April 17, 2014 | 1437 users online

Shampoo - Jonathan - Add Moisture Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by RupeeVall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know if I would say that this product is transformative, but I just had my hair Japanese straightened and needed a sulphate free shampoo as a maintenance measure.

I agree that the shampoo makes your hair feel a little straw like after you rinse it out, but I just assume that's because sulphate-infused shampoos have a ton of chemicals that stick to your hair and make it slicker. I used the no-frizz conditioner afterwards which smells nice, and then let my hair air dry. It feels soft and definitely frizz-free (ps its raining in NYC right now!).

Overall, I'm happy with the product so far and would recommend it, especially for people who've had any thermal/chemical restructuring done to their hair (Japanese/Brazilian treatments).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by xoxo241

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and decided to try it. It did absolutely nothing for my hair! Total overstatement to call this a moisturizing shampoo. It left my hair feeling staw like and not soft whatsoever, which I expected since it is a moisturing shampoo. Save your money!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I understand that it is normal for this type of shampoo to not lather and be thick and gooey, but this is really thick and goo-ey, as in, worse than Elmer's glue. My hair performs no worse or better, and it takes forever to get it to come out of the bottle. AND it's very expensive. Overall, if I want this type of shampoo, I will just buy L'oreal Everpure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this shampoo. I have healthy virgin 3b type bi-racial curls and this stuff works like a charm. The consistency is the thickest that i've ever used and for a sulfate free shampoo it lathers well. The smell is nice and boy does it make my hair shine. I didn't think a shampoo could improve shine but this one actually does...and i don't even use the conditioner that goes with it. After washing my hair it doesn't feel dry at all. I think i'll keep using this for a while.

UPDATE: Someone please tell me why in the hell do i always stray and try out more expensive products thinking that a miracle will happen?? This shampoo ended up drying up my curls a little and leaving them a little hard. I will never use any other shampoo from this day on for my curls other than my trusted and true.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by alkispice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this for only 6.99 at Ross, on the clearance shelves. I'd been dying to have it, but definitely wouldn't shell out the $20 it normally costs because of all of the negative reviews I've read on here. I used a sample years ago, and just remembered that I loooved the smell and consistency of the product.

I took a completely unnecessary shower as soon as I got home (I had showered just hours before and my hair was already quite squeaky clean). The smell was just as I remembered. A bit tropical with a hint of mango. It's extremely thick, the consistency of honey. I used the smallest amount, maybe a nickel sized dollop. My hair is bra-strap length, coarse, dry, and wavy for reference. I completely soaked my hair, put the shampoo in my wet hands and rubbed them together. It foamed up a bit for me, but I wasn't expecting, nor do I like, a big lather. I massaged it into my temples and the back of my head, and the amount I used was perfect. I didn't experience the dryness or tangles that have been described in many of the reviews. I followed with the conditioner (which I also had to use far less than I expected I would have to use), and the results were very nice.

The only other thing I have been using in my hair lately is Johnson and Johnson detangling spray, so I used that like I normally do. I let my hair air dry, and it came out very soft, somewhat shiny, and smells really good. I am happy, and I'm probably going back to buy some more bottles today :).

All in all, it's a great purchase for the price I paid. I love the scent, the concentration of the shampoo, and the lack of dye. I do wish these came in bigger sizes with pumps, because the packaging sucks for the conditioner (very thick conditioner, extremely hard to squeeze out of the bottle).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by plimpkins503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This made me feel like it ruined my life! Listen!! I got it from my Mom and when I used it it made my hair REALLY REALLY greasy except on the ends which became total straw! And it happened every single time! I could not wash out the greasy parts. I tried every time in the shower to avoid the problem but every time it was total grease and then dry dry at the bottoms. On the third try I couldn't help it I got so upset I just went into the mirror and CUT my hair off! Out of total anger about my bad hair cut it off! Its not horrible but its way way shorter and I hate it! So who wants such a luxury product when it makes you cut your own hair off! I am so upset still. So what if this guy is famous!!! Hes making people bald!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie0205

Love the way my hair looks after using this shampoo. It's really light, and leaves my hair feeling clean. The most amazing thing is how shiny my hair looks after drying it! The bottle makes it hard to get all of the product out, but overall I like the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Princess714

Used this stuff for the first time tonight and it worked great. I didn't have a problem with the lather - I used a quarter sized amount and worked it into a bit of a lather in my hands before applying it to my hair. When I rinsed my hair felt squeaky clean but a little bit tangly. I was expecting this since I had read all the bad reviews on here! After I used the Volume conditioner my hair was softer and some of the tangles seemed to have worked their way out. After my hair dried it was definitely softer than with any other shampoo/conditioner combo I have used. I'll style it in the morning and see what it looks like, but so far it is shiny and soft!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by rzafram

I got this as a large sample, and it lasted about 5 days. Over the 5 days I used it, I noticed that my hair felt noticeably drier and more strawlike. I have long, curly hair, unprocessed, and I generally use Phytojojoba or Phytovolume shampoos. I would certainly recommend the Phytojojoba over this product for moisture. I would definitely not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by DIVA_HW

I love this product when combined with the Add Moisture Conditioner. I don't know if I would like it used by itself. I am very surprised about the negative reviews, but I question if people understand how sulfate free products feel on your hair. This is a very good, gentle cleansing shampoo. It will not leave your hair feeling stripped, weighed down, or with product build up. The results are clean, healthy hair. Hair that has been washed with sulfate free shampoo always seems to feel a bit drier and tangled, hence the need for a good conditioner. This was my first bottle of this shampoo and I do plan on buying another when I run out.