosses I like much better.