April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Conditioner - Fantasia - IC Super Concentrated Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by sardonic_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best.Deep.Repair.Ever.

This gold standard product is full of protein. It is harder to find than it used to be (Sally used to carry it). Although this item was great for women of color, it is useful for all women. Initially when I found this, around the time I began beauty school in the early '90s, it was in the ethnic section. That makes sense, becasue hair which is fragile from relaxer responds very well to this nourishing, rich treatment. But it can be used to repair fragile straight fine hair all the way to damaged relaxed A.A. hair. Amazing product and amazing flexibility! It tends to add a tremendous amount of body and volume to hair. For the times my hair has been damaged I follow up with another quick moisturizing conditioner to add some slip/detangling. Several folks I've recommended it to have said, "Well, it does add a lot of body, but it wasn't as conditioning as I thought it would be." This is because this powerhouse packs a lot of protein which adds strength and can make hair feel a bit "stiffer" initially....because the strands are stronger. But trust me on this; this product will nourish your hair and as an added bonus, it smells like fizzy grape soda to me. :) I wish I could personally thank the nice people at Fantasia I.C. (Inter Cellular) for creating such a wonderful, versatile deep conditioning treatment!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair loves this! Its highly affordable and you can find it any beauty supply store. Plus, you don't have to use a lot for it to work. My hair is left moisturized, soft, and less frizzy. You can also use it with heat for a nice, treatment. If yo're hair is dry or damaged, I recommend you give this a try. It contains aloe which is really good for your hair and soothing to the scalp.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 10:23:00 AM More reviews by michele1145

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a misfortunate experience with a straightening iron in Spain. Thankfully I just made 2 quick passes in the same area so most of my hair was still healthy. I spent another 3 weeks there trying some deep conditioner but I needed more help. After trying to find a good leave in conditioner I remembered this Fantasia product.

I used to use this WAAAAY back in the mid-80s when I permed my hair. My hair is coarse and perming it made it a bit crunchy. This stuff was a godsend!

So I tracked down the closest Sally's and was excited to see it still on their shelves for $6.95.

The first day I deep conditioned and then applied the Reconstructor before styling. Today I used regular conditioner and then applied the Reconstructor. If I wasn't damaged I'd skip the extra conditioning all together.

My hair isn't 100% yet but it's much improved. I love the way this makes my hair shiny and silky, doesn't weigh my hair down and makes my scalp feel great (not oily and sticky especially in the southern heat of summer).

This might be too much for someone with hair that is easily weighed down but I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Beleza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love love love this product....when my hair is breaking badly and i have no idea what the hell is wrong with it or what it wants i just use this, go under the dryer for 10 minutes and...VIOLA!!...back to normal. its bouncy shiny and no breakage....i love love love this.....always buy, dont think would ever stop. I am black with relaxed hair.

I its not dirt cheap but it is well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 12:29:00 AM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

YES I would buy this again! I'm on my 3 tube! It's not as heavy duty as it sounds, it seriously softens, detangles, just makes my hair feel great. This is the HG conditioner - I have no reason to stray, no complaints. It's like $6 for a 6 oz tube. I first tried this in one of those samples they sell for like $1-2 at a beauty supply store. Pick it up and try it. I am black with relaxed hair.