April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Highlighters - Stila - All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer 3 - gold

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've used this for years, and have never gotten around to writing a review until now. I love this product,and it's my go-to highlighter. I find many other highlighters are too dark or too pink to pass as highlighters on my fair skin (I'm really pasty, yet olive toned), so I love that this one is both light and golden. I mix it in with liquid foundation, or apply on it's own after foundation. I find that however you choose to use this, it's just right- not too frosty, and gives a lovely luminescent pearly glow. I've repurchased several times over and the bottles are quite large, so they last a long time and are a decent value, considering the amount of product and the quality. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Louisaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love!!!! I consider this cheap for the amount you get- $22 for such a big bottle? You use such a small amount of product this will last a long time. I considered buying the tinted moisturizer by Stila w/luminzer but chose this for its versatility. This can be used mixed with foundation or alone, as a highlighter. I used today w/my foundation (NARs sheer glow) and w/my Shiseido color stick in tan. I put it under brow bones, along cheek bones and in bow of my lip. It looks superb! I also love the applicator- the brush is perfect for choosing the amount you want- my sister has a similar luminizer (Lorac luminizer in silver) which has a pump- it puts out way too much- brush is excellent!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is too glittery to use as a highlighter (which is what I originally purchased it for). Also, I'm not a fan of the gold color. It just doesn't look right on my light skin. I gave it to my mom (who is much tanner) and she loves it.

Pros:
Easy to apply
Long Lasting

Cons:
Too much glitter
Gold color

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by eoconnor9484

OK, by itself I did not like this product very much. Like every other luminizer out there, it's kind of goopy/streaky/obvious looking, and it would always erase or smudge my concealer/foundation. The only good thing was that it doesn't have huge glittery pieces like some of them. But two weeks ago I would have given this a 2.

BUT THEN... I bought a mini spray bottle (tiny tiny) and filled it with a little bit of water, put some luminizer in, shook it up, and sprayed it on my face a few times. I LOVE IT!! It's just enough sparkle to make me glowy looking all over, but not too crazy looking and you don't have to deal with the application problems. So, I think the product itself is decent, although it blows to have to spend this kind of time and energy figuring out how to make it work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by az1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product must be the best kept secret in the industry. If I forget to put it on I don't even look like my look is complete. It adds a gorgeous glow from within look. In the summer people always ask me if I just got back from an exotic vacation. It is really that good. A little last a long time, so worth every golden penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by widoutu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought this as an alternative to to moonbeam.
pearls are wayy more noticeable than moonbeam/highbeam! if you want subtle effect, this is not what you should get.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by LeilaUlupe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried several luminizer type products in the past. I've tried various powders and creams. This is my first liquid luminizer I've tried.

This is the only luminizer that blends well into my skin. I have dark beige skin that usually uses the "tan" colored foundations in the drugstore. I have olive undertones. (My skin tone strongly resemble people I have seen from southern Italy, to give you an idea of my skin tone.)

Other luminizers have been too light, and too obvious on my skin. Just not flattering. Even when I'd try to blend them and use a bit with my foundation, etc. it just didn't look good at all.

This luminizer looks BEAUTIFUL with my skin tones. It is exactly right for my skin color. It blends in beautifully and doesn't look too obvious. It gives a lovely glow and luminous sheen without screaming "I have a highlighter on."

If you have skin tone/skin color similar to mine and have had trouble finding a luminizer that works for you, please give this one a try as I think you might be very pleased with it.

As others have mentioned, the "nail polish" type applicator is not the best but it's still a very good product overall I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on my brow bone and it looks amazing. I think it's a little too much shimmer to put on the rest of my face though. I don't think I'll ever run out of this! But if I do, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product has a nice dewy finish but it doesn't stay on as long as I'd like. The tiny gold shimmers looks amazing in a candlelit room, I love pairing it with Nars' Albatross powder highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

So many liquid luminizers are too shimmery/glittery. This one is not - it's a perfect shade of warm candlelight, and the shimmer is fine. Not quite as fine as my beloved BB Beige Shimmerbrick, but for a liquid, it's the finest shimmer I have encountered. I love that this is a liquid so you can mix it with foundations to make them more glowy. I don't care for the nail polish -type of packaging though becuase I never want to contaminate by applying directly to my face, and also when trying to get a good-sized blob in the hand for mixing with foundation, it also is not ideal. I normally like to dab this on my upper cheekbones.