July 28, 2014 | 1294 users online

Tools - Shiseido - POWER of SILK-Exfoliating puff

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by eskiqt21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This puff did what it said it would. It made my skin feel softer. I liked it and would buy it again, but it seems to be nowhere to be found now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Jataim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS! GO BUY ONE AND TRY IT!!!

This is just like the popular Japanese silk "SILTY" brand silk puff.
It is an all silk,(amino-acid filled), silk puff that's only other ingredient is a Urethane core so the silk has something to stay attached too.

I am a silk-peptide junkie and it's very hard to get any product,(especially in the states), with such ingredient's, so I had to do the next best thing and buy a silk puff.
The cost is $10 and I've used it 3x's so far and it's as good as new still. The box say's it should last you up to 8 week's but I think mine will last longer as you have to really take care of this puff and also I don't use it everyday...but 1-2'x per week, which exfoliate's enough especially mixed with my philosophy micro-delivery peel 1x a week. :)

This comes with a cute little light clear green holder that rather look's like an old claw bathtub, very cute and keep's the puff elevated and cleaner by not touching anything else and it has a little hole in the bottom to make sure the puff dries from underneath, so no molding or water logging.
I do wish it had a cover as it doesn't protect dust or anything flying through the air from landing on it's top. This would be ideal to keep it clean.

How you use this is CRITICAL in how it will work on your skin and also how to keep it last longer.
You DO NOT ...repeat DO NOT use this to remove makeup.
Once you have clean, clean skin,(no toner or residue but truely clean skin), you leave your face damp with lukewarm/cool water then lightly dampen the POWER OF SILK puff under/in no hotter/warmer than lukewarm water,(cool or lukewarm is ideal).
Then lightly/gently sqeeze your wetened silk puff to remove excess water, then you start the facial exfoliation.

You DO NOT swirl, scrub, rub or any other mean's that is harsh to scrub your skin, take the puff and SWIP from inner/center of face to outer,(read the direction and follow the demo/illustration it's the key:).
You are just pressing and swipping in one sweep...same for chin, neck, forehead, I use one side of the puff on one side of my face then the other side for the other,(confused yet?:).
The edges of the puff are to be used to swip the harder area's to get into such as along the nose, under the nose, along the jawline and the nose itself. Also, if you have a particular spot on your face that is rougher/drier than the rest, use the edges as they will provide greater exfoliation.

I know this sound's complicated but really it's not. It take's 60second's and when your done! You DON"T rinse but leave what skin loving agent's the natural silk strand's put out on your face then just pat dry with a clean towel and then use your regular skin care regime or leave it for a while to feel and see how great your skin is! :)

It truely exfoliates like a dream and my skin feel's like brand new.
I have noticed darker spot's on my skin diminishing..i.e. old acne marks,(could be the philosophy peel in conjunction? but I've refrained from using this week just to see how well this does on it's own and it does VERY WELL! Big difference noted :).

I will definitly buy again...in fact I will stock up a couple when they get more in :)
Give it a go!!!!