November 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Conditioner - Jonathan - Add Moisture Moisturizing Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like another reviewer already stated, mine was also pretty darn thin. I also bought mine at TJMaxx, but in the past i've had awesome results from shampoo/conditioners bought from the store. I wonder if it's just this product in general. My hair also felt really dry, & since it's dry already from all of the bleach i've done over the last few months, I don't need any help in that area. my hair has recovered a lot after cutting it super short, so I don't want to re-do any damage again now that it's back to a healthier state. I didn't use much so i'm hoping maybe i can return it, or at the very least get store credit, since i bought the big liter bottle that cost me $10 :\ i would have zero other use for it. the ingredients list looked good so i don't know what the problem is with this product. i generally use natural products as well so that was what attracted me, & it seemed a good deal for the size, but sadly this is something i'm going to try to return & if i can't either swap it or use it as shaving cream. sad.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lexigill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is gross. Terrible gummy consistency and left my hair dry and straw-like. Don't bother wasting your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by JChahboune

My hair is in normal condition. Actually, my hair WAS in normal condition and now, after using this conditioner twice, it feels like a broom. I can't even pull my fingers through it in some sections! After the first time I used it, I couldn't believe how dry and crispy my hair felt...I thought that maybe I didn't rinse it all out or something. So I tried it again--nope, it's the "conditioner". This is the WORST stuff ever. Straight into the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all these reviews I have to assume I got a fake of this at TJ Maxx for $5.99. Everyone here mentions how thick the product is, but the one I purchased there is extremely watery. Maybe it was a factory reject, or someone added water to it and returned it (yuck!) I will say that I have used other Jonathan products in the past, and liked them. The no weight cream rinse and the green rootine silkening cream were both very good. Oh well... watch out for fakes at discount stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

First off, the packaging really really sucks. Its difficult to get the product out. I have to screw the top off to get it out. This conditioner is the thickest conditioner I have ever used it in my entire life. I melt it by adding to palms then rubbing them together or else it wont spread. Then I squeeze it into my hair. Don't rub into hair or else you'll pull it. The product is that thick. I thought it was going to suck. But once may hair dried.....I was very surprised. My hair felt light, flowy, and sooo soft! The scent stays in the hair all day, so DH can't stop smelling it! Make sure to add plenty. The matching shampoo is great as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by alkispice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this yesterday along with the Add Moisture Shampoo at Ross for 6.99 each. I used both of them right when I got home, and was very impressed. I was expecting them to do nothing based on so many negative reviews, which is why I've waited so long to purchase them in the first place. I still wouldn't spend $20 on this product, but for the price I paid, it's a great deal.

I did not have the tangling problems that a lot of people describe. I always brush my hair before getting in the shower, which I assume helps a lot. I used a nickel sized blob of shampoo, which was perfect for my bra-strap length, coarse, dry, color-treated, wavy hair. After rinsing it completely, I squeezed my hair out a bit and tried desperately to get some conditioner out of the bottle. This was the hard part. The packaging really sucks for such a rich, thick conditioner. I decided to store it upside down, which I hope helps for next time.

I rubbed about a teaspoon size amount in my wet hands, and massaged it into my hair, avoiding my roots of course. I was able to run a wide tooth comb through without any trouble, and waited a few minutes before rinsing. The only other thing I used, which I've been using a lot lately, is Johnson and Johnson detangling spray. My hair turned out really soft with a little shine, great smell, and lots of bounce.

I really like the consistency, smell, and results of this product. The smell and texture remind me a lot of Phytosesame hydrating conditioner. The packaging needs a big-time do-over though. Pump bottles, please!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mauigold

I bought this product from Ross...I'm not sure what to make of that but it was half the normal price so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm DEFINITELY glad I didnt pay $20 but can't say I hate it. I found the consistency odd, like frosting or toothpaste, maybe even thicker??? I rubbed it between my palms (on my freshly shampooed, wet hair) and it went on okay. I used about 2 Tbsps, which is a lot for any conditioner I use so I wasnt too pleased with that. I brushed it through my hair and while the brush didnt slip through, it didnt really catch either so I can't complain there. There were still some definitely dry patches in my hair though. I don't mind the smell, no big thrills but its fine (i'm not big on fruity stuff). I rinsed and I needed to do it a little longer than usual but it rinsed well. I held my hair up in the light which is what i do to check the shininess of it when I use a new product and it seemed to have worked. I usually towel dry my hair and leave it so I will see how it behaves in the morning and edit my comment. BTW I have almost waist length, super THICK (I choke up vacuum cleaners and clog drains), wavy, dark hair. I have been heat styling my hair for the first time in my life for several months now and I'm totally addicted to how my smooth and nice my hair looks BUT its FRIED so I wanted to try a conditioner to restore it. Hope this helps and ladies, I'm constantly told I have beautiful hair but seriously, heat styling, ***KS up your hair BIG TIME and I beleive that never having used curling irons or hair dryers has been responsible for my hair staying healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sbruning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

1. All vegan, no chemicals, no fillers.
2. Changes how your hair feels naturally. Doesn't just gloss over it until your next shower.
3. Hair is lighter (not weighed down by prodcut)
4. Hair behaves better

Yes, your hair does feel dry for a long while, but if you learn to take care of your hair along with this product your hair shaft becomes naturally soft.

Unless you either have great genes or a good diet, no product can actually GIVE super silky hair to you, just create the illusion of it until you wash it again.

However, the packaging does suck. Redesign is badly needed.

I love not being chemically dependent and have a more natural and real feel to my hair.

I feel like I am actually dealing with MY hair, and not over chemed strands that I will then heat into submission.

It's just real conditioner that gives you your real hair back in softer form.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by DIVA_HW

This product has transformed my hair! I will say that after the first application, I wasn't sure if I liked it, but then I figured out a few things to make it work better for me…. I brush my hair before shampooing. Before I put on this conditioner, I rub the product together in my palms to emulsify it. I then apply the conditioner starting at the ends and working it up to the scalp. I then comb thru with a wide tooth comb and leave it on for 3-5 minutes. Sometimes I leave it on even longer. The results are AMAZING. My hair is shinier than ever! There are NO tangles and it is super moisturized. I have very straight hair, but this product has given my hair a slight wavy bounce that I just love! Yes, the product is thick, but the easiest solution to get the product out of the bottle is to simply store the bottle upside down. OMG, the scent is heavenly too!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cplunk145

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this conditioner but my hair feels dry after using it. It does not detangle or run through smooth when wet. Its also hard to get out of the bottle