August 1, 2014 | 1848 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Couleur Experte in Chocolate Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2006 9:55:00 PM More reviews by bibi_2009

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product thinking my hair would be a nice rich chocolatey brown with highlights just like in the picture maybe a little lighter because my curant base was a light brown, but close enough. i got someone to apply it for me and notice the dye was redish but i thought maybe it was just the color of the dye, after rinsing i freaked it was red, if it was in the red section i wouldnt have been so surprised but it says chocolate mousse since when is chocolate red, i understand for the highlights. it did turn out nice though, i have to say that. its a good product but it didnt turn out how i wanted it. so i called l'oreal and now they are sending me a gift certificate for not being satisfied. and they told me how i could correct my hair and tone down the red, theyre service is exceptional. so if you guys arent satisfied just call l'oreal up and tell them what you think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by acvdep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this was going to be as it states on the package which is chocolate, so dark brown w/ red highlights. I have naturally dark brown hair, and my hair was currently dyed a dark golden brown so the colors were all very similar. So I thought I was doing good by staying in the same color family. It does say on the side of the box that it has warm undertones so that means "red," but I figured it would be a red brown hence the name Chocolate Mousse, right? The base color turned out a dark plum red, and the highlights are more like flame red. Overall I actually like the color, I had been wanting to go red but it had been hard to get my hair to actually get red so I had been staying with mostly browns. But, it might not work for everyone.

The problem with these kits is that they are not customized to your current hair color, and they can not lighten hair (except the highlights wich have greater lift b/c it uses a different developer). But if your hair is dark brown and you want to have dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights its not going to work from these kits. The DIY kits are really more for adding color than lifting color, and usually never do a good job of lightening hair. Overall, I'm pleased the shade and color I got would have cost a ton at a salon and I only paid $17 for it. The highlights turned out nice. I used the brush provided and I'm pleased with them, no large clumps or anything.